The blog has been an amazing resource to finding memories, dates, and valuable information. With that in mind, I am starting up again. I don't have a lot of time, but this will be a place for me to put quotes, thoughts, ideas, recipes, photos, and things I may need a year or two down the road. So it will mainly be random things. But, there may be an occasional BRILLIANT IDEA. (Like maybe one every 2 or 3 or so years!!!!)
With that in mind, here goes a couple of random thoughts, etc.
- I love teaching online Seminary. The other night we had a lesson on Doctrine and Covenants 76. It was great to be able to share my testimony of the Savior and to hear the students share their thoughts. These youth continue to amaze me.
- You know I am a goal person. One of my daughters-in-law wrote this post: Faith: Tending the Garden and I would encourage you to read it. Some great thoughts.
- I am loving having Allan home on a more regular basis. I feel bad because he hasn't been feeling well. Finally he has turned the corner and is almost back to his old self.
- Can I tell you how disturbing I find some of the shows that are on TV. I probably shouldn't name them here but I think of my parents and how SHOCKED they would be with what gets on TV today. Of course, you have to remember when they were alive Ricky and Lucy had to sleep in separate beds, and not only were they married on the show, but they were married in real life!!!
- The other night we had a friend come over for dinner and he wanted to bring a DVD of an old TV episode. It was Perry Mason. It was so fun to watch, but I do have to laugh when I think about the scenes of the car driving along the road--hysterical!
- Over the past few weeks, I have made this dessert and I have to tell you it is fast becoming one of my favorites--all it needs is a little chocolate: