Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Middle Name Meme

Nancy face has tagged me for this meme...the first thing to do is post the rules of it before you do anything else, so here they are:

1) Post these rules before you give the facts.

2) List ONE fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. (I'm going to take liberty here and put more than one)

3) At the end of your post, choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog! (Well, I really don't know that many people who blog, so anyone who wants to do this can go ahead and give it a try!!!)

M: Married--and oh so happy; Moviegoer: I love movies. Most of our Friday night date nights are spent at the movies and Allan is very good about letting me pick the movies we see. What a guy. Murmurer--I would have made a lousy pioneer. I'm sure there is a very good reason I was not born in the 1800's.

A: Archaic: That's right--I'm old!!! Affectionate--not afraid of PDA's. Athletic--well at least I was in high school. Authoritative--since I don't have a D, I can't put dictatorial, or a C, I can't put control freak!!! So that will have to cover my need to tell everyone what they should be doing. Afraid of tight, closed-in places.

R:
Romantic: And I'm lucky because I'm married to a very romantic guy--every
time he goes on a trip (and he does a lot of travelling) he brings me home
a love letter and after 25 years of marriage I have a file full of them. Reliable--I always follow through.

I: Impatient: It would be wonderful if patience had been a virtue I had been
given, but it is one I'm trying so hard to develop--I'm just not very patient
about it!!! Insecure--hence I always worry that people don't like me or I'm doing things wrong. Imperfect, but Incredibly grateful for my Savior who can help me with that.

E: Envious: Of all the bloggers out there who are so creative and are such great writers. Energetic (at least compared to my Seminary kids at 6:20 in the morning--then again get me next to them at 11:00 at night and I wouldn't be the one you would call energetic.) Eager to learn all I can. Empathetic almost to the point that I worry about everyone!!!


Sidenote #1: Had a great Seminary breakfast this morning. I told the kids I would talk about them on my blog. They are such a great group. Some of them even came to the breakfast and don't even start school until tomorrow. What troopers!!! It's going to be another great year.

Sidenote #2: I exercised on Tuesday and this morning after I got home from Seminary. It's a good thing I've had to put it on here, because the last couple of days I have been absolutely exhausted, and if I didn't have to report I'm not sure I would actually have done it. Only a few more days!!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fun meme and what a pretty middle name. We have much incommon. I would have made a lousy pioneer too. My kids think I'm archaic. I too don't shy away from PDA. My husband is quite romantic too. I'm not so reliabe, but I'm pretty impatient. Especiallly when it comes to trying to overcome my weaknesses. You are energetic to be a seminiary teacher that early in the morning. What a nice looking group of kids!

Hurray for exercising. I will start next week. I promise! :D

Melissa said...

Great meme! And it sounds like your breakfast for the seminary kids went well! I am so glad they had released time where I lived... I'm not sure I would have made it to early morning seminary!!

Ashley said...

Oh the good ol' seminary breakfast to start of the year. I got up at 5:45 am for all four years. I loved my seminary teachers! Good for you exercising. My kids have not been feeling too well, so I have been skippin the gym for the last couple of days. My body is acutally feeling it.

Yvonne said...

Amanda: It was a fun meme. I had to laugh at the idea of your kids thinking you are archaic, but then I remembered when I was 14 and someone turned 25 I thought they were sooooo old. Of course my parents had both died before they turned 50 so I assumed at 25 your life was half over. I'll have to tell my seminary kids that you think they're a nice looking group--that will make their day. RE: the exercising--YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Melissa: The breakfast was great! I admire these kids that get up when they have so much going on in their lives--I joined the Church at 23, so I don't know if I could have done it either.

Ashley: You made it all four years of Seminary--good for you. You have little ones and you get to the gym--way to go. That's the way to take care of yourself.

Nancy Face said...

I'm so glad you played Tag! I love how we don't let these little rules push us around, haha! This was a great post...so much fun to read! :)

I too am a control freak, and I'm impatiently waiting to become patient! ;)

Ditto on every one of your "M" words...my middle name really should have been M-A-N.

Your Seminary picture is awesome! It's easy to see they're fun kids! :D

About exercising: you are VERY determined, woman! You should be so proud of yourself! YAY! :D

Yvonne said...

Nancy: You make me laugh. I do feel good about the exercising--when I try to use the excuse "I really don't have time" I have to tell myself it's only 40 minutes out of my day. I really have to build up to more. While the weather is nice I should take the iPod and go for a walk.

Loved all your comments about the meme.

I love my Seminary kids, but sometimes I'm too intense--I just want to make sure they GET IT--because I don't want to watch any of them make poor choices. (Agency is not an easy concept for me!!!)

Jennifer said...

Have fun to do these things in seminary! What a great experience you are creating for them. You sound like an awesome teacher!!

I'm trying to get back in my exercise routine too... AH! I'm just so tired.

Jennifer in Arizona

Yvonne said...

Jennifer: I didn't see your comment--I am sorry. I love teaching Seminary and am having a great time. The exercising has been great, and I will not give up.