Friday, November 2, 2007

WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN?!?

We arrived in Auburn in the afternoon on Halloween--stopped by to see Stephen, Daphne and the little kids dressed in their costumes. We went to In and Out for lunch.














We then headed into CV (must admit I certainly don't miss that Bay Area traffic. We were going to stay with our good friends Richard and Priscilla. They are such great people. Richard (who was our doctor and, in fact, delivered Brent)looked at all of Allan's medical stuff and I was so appreciative of his talking to Allan about his salt intake. (I have felt like a witch trying to tell him not to eat this or that!!!)









We had breakfast with them in the morning and then headed up to Oakland to go to the temple. It was great because we did a session and then did some sealings--something we used to do all the time on our anniversary. We headed up to the roof to take some pictures
















It has been a long time since I stopped by the house I grew up in--it sure looks different today! I still don't know how 8 of us (7 of them being females) survived in a house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. I guess they cut down the weeping willow trees that were in the yard. (I remember they were loaded with black fuzzy caterpillars.)














We visited with 3 of my sisters at my sister Linda's house. Allan and I stopped by one of our favorite Italian restaurants to pick up soup, ravioli, spaghetti, salad and garlic bread and then drove to San Lorenzo. We had a great time visiting. Allan just sits and watches and gets a kick out of my sisters and I because my sisters and I just laugh--we all have a similar sense of humor, which I have to call an odd sense of humor!!!
I never realized this eye closing thing was a problem my sisters had. One of them had her eyes closed in one of the picture and I didn't have the heart to post that one, so I posted the one of me with my eyes closed--and there were about 4 pictures with my eyes closed!!!
From left to right: My niece Kelly, my sister, Judy, who is 6 years older than me; brother in law, Joe, (Linda's husband); My baby sister Linda who is 4 years younger than me; Me; Patty who is 2 years younger than me.


Before going to our hotel we stopped to visit our friend, Pat. Her husband, Dennis, was at a meeting, so we didn't get a chance to see him. Dennis got home right after we left, so he called the hotel and Allan had a chance to visit with him on the phone.

Today we're off to Auburn for the weekend. I'm going to try and get a hold of my oldest sister (who had to work last night) to see if we can stop and see her on our way to Auburn.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

How fun to get to see so much family in such a short amount of time!

One of my hubby's mission areas was Auburn! :)

Lauren said...

You have the cutest pictures ever! I love them.

How fun for you to visit your old house! I sometimes drive by the house I used to live in and it makes me sad...it is a piece of feces now.

I love the picture of your husband dipping you! You two are too cute.

Tori :) said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're having an awesome trip!! Cute pics!

Calamity Jane said...

I love that you tangoed on the roof of the temple. Not many can say that...

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you are getting to visit with family! It really does sound like a fantastic trip!!

Amanda said...

I love that picture of you and your hubby! Too cute! :) Glad that you are having so much fun and being able to visit so much family! What a great trip! Stay safe! :)

PJ said...

I think I need to get a map and red push pins to keep up with you! :D

So fun to see your sisters!

Cute Kid in Cute costumes!!

Tonya said...

You are certainly getting around. It's always good to go to the old stomping ground. You look fabulous by the way!!

Nancy Face said...

The Halloween kids are adorable! :)

I have never been on the roof of a temple! I ♥ the picture of you and your hubby...it's the cutest! :o)

I would weep too, if I was a fuzzy black caterpillar tree.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your trip with Allan! :)

txmommy said...

I miss in and out!

such a cute picture of you guys on top of the temple! looks like Allan is doing great :)

Amber said...

What a fantastic trip--crammed with so many wonderful memories and family!

Yvonne said...

suzanne: when did your husband serve in Auburn?

lauren: you are so sweet.

tori: we are having a great trip.

calamity jane: It was fun to get that pic on the temple.

melissa: the trip is fantastic.

amanda: it is a whirlwind trip--but it is so fun.

pj: I do feel like we have been all over, but it's great.

tonya: you are sweet--thanks. It is always fun to visit areas and see how things have changed.

nancyface: I am having a ball with Allan. (Those fuzzy caterpillars did become beautiful butterflies!)

txmommy: I am so happy Allan is doing so well--the kids were so happy to see him. (Our hotel in Auburn was right next to In and Out--a little too tempting!)

amber: it's always so great to see family and build those memories.

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

You and your hubby are so cute!

Aren't good friends the best? I am glad you got to spend time with old friends as well as family. (I liked your eyes-shut story, you are such a good sister to post the one of you blinking... LOL)

Heidi said...

I love that picture of you and dad! That just makes me happy:)