Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to all, and to all...

It's Christmas Eve morning and I'm so excited.

Had a fabulous weekend. Heidi made it home--yippee. Her plane from Denver was delayed about 3 hours. We had our Ward Christmas dinner that night so we headed to the airport about 15 minutes before she was due to arrive. It always takes time to clear customs. Hah, we should have known it would take A WHOLE LOT LONGER. Poor thing, when she came through she was so frazzled. They really gave her a hard time--she was almost in tears. If you remember her previous experience we thought that as she came through this time (as a visitor) and told them she was visiting her parents, there would be no problem. SURE!!! As she said, you would you have thought she was on Canada's Biggest Threat List!!! Finally after an hour of questioning her "why do your parent's live here" "why are they not citizens?" "why did you allow them to take your card?" (after they told her they were going to arrest her, what was she supposed to do????), "you should appeal the decision", they begin going through every single thing in her bags. (They even got after her for not declaring the See's Candy--she said it said, "meat and fruit" not candy) Finally, they let her through.

Had a great day yesterday (wonderful Christmas program at Church),--Kyle and his dad at the sacrament table together for the first time. We went caroling with our friends the P's. It was cold, but yet was so worth it. We then enjoyed a great dinner with the P's followed by a hilarious game of Apples to Apples.

Then last night, Allan and I were upstairs and Heidi yelled to us that there were a bunch of missionaries coming to the door. We opened the door to carolers. It was great.

Now I'm off to finish up some last minute details so I will be ready for tonight and tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by those you love and that your home is filled with joy, peace and happiness.

12 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Yippee, I'm first! :D

Nancy Face said...

Poor Heidi...that airport experience sounds awful! :(

How sweet to see Allan and Kyle together at the Sacrament table! Our Christmas program at church was wonderful too! I was brought to tears several times, and for once in his life my hubby didn't have a hanky in his pocket, haha!

Apples to Apples is ALWAYS fun! And it would be such a treat to find missionaries at the door singing Christmas carols! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear friend!
♥ Nancy

JustRandi said...

OH behalf of Denver I would like to apologize to Heidi for the delays. Usually we try to run a tighter ship around here.
:(

I love apples to apples, too.

Do you live close to the mission home? I was thinking that if we tried to do even 25% of what you guys do with the missionaries, it would involve hours of driving. What fun you get to see them!
Merry Christmas!!

Holly said...

Merry Christmas Yvonne! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family. I feel very blessed to have gotten to know you this year!

Macy said...

Poor Heidi. She was so nice to be gift mule for our Canada presents. I was worried about her getting stopped. When I went to Toronto with Diggity, the border agents were mean to me too.

Tonya said...

Sheesh, that is a real stinker what Heidi had to go through.

I'm glad you all ended up having fun regardless. I love Apples to Apples, it'a a riot.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend.

txmommy said...

Merry Christmas!!

Too bad Heidi had a hard time, but I'm glad you're together now and hope you have a great day!

Chel said...

I remember going caroling when I was in Young Women's. It was so much fun!!

I'm glad Heidi is there safely. How fun for all of you to be together!

You have a wonderful family and you are such an amazing person.

Merry Christmas!

No Cool Story said...

Merry Navidad! May it be peaceful, happy and very safe :)

PS: Do you know I'm the Official Apple to Apples Colorado Partay winner?
I am!

Yvonne said...

nancyface: Merry Christmas to you. Hope you had such a wonderful day.

I just love Christmas programs.

You know you, Lauren, and txmommy were the ones who introduced me to Apples to Apples ; )

justrandi: I don't hold YOU responsible--or even Denver. We are about 15 minutes from the mission home. It is so great. Today we had such fun with them. I'll have to post pictures this week of all of them here for dinner.

holly: I don't even remember how I found your blog, but I am so glad I did. Merry Christmas.

macy: Heidi was so happy to bring the gifts. Thank you so much for everything. We enjoyed them all.

tonya: At least Heidi's home!!! We have had so much fun playing Apples to Apples. I hope your Christmas is wonderful.

txmommy: Merry Christmas to you and your family. I know you will enjoy everyone so much.

chel: We love carolling--and even though Allan and I don't sing it is always so much fun.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

NCS: It has been a fabulous day--and i hope you have had a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Congrats on being the Colorado Partay Apples to Apples winner. I dream of one day being the Winnipeg in our house Apples to Apples winner.

Carrot Jello said...

Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

What a horrible experience for Heidi :( Maybe I won't ever travel abroad... I'm sure that I am a threat to something somewhere :)
It sounds like you are having a fantastic holiday! I hope that it continues!!