Saturday, December 1, 2007

My Trip To Boston

It's been a great trip to Boston. All is well. My grandson is as cute as ever--and so is my granddaughter, Amanda, who is going to school in Boston.












My trip to Boston has not been without some excitement. I guess I should back up and tell you that on Wednesday night when I went to Kyle's band concert and I got home and realized that my cell phone was nowhere in the car. I started thinking about my trip there and think I know what happened--Allan called me to let me know he was on his way, I laid my cell phone on my lap. When I got out of the car, the cell phone fell onto the ground and because of the snow I didn't hear anything. Even though it was 11:00 I decided to drive back to the school to see if anyone had turned it in--not yet. So, I left for Boston--no cell phone.

Thursday morning I flew from Winnipeg to Toronto (my plane left Winnipeg at 5:00--that's a.m. not p.m That meant I had to get up at 3:15 to leave for the airport at 3:45!!!) I was dead tired. Allan was flying to Vancouver. He was nice enough to take me and sit at the airport until his plane left at 8:00 a.m. (What a guy ; ) I had no cell phone and when I got to the airport realized I had forgotten my glasses and my copy of Eclipse!!!

I tried to sleep--actually I did my usual fall asleep as we are pulling away from the gate! Then I woke up after we got up in the air!!! I can't believe

The plane left on time and I had a 3 hour layover in Toronto. I worked on the computer for awhile and then decided to go walk around. I went into a store to buy a pair of those cheapy reading glasses and I hear this voice say, "Hey stranger". I thought, gosh that sounds like Neal, but he's in Boston. I look up and it's him. I was so excited. He had been in Toronto all week. We had lots of time to visit in the airport and then on our flight. Macy had arranged for a shuttle to pick us up in Boston and drive us to their home. It was great.

It has been a good visit. They are hosting a dessert party tonight so I tried to help take care of the baby so Macy could get lots done!!!

Sad news, on Friday night Neal and I had gone to Best Buy. Allan called Neal's cell phone and when I got on the phone he said, "You haven't checked your e-mail. Kyle had an accident". He is fine. The roads were icy and he lost control and ran into a parked truck. Apparently my van is in pretty bad shape. Kyle is obviously pretty shook up and worried about the money. My friend, Cory, who is staying with him says my van is totalled--Allan will be home tomorrow night, so I will know more then. I'm just very grateful he wasn't hurt!!!

I will post some more pictures from my trip when I get home--not sure I will have the heart to post pictures of my smashed van!!!

16 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm first!!! :)

Now I'll go back and take more time typing a REAL comment.

Nancy Face said...

That is the cutest picture!

I'm sorry you lost your cell phone...so you got maybe three hours sleep that night? :(

That's so fun that Neal was there with you at the airport in Toronto!

Although it stinks that your van is probably totalled, it's such a great blessing that Kyle didn't get hurt!

Have a safe trip back home! :)

Macy said...

Don't know what I would have done without the help. I wouldn't have been nearly as calm as I was getting ready. Thanks!

JustRandi said...

Oh, Yvonne! I'm so glad he's ok. Car wrecks and kids are one of my biggest nightmares.
Sorry about your van and your phone, though!

Tori :) said...

I'm so glad Kyle wasn't hurt. Sei hit black ice last nite and did a 720 off the side of the road along with a couple of other cars. Ice is so scary!
SO NOT fun to lose a phone, but what a nice surprise to see Neal at the airport.:)

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I am glad Kyle is okay physically, but wrecks like that keep you nervous for awhile. Poor guy.

Hope your cell is found soon. What a bummer about your book and glasses too. I forget things quite often when I am traveling. Too much stuff to keep track of.

Your Grandson and Granddaughter are so darling! What a cute photo!

Holly said...

Darling picture. I hope Kyle is ok!

PJ said...

So glad Kyle is OK, and that you survived the LONG trip to Boston:)

Losing a phone stinks!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!

txmommy said...

oh no! I'm glad Kyle is okay, sorry you lost your phone, glad your trip was fine anyway! WoW! that was quite a week.

Tonya said...

Oh no, I'm sorry about the cell phone.

Thank goodness Kyle was okay. Sheesh, how scary.

I'm glad your visit has been good. Get home safely.

Lauren said...

Im happy Kyle is ok!!

I am soooo sorry you lost your cell phone! Stupid snow...grr

Melissa said...

I'm glad that Kyle is okay! How scary for him :S

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Boston! It sounds like it's been a great trip for you!! :D

Suzanne said...

Oh, I'll bet that Kyle feels terrible! I'm glad he is o.k. It sounds like you had so much fun in Boston! I'd love to see pics! :)

Ashley said...

I am glad no one was hurt! I am so nervous about ice this year. What a nice surprise to have a visitor for the second flight of your trip.

Isn't it funny how we freak out about losing our phones. A few years ago we would have never known the difference.

Chel said...

oh wow... that was a lot of stuff to handle at once!
I can't imagine not having a cell phone :) Then again, maybe it would be nice for a day :)

So glad Kyle is okay. So sorry about the van though!

Yvonne said...

Everyone: No news on my cell phone. What can you do. I don't know why I'm lost without it--not like I've always had one!!!!

Regarding the van--Kyle was shook up. The roads were pretty yucky, one of his friends rear ended a bus the same day (he was o.k., too)

Nancyface: It was so great to see Neal in the airport and to fly with him to Boston--gave us even more time to be together.

macy: I was so glad to be able to help.

justrandi: Thanks.

tori: Thanks--I'm so glad Sei was not hurt--that must have been so scary.

gina: Thanks. You're so right--whenever stuff like that happens you're nervous for quite awhile.

holly: Thanks. Kyle says he will never drive again, but that won't last.

pj: My trip was great. Thanks so much.

txmommy: Yes, it was quite a week.

tonya: Thanks--all is fine. It was a great visit.

lauren: I should carry a purse--then I may have put the phone in the purse.

melissa: Thanks, it was a great trip.

suzanne: Kyle does feel so bad. I did have a great time. Pictures are posted.

ashley: I hate driving in the snow/ice. You're so right about the phone--what did I do before I had a phone??? (I survived!)

chel: I'm missing my phone, but mainly for the text messaging.