Friday, March 14, 2008

My Grandma Stop

When we booked the cruise and knew that we were flying through Los Angeles, I talked to Allan about stopping off to visit the family in Auburn. (When Jason graduated from high school two years ago, Daphne and Stephen asked me to do an album or two of his growing up years. I figured they would want the same thing for Kiah and needed to get pictures. I hate to have them put all those pictures in the mail, so figured this was the perfect opportunity for me to go through the pictures with Daph)

Jason and his puppy, Winston, picked me up at the airport. It was great to have one on one time with Jason. (That's a picture of Brandon with the puppy ; )








We basically had a quiet night. Daphne was working so Stephen, the kids and I went to grab some dinner and then it was off to Target so I could get them Apples to Apples. We had a ball playing. In fact, we stayed up a little too long.

Because of Daylight Savings time Sunday morning was tough for me. I set the alarm on my phone, but did it wrong and used the wrong time zone and ended up getting an hour too early. This actually was probably a good thing ; )

A grandma gets to do a lot of great things--while I was with the kids I had the chance to go with Kiah and her parents when she received a special blessing. It was a wonderful experience. She was so prepared. This was the first time I've been there when one of my grandchldren received their blessing.

Sunday night we went to Daphne's moms for dinner. After dinner we all played Apples to Apples.

Monday morning Daphne and I got busy going through pictures, pictures, and more pictures. So many memories. I am really excited to get busy on this album or these albums for Kiah.

Daph, Drew, Hannah and I went to Hannah's gymnastics class. She is so fun to watch. She is a very strong little girl.













After about an hour we left and went to the park--it was so fun. Drew loved being out. I laughed so hard while he was on the swing. He just really enjoyed it. I did a little video clip--wish I could figure out how to put it on the blog so you could all listen to his little gigle. Stephen and Brandon were at the park--Stephen's Little League team had practice and Brandon was there to help.













After we went back to get Hannah it was back to the house. Drew got his scooter and went around the little circle. I had a great time being out there while he went around and around.








Then it was time to decide where to have dinner. We all decided to go to PeiWei for Chinese food. It was delicious. A couple of shots from dinner.















Lindsay and Jason had a night class so they didn't go with us, but after dinner, J called to see if we wanted to play Apples to Apples--I'd say they're all hooked ; )

20 comments:

smellychelli said...

Apples To Apples is a GREAT game, isn't it? We've stayed up way too late many nights playing that game. And, believe it or not, that is one of the games the teenagers like to play when they come over to our house.

I'm glad you had so much fun with your family. I'm sure they loved that you were able to spend some of your vacation time with them. Have fun making the albums!

PJ said...

Every time I've played Apples to Apples we stay up too late and play too long! It's such a fun game:D

Your family sure is good lookin'!

Glad you had a good visit:)

Chel said...

Those are great pictures and it sounds like you had such a wonderful time with all of them! What a busy schedule!!
I'm sure they loved having you there-- how lucky for all of you to spend time together!

I love looking at pictures-- especially older ones... it sure can bring back so many memories... so fun to reminisce.

Ashley said...

That sounds like so much fun. Apples to Apples is a great game! I bet they were so happy to spend time, share talents, blessings, and have fun with you!

Tori :) said...

LOVE Apples to Apples. It's the perfect family game. :)

What a great trip. I'm so glad you had a good time. :)

Mel said...

I'm glad you were able to spend this time with family. I'm sure they loved the visit and will have great memories.

Ah, its been a long time since I've played that game... it's a fun one!

Holly said...

What a cool visit! Apples to Apples is the best game. We love it.

Nancy Face said...

What a fun way to finish up your cruise trip! It sounds like such a great time! :)

You are INCREDIBLY nice to make those albums for your grandkids! Such a labor of love!

Apples to Apples is the perfect game to be hooked on! Mmmm...I would love some PeiWei right about now!

utmommy said...

Sounds like a great time!
Apples to Apples is so fun.

Tonya said...

I love Apples to Apples. I think they have a Bible edition that we have been wanting to check out.

Jodi said...

I LOVE that game! It is so simple but it's the one game everyone always agrees on to play. And I cannot believe what an awesome grandma you are!

Amber said...

Sounds like a blast! I just love reading your blog because it gives me a vision of what my life will be like a few years down the line. Bring on grandma-hood. :-)

Yvonne said...

smellychelli: I do believe it--Kyle and his friends play ALL THE TIME.

I love spending time with the family.

pj: We love Apples to Apples.

Thanks--I think they are pretty cute ; )

chel: It was great to have that time together--I love to take pictures.

I love to look at pictues, too.

ashley: It was great. Family is the best.

tori: Apples to Apples really is a great family game.

Thanks.

mel: I am glad we had the time together, too.

I'm sure glad someone told me about Apples to Apples.

holly: Do your boys play the Junior Version. I thought about getting it for Hannah, but she seemed to do fine with the regular version.

nancyface: It was a great time.

Making the albums is something I really love doing.

Thanks for telling me about the game--it was either you or txmommy.

PeiWei is yummy.

utmommy: It was terrific. We do love Apples to Apples.

tonya: Yeah, I saw the Bible edition on line and thought about getting it, too.

jodi: It is so fun and everyone just seems to have a great time playing.

Thanks--I love being a grandma.

amber: It was a lot of fun. Those years will come quickly ; )

annie said...

I have never played that game!
I need to buy it, huh?
They are so cute and you look like the best (young) gramma every!

Whitney said...

What fun pictures!!!
I LOVE Apples to Apples! That is a game that I still need to buy, but my parents have it and we'll play it when we go over there.
You have such a fun family!!

Alice Wills Gold said...

I am a HUGE game player, but i have never been able to get into apples to apples. But, I am sure if I had grandchildren that I haven't seen in a while, any game would be fun.

I am glad that you got to have so much fun.

Yvonne said...

annie: You should buy the game--it is so fun ; ) I love being a grandma.

whitney: Thanks. We love playing the game.

We do have a great time together.

alicewillsgold: I'm sorry you don't like the game--we absolutely love it--all of our kids do.

I'm glad we had the time together.

Lauren said...

Mmm Peiwei is bomb. So is APPLES TO APPLES! I love that game! It is such afun family game.

What a fun stop in California. Being with family is so wonderful :)

Heidi said...

OK...Drew on his scooter is my favorite--I'm going to have to add that one to the shrine mom:)

Yvonne said...

lauren: I really enjoy PeiWei. We all enjoy Apples to Apples so much. You are right--it is a great family game.

heidi: When I see you next week I'll bring you more Drew pictures for the shrine. Let me know about Garrett ones you want ; )