Saturday, August 23, 2008

HAS IT BEEN 3 WEEKS???



Well, the pictures have finally been developed from our trip down The Mighty Provo River 3 weeks ago!!! I'm amazed at how well they turned out with that little disposable camera.

This is Kyle with Cyle and Jerry getting ready to go into the river. Unfortunately within a few minutes, Kyle's tube popped and he had to swim to catch us. (Poor kid was absolutely freezing)
















We had a great time--sure wish Brent could have been there with us, but he had to work. At one point, I thought Daniel and I were gonners. Scott who was handling the steering (or should I say, was supposed to tell us where to go) wasn't paying attention and all of the sudden we were in the bushes--REALLY IN THE BUSHES. Scott had to yell DUCK. Fortunately, Daniel and I both ducked otherwise we would have had branches in our faces--and it would have been UGLY.

Speaking of Daniel, he just received his mission call to the Georgia Macon Mission. We are so excited for him. He reports the day after Heidi's birthday. (I realize I haven't written too much about him. He is a wonderful young man--such a sweetie. It's obvious that he and Heidi truly care fo reach other. He seems to fit right into the family.



















Here's a picture of Kyle, Scott, and Allan.
















I don't want to put this as a sidenote because it is very important to me. A few days ago, Nancyface awarded me this very sparkly award. I love things that sparkle--which must be why I love Mrs. Face.

I notice that she passed it on to some of my favorite bloggers. I think passing on awards is one of the hardest things to do--because there are so many deserving bloggers out there. For that very reason, I'm going to say, it's yours. If you are here reading this, grab the award because you deserve it.


Sidenote #1: I do my presentation about Seminary today for our Inservice Lesson--I'm doing a Power Point Presentation on The Top Ten Things I Wished I Had Known When I Started Teaching Seminary. Sure hope it comes together.

Sidenote #2: Wish I could post the picture that Heidi took of her with her cute little "First Grade" class. She looks so cute and it is so fun to see her as the teacher. Makes her mama proud ; )



19 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Woo hoo, I got here first! :D

I had to comment right away...now I'll READ your post, haha! :D

Nancy Face said...

You're right...the pictures turned out great! Heidi looks so pretty in her cute swimsuit! Yep, I'd love to see her with her class, too! :)

I am SO GLAD you didn't get hurt when you went into the bushes...YIKES! :0

How exciting about Daniel's mission call!

Your award looks so sparkly on your blog! I SO agree with you...all of our wonderful readers deserve awards, and it's very hard for me to ATTEMPT to stick with the rules that come with them! I'm glad you shared it with everybody!

I hope your Power Point Presentation goes well for you...I'm sure you're very prepared!

Love you too! :)

aurora said...

Ooohh! Sparkly award! :) Congrats, you definitely sparkle.

Glad you guys were okay! I think that would be too scary for me---

glittersmama said...

Glad to hear that you escaped the branches. Those can be beastly. And I'm super grateful that it wasn't me swimming the Provo River!

JustRandi said...

Yikes! I never even knew you could raft the Provo River! You are one brave and amazing soul!

Tiffany said...

Glad you made it through the Provo River okay, with no branches in the face. I didn't even know you could do that and I lived there most of my life.
The pictures look like a lot of fun. Thanks for the award. I will snag all the shiny things I can get. Hugs-Tiff:O)

Corrine said...

glad your face missed the branches. i hear that water out there is freezing. looks like fun!!

annie said...

What pretty pics! I haven't gone on a river ride in so long! I think the last time was when Matt and I were dating and my SIL fell out of her canoe and broker her tailbone .... good times :)

txmommy said...

another award? You shouldn't have :)

Looks like a fun trip:) Glad you didn't get hurt! That would have hurt.

Yeah for Daniel!

Good luck on the power point.

sweetpea said...

How fun! I'm just really impressed with how well your pictures turned out with a disposable camera, and that it only took you three weeks to get them developed. :)

Heffalump said...

You're rbave...I don't do river things...too scared of drowning.
Looks like it was a great day for it though and like you all had fun!

Amber said...

Pictures are great and I LOVE all that green vs. my world of brown here in CO!

Roller-blading Provo canyon is one of the activities I miss most about the area. But floating it? Never tried!

Amy G said...

Your river trip looks like it was fun and exciting!

I found you through Nancy Face and I saw you're an experience seminary teacher. I'm a brand new seminary teacher. My first day is this Monday. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to see your powerpoint. I figure knowledge is power and possibly comfort too! Thanks!

Klin said...

My girls did that this summer. Me? Well I stay out of cold water. They loved it.

Chel said...

I always loved rafting when I was younger... it's been so long since I've done it. I may just hit up Dame and go to the Salt River again.

Love the pictures! And I am so glad those bushes didn't scratch up your pretty face!

Tori :) said...

I didn't know either that you could raft the Provo river! What a cool (though scary) experience!

Congrats to Daniel on his call!

Melissa said...

The pictures are great! It looks like a really fun trip :D I've always loved river rafting

Whitney said...

Good old Provo River, I was just hiking up by Bridal Veil YESTERDAY! :) I haven't rafted down the river yet though, but it looks really fun!

Yvonne said...

nancyface: The pictures were a surprise--I didn't expect them to be very good at all.

We're pretty excited for Daniel.

I have a hard time sticking with rules when it comes to awards.

The Power Point Presentation went well.

aurora: Thanks.

It was a little scary.

glittersmama: Yeah, they were pretty bad.

justrandi: So, next time you're in Provo...

tiffany: See you can learn so much when you're out reading blogs ; )

corrine: Of course, you're water in Hawaii is so incredibly warm.

annie: You're poor SIL--that would be horrible.

txmommy: The rafting trip was tons of fun.

The next 6 weeks will go by very quickly for Daniel.

The power point turned out pretty good.

sweetpea: I was so surprised that they turned out that well--I was just a little lax in getting to Wal Mart to have them developed ; (

heffalump: We all had a ball.

amber: Isn't it amazing how green everything is--I love it.

I don't rollerblade, so river rafting is more my thing; )

amyg: Thanks for commenting--hope Seminary went well. I hope the PP info was helpful.

klin: You seem so adventuresome, I can't imagine you wouldn't do it ; )

chel: O.K. Where's the Salt River--I guess I'll have to google. (Goodness, what did I do before Google)

tori You mean the "mighty" Provo River ; ) It was fun.

I think Daniel will make a great missionary.

melissa: We've had some fun rafting trips.

whitney: I love Bridal Veil Falls. You'll have to try the river trip.