Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An At-Sea Random Post on the 25th!!!

I'm having trouble with blogger posting pictures, so this is going to be extremely boring--no photos!!! I just want so much to share with you some of the beauty that we have seen. Sorry, I hope blogger will let me post pictures later ; (

All is well--we continue to have a great time. Doing too much eating and probably not enough exercising. Just wanted to share a few things that have been going on.
  • We crossed the International Date line so we basically skipped September 24th. So, I guess in our eyes, Neal will always be a year younger than he is because TODAY IS NEAL'S BIRTHDAY--well, not where we are, because today is September 25th. So, I guess I have to say, Happy Belated Birthday, Neal. Of course, when he reads this it will be on the 24th there in the U.S.

  • It's also Wendy and Tony's anniversary, but again, not where we are--Happy 14th Anniversary Wendy and Tony.
  • I wanted to post these pictures for all you "Deadliest Catch" fans--the crab pots were INCREDIBLE!!! So maybe my next posts will just be pictures!!!
  • We went to another ballroom class. It was a waltz class. I realize I'm a TERRIBLE DANCER. Kept using the wrong foot. Today is another cha cha cha.
  • Sunday night we were out on our regular walk around the deck and I was taking pictures of the beautiful sunset. Allan had come over to tell me that there were whales on the other side. My SIL and I ran to the other side and we were shocked at how many were out--there must have been at least 50!!!! IT WAS SO FUN. If only I could have captured a better picture.

  • You know the seas are rocky when next to each of the waste baskets near the elevators is attached a little barf bag!!!! Haven't felt the need to use one yet ; )
I have to admit I sure miss talking on the phone to my children--sure don't know how those pioneers did it. (And I have access to e-mail (well some days ; )

I keep taking pictures of the food and will post about it eventually.

The fitness center has been so incredibly busy--they limit you to 30 minutes on the treadmill. That makes me turn up the speed when I'm on so I get a better workout. Because it has been so rocky I have had to hold on to the sides of the treadmill because I don't want to fall off ; ) Allan and I walk around the deck each night. We walk on deck 7 and when it's not too windy when we get to one end we go up the stairs to deck 8 and walk around and then back down to deck 7. (You can't walk completely around deck 7) This morning I went out and walked--if only I could post pictures of the swells. I was getting pelted in the face with rain, too.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!





23 comments:

Millie said...

Wow! A skipped birthday - how weird. Glad you're having a good time and getting lots to eat! :)

Ashley said...

I don't think I will be able to find someone to watch my kids for more than a week. So, when they are grown, I am going on that Cruise! I just LOVE hearing about it!

annie said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!!

PJ said...

I'm so excited when I see you have an update! I'm also glad you are having such a great time.

Seeing sunsets in so many different places, wow. I want to be you when I grow up;D

Melissa said...

I've always wanted to cross the international date line! It's a personal goal of mine :)

Tori :) said...

How weird to basically skip a day!!

I love that you got to see whales. That is just so awesome.

Neal said...

Thanks, Mom. I can always use the extra year ; ) I'm so GLAD you guys are having a good time. No news on Evan & Scarlett's baby...yet.

JustRandi said...

Love the updates! And good for you, getting in your exercise.!

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you are having a wonderful time. Wow, whales, and 50 or so?! I am happy for you and your adventure. Can't wait for pictures.:) And, skipping a day, that's got to be fun!

Chelli said...

So, if you skip a birthday, does that mean you don't get any older? Cuz I think a lot of people would arrange to be on the date line each year!!
Can't wait to see the pics, especially the whales. When I lived on the Oregon coast, one of my favorite activities was driving out to the lighthouse and watch whales. Sounds heavenly.

Heffalump said...

So will you cross back over on your way back and end up having the same day twice?
Pictures are lovely, but its just nice that you are posting at all!

txmommy said...

now you are making me never want to go on a cruise, all that rocking?! No THanks!

Hope you have a safe voyage!

Suzanne said...

I'm so clumsy that I can barely stay on the treadmill without falling off, even without a rocky boat under my feet. LOL! That's awesome that you've been getting exercise!

It sounds like you're seeing so many wonderful things! No worries about the pictures. We are patient.

It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! :)

aurora said...

Dance lessons? Treadmill? You are my hero. :)
Glad it is such fun.

Corrine said...

what a wonderful trip, i can't wait to see the swells pictures...

[Somebody Loved] said...

I don't think I have ever skipped a day before... if I did I think I would want to choose which day to skip. Ü

Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Keep on Dancing!

ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

aubrey said...

yay, i love the update! and i totally think that missed day thing is so very cool. and that you got to see so many whales at one time. i can't wait to see pictures!

Nancy Face said...

Stinkin' Blogger, haha...I REALLY want to see your pictures!

Happy Birthday to Neal, and Happy Anniversary to Wendy & Tony! Even if they kind of got skipped, tee hee! ;)

The ballroom classes sound so fun, but I'm not sure Kris would agree, haha! ;)

50 WHALES? Wow, that's so cool! :D

I bet I'd be using those barf bags! :0

Holly said...

I'm so glad you're having fun.

Amber said...

I am loving your posts about your experiences. And pictures. I can't wait for more! Again living vicariously....

Tonya said...

It would be so strange skipping a day like that. What an amazing trip you are on. Stay safe.

utmommy said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!

Can't wait to see pictures of all your yummy food.

Dance lessons would be SO much fun!

Amanda said...

Crossing the time line? Weird! Glad to hear you are having a great time!!! :)

Thanks for the postcard. What a fun surprise! :)