Friday, September 12, 2008

The Time Has Come...

I can't believe it is time to leave. The last few days have been hectic. I am feeling lots better. I did end up with a toothache and had to make an emergency dental appointment--ended up being a cavity and had to have a filling. (Hey, at least it didn't happen when I was on the ship ; )

We're flying to Vancouver tomorrow and will get on the ship there. We will cruise around Alaska for a week and then head across the water and first stop on September 28th will be in Japan. I'm not sure how many opportunities I will have to post, but since this is REALLY the whole reason I started to blog, I have to try and find time to post once in awhile. Please forgive me if I don't visit your blog--bloglines will let me know how many posts I miss. I will do my best to read them when I get back. My intention is to have a lot of Seminary lessons done on the ship--so I will not have lessons to work on when I get home.

As long as I can get to the internet, I'm bound and determined to post about:
  • our excursion in Ketchikan where Allan, my SIL Bev, and I will go
    ziplining.
  • our cruising in Glacier Bay. We have been there before. In fact, I took this picture the last time we were there--it is so majestic. (I have this picture framed and on my mantle)


















  • some of our meals--then you'll all want to know "ARE YOU DOING ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES EATING???"
  • my fitness classes--I have to do something to try and keep some of the weight off ; )
  • Of course, I will have to post about the ports we visit in Alaska. We are not going to do many excursions there--we'll probably just get off the ship and walk around.
  • I will post all about the Great Wall--that is going to be something to see. (I may even have to do so video.
  • We are flying to Xian and will get a chance to see the Terra Cotta Warriors.
  • We will try and get a taxi to take us to The Birds Nest and The Cube. That will be FANTASTIC.
Sidenote #1: Seminary this week was great. One of the highlights for me is when the kids ask questions and you know they are really thinking. We were talking about the judgment and one of them asked why the Savior needs to be our Advocate if Heavenly Father knows everything. Wow! Great question--could have done a whole lesson on the answer. I'll say it again--I am so blessed to be able to spend my mornings with these wonderful young people. I will miss them.

Sidenote #2: I'm pretty much packed, now I just need to finish cleaning the house. I have all of Allan's cards packed. Some of them are so cute. Kyle's letters are done--gifts are bagged and everything is ready to go. HOORAY--and thanks to PJ for the trivia question and thank you Neal for giving me a couple more.



















Sidenote #3: I had to tell Neal that even though I won't read his blog while I'm gone, I will probably visit Macy's (after all she does post pictures of my little grandson ; ), but I did assure him I would read his when I get back. He forgave me.


23 comments:

glittersmama said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a fabulous time. I look forward to reading about your adventures--whenever you get a chance to post.

Magirk said...

What good fortune to have your tooth fixed before you left!

That picture of Glacier Bay is beautiful. Really beautiful.

Glad you were able to get prepared, and I hope you have a fantastic time! ;-)

I'll eagerly await all your blogging topics, and totally understand if I don't see any comments from you on my blog.

Have a great time!! :-D

Tiffany said...

Oh, I am so happy for you. I have always wanted to cruise Alaska. Someday! Have lots of fun. Oh, big hugs for you!!!:)

[Somebody Loved] said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I was going to e.mail about that this morning. (esp. since I was at the doctor a couple of days ago & felt sypathetic) Glad the toothache hit before you left & glad it's fixed.

Have a fantastic journey!

ToOdLeS. ShEiLA

Chel said...

I'm so excited! It will be a great and wonderful time! Have so fun! Don't worry about blogland... everyone will understand why you are missing in action! :)
But oh my, you will be missed!!!

Have fun in Japan! I can't wait to go back next year - it's among one of my favorite places!

Love ya! Have fun!

PJ said...

Yeppee! I'm glad the day is here:D Enjoy every second of it!!

Can't wait to read ALL about it!

Tori :) said...

So exciting Yvonne! You're gonna have such as awesome time!!

Macy said...

I'm honored to know that you'll be reading my blog! I'll be sure to post lots of G-Man pictures. :) Have a wonderful time!

annie said...

I hope you have a wonderful time and know you'll come back with so much to show & tell!
You'll be missed!

Suzanne said...

Oh, so sorry about your toothache! But you're right, it's good it happened before you left!

Have such a wonderful time!!! I can't wait to hear about all the cool places you're visiting...and the food you're eating too! :D

Sheri said...

Have a funderful and fabulous trip! Post lots of pics, so we can experience it with you! Especially the zip line!!:)

Jodi said...

Oh it sounds like such an adventure! I will miss your great comments!

I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled the day before we left for Hawaii! It was not fun! BUT like you I was glad it happened before and I could have MY dentist take care of it!

HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!

Klin said...

Have a good time and eat all you can. Don't forget about the room service.

I'll read ya when you get back.

Heffalump said...

Have a GREAT trip and stay safe! I look forward to reading all about it!

Chelli said...

Yippee it's time!! You go and have a FABULOUS time!! I'll anxiously check back to see the pics and hear about the AWESOME adventures you're going on. Eat lots, worry about it later!!

LOVED the Glacier Bay photo. I thought it was a stock photo found on google images.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

aurora said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. What a trip. Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.
Have fun!

utmommy said...

Sounds like you are all ready to go!

Have fun!
Enjoy!
Be safe!
Eat well!
Relax!

...did I miss anything?

Amber said...

Did you not just get back from HAWAII?? You kill me, lady. Kill me with jealous. I want to be YOU when I grow up!!!!

txmommy said...

Have sooooo much fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Corrine said...

oh i am so jealous, that sounds like such a wonderful trip and adventure.

glad you caught your tooth before, what a pain that would have been, and you'd not be able to eat all that yummy food you are going to enjoy.

love that picture of glacier island, was that the name GORGEOUS!

happy adventures, and I will forgive you for not commenting on my blog :) though you are my one true and faithful follower :)

Tonya said...

I hope you have the most marvelous time ever. Can't wait to hear all about it. Travel safe.

Lauren said...

Have soooo much fun! And be safe! We will miss you! When you get back I will be a Mrs...weird! haha!

von said...

Everyone--IT IS GREAT!!! We are having a great time.