Thursday, October 23, 2008

26 Years Ago Today...

No, it wasn't when I was born. (O.K. Stop laughing!!!)

Anyway, 26 years ago today, I was married.

I've thought a lot about what I would do--I could post 26 of my favorite pictures of my cute hubby. (I'm not home so don't have access to all my pictures, so decided instead to post 26 things I love about this sweet man (in no particular order):

1. He's a great dad. I don't think any woman could ask for a better example for her children--he is THE BEST!!!












2. He loves me--in spite of all my quirks, and bad habits. Whenever he goes out of town he writes me a love letter. I cherish each and every one of those letters.


3. I've really never seen him lose his patience--and believe me I could tell stories of times HE HAD A REASON TO LOSE IT!!!!
(When we celebrated his 60th birthday a couple of years ago, the kids told stories and there were a couple where everyone just shook their heads ; )













4. He has a great sense of humor and can make me laugh--even when I don't want to laugh.

5. He can read my mind--and quite often he has to use this skill.

6. He's a great cook--he makes better gravy than me. When the older kids were young they were not happy when he was not home to cook Sunday dinner and they had to eat my mashed potatoes and gravy.

7. He is extremely organized--sometimes it drives me a little crazy, but at the same time I am so grateful because he keeps everything very orderly.

8. He loves his mother--it touches my heart to watch how gentle he is with his mom.

9. He is the most positive person I know--when we are having struggles, you would never know it to watch him. He has such great faith and always reminds me that everything will work out. You usually always see him with a smile on his face. And doesn't he have the cutest smile ; )










10. He's just so cute.

11. He knows a lot about so many things.

12. People just seem to love him. In fact, every perfect strangers are drawn to him--when we were in China people would stop us and want to take a picture with us (I think it was because he's just so sweet) This is a picture of a young couple on the Great Wall who wanted their picture with him.













13. He has a great love for the Lord--he always wants to do that which would draw him closer to the Lord.

14. He is extremely patient with me--he puts up with so much.

15. He knows the scriptures--I learn so much from him. It is always so fun to have him help me with Seminary lessons.

16. He is a hard worker--he normally gets up at 4:30 a.m.

17. He is a great listener. I love it when our children call to talk to him on the phone--although I love talking to them, I know they get much better counsel when they talk to their dad.

18. He is very generous with others. He is always willing to help.

19. He loves to eat--even my cooking. He has been very good for my ego--he makes me feel like I know how to cook.

20. He is a great cook. In fact, he makes better gravy than me. When the older kids were young they were not happy when he was not home to cook Sunday dinner and they had to eat my mashed potatoes and gravy.

21. He treats me like a queen--actually he spoils me rotten.

22. He always wants his family to be happy.

23. He is a great speaker--he just gave a talk at my BIL's funeral. I don't think anyone could cover the Plan of Salvation so quickly and so completely.

24. He has a very calming influence.

25. He helps me to see things clearly--I can get very down and he helps me to remember the truths I need to remember.

26. There is NO ONE I would rather spend time with.












HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY. I LOVE YOU.



ADDENDUM: Since Neal pointed out that I had a duplicate (I guess that's what happens when you post at midnight after being up since 5 a.m.), I will add that he is willing to serve in the Church wherever he is called and he serves so faithfully. His current calling has him very busy, but he does a great job. Along with that, he has always done a great job in supporting me in my callings.




37 comments:

glittersmama said...

Congratulations Yvonne and Allan!!

Yvonne, it sounds like you've got a keeper. :)

Crazy Mom of Four said...

happy anniversary y'all!

sounds like you married a wonderful man (I was going to write looks like you found a keeper, but then I'd just have to say ditto to glittersmama's comment so I changed it up a bit :))

Macy said...

Congratulations, you two crazy kids! :)

sweetpea said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! He sounds like a wonderful man--you make an amazing couple! Love this post--

aurora said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! He sounds wonderful and it sounds like you guys have a wonderful marriage!
Here's to many, many more happy years together!

txmommy said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!!!

JustRandi said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful tribute. And I love the pictures!

Neal said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Great post, Mom. You're going to have to come up with just one more reason - #6 and #20 are duplicates. I know it won't be hard ; )

annie said...

Congratulations. Such a sweet list especially #26!

Tonya said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That was a very sweet post and I think you are a very lucky woman to have such a great man. I have a sneaky suspicion that he feels the same way about you and rightfully so.

Sheri said...

What a nice tribute... he is lucky to have you too! Happy Anniversary

[Somebody Loved] said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds. It is always extra special when people stick it out and make a marriage work longer than 10 minutes. Ü Continue to enjoy the moments together.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Chel said...

Yay for 26 years and an amazing husband. Yow two are so perfect for each other.
I love the pictures! You are so beautiful and yes, he does have a great smile.

P.S. My Bishop thinks your husband is awesome too. He told me so. ;)

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! I love reading about you and Allan. You have such a sweet love and neat relationship. Have a wonderful day celebrating your love! :)

utmommy said...

Happy Anniversary Yvonne and Allan.
Have a great day.

Grandma A said...

Congratulations and have a wonderful day.

carolyne b said...

Yvonne and Allen Happy Anniversary...you are so amazing everytime I see you guys you still have that sparkle. And your right Alen is a great speaker....I could have set in Stake Conference on Sunday and listened all day. I have to say it was the best conference i have been too, and I have been to quite alot.

Holly said...

I know that corner of the temple! We were married in Oakland too. Happy Anniversary. I'd say he's just as blessed to have you too though!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful post! Congratulations!! You guys sound like you're perfect for each other!

ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! 26 years is so awesome. He does have a sweet smile. Being gentle is such a wonderful quality. I bet he has some pretty wonderful things to say about you too.

Chelli said...

This post made me smile. It warmed my heart. You are a great example of love for your children and grandchildren. Thanks for sharing wonderful thoughts about your husband!

(HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!)

Lippy said...

It's no surprise that someone who writes such beautiful things is half of a great couple. God bless you both, and many, many more years of happiness.

Lauren said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary :) What a happy post with such happy pictures. I am glad you have each other!

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Time flies too quickly.

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :D

You beat us by a month! Our 26th is in November.

This is the sweetest post...I love it! :)

Nancy Face said...

I got your postcard today that you sent me from China! Thank you for thinking of me! It was such a fun surprise, YAY! :D

Amber said...

Wow, that was just wonderful and sweet and made me fall in love with your hubby, too. :-) Happy
Anniversary!

Heffalump said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
I enjoyed reading some of the things you love about your hubby...

mindyluwho said...

It's becoming increasingly rare to read about people who are married as long as you have been. What a great example!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary, Yvonne! You both are such great examples of love for each other! :)

Millie said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I remember the story of how you met him and still think it's neat. :)

Klin said...

Congrats. That is so awesome that you've 26 years. I loved reading your 26 things. I'd love to read his 26 things about you.

Happy Anniversary to you both.

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary !!! WE just celebrated our 26th too! He sounds so wonderful! You are very blessed!

Alice Wills Gold said...

Happy anniversary Yvonne.....you deserve the jewell of the man that you found! I think you are both lucky to have each other.

aubrey said...

aww. happy anniversary {even though i am very late with my wishes} and what a sweet tribute!

Magirk said...

First, Happy Anniversary! (very, very late, as usual)

Second, kudos to him on the BYU shirt. ;-)

Obviously, from all you've said, he is a great catch. But I'm sure he feels pretty blessed to have you.

I can tell you both have such a great love for each other and your beautiful family. It's lovely to read. :-)

Congratulations!

Magirk said...

I meant to also say....

You're inspiring to me. :-)