Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In China



Now that I was FINALLY able to post a picture, I had to put this one of Allan with the children on the ferry in Japan. Isn't it cute.

Well, we have made it to China. We got off the ship on the 6th of October and went to Beijing and visited the Summer Palace. (Will post about it later when I get home) Today we flew to Xian and went to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. Oh my goodness, what an amazing site. (Let me just make a little sidenote here: Our 1 1/2 hour flight from Beijing to Xian on China Eastern Airlines did not include a bag of peanuts but a meal of pork and noodles, salad, a roll, and fruit)

Tomorrow we go to see The City Wall and The Wild Goose Pagoda and then fly back to Beijing. On Thursday we will go to see The Great Wall.

Here is a picture of me at the top of the mountain in Muroran.



















And this is the one of Mt. Sakurajima right before we were sailing away--it was so cool that the mountain starting spitting out some steam. (Grateful it was just a little steam ; )

















ALSO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET DAUGHTER, HEIDI. Love you and miss you.


I will play catch-up on blogs when I get home this weekend.

24 comments:

JustRandi said...

Oh Yvonne! What a fantastic experience you are having. I love the pictures. Especially all the peace signs.
Travel safely - we miss you!

Ronda Hinrichsen said...

Great pictures! I was in China last year and your post brought a whole bunch of memories back. I have some pictures from Beiging and Shanghai on my blog at rondagibbhinrichsen.com, if you're interested.

PJ said...

LoVe the PiCtures!

Have FuN in China:D

aurora said...

I love the picture with the children! That was such a sweet story. :)
Glad that you are having such fun!

Tori :) said...

Amazing!!! Thanks for keeping us all updated!!

Nancy Face said...

YAY! I just LOVE the picture of Allan and the adorable children, all making the peace sign! :D

WOW! You are one cute babe, you know that? :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Heidi! :D

[Somebody Loved] said...

My favorite is Allan with the children... but when it comes to kids I am always partial.

Can't wait for you to be back home safe.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

annie said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

Happy Birthday to Heidi!

Amanda said...

Please make sure to post every detail about China!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

You look so awesome at the top of that mountain! Great photo! Love the one with Allen and the kids too! So cute!

Happy Birthday, Heidi!

Tiffany said...

Yay for pictures and so glad you are having a wonderful time. I am living vicariously through you. The kids are so very cute!!!:)

Klin said...

Those children are adorable. So cute.

You've got some good pictures.

Sheri said...

What fabulous memories you are making and sharing!! Thanks!

Heffalump said...

Awesome! What a cool time you must be having!

Tonya said...

Wow, what scenery. As if you are standing in a post card. I'm glad you are having fun and the picture with the kids is just so darn cute.

txmommy said...

how fun!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Corrine said...

what a wonderful trip. love the pic with the kids.

Chel said...

That is so amazing! I'm so glad you strung us along so we could experience it too!

I'm so glad you'll be back here soon... It's just not the same knowing you half way around the world.

Miss you!

aubrey said...

i'm so glad you posted this picture of allan with the children on the ferry! so, so sweet!

Amber said...

You have done such a GREAT job keeping us updated on your trip even though I know it's probably tough. Can't wait for more!

Ashley said...

Wow the scenery there is just beautiful. Those little kids are so adorable. I just smile remmebering your last post about them.

Magirk said...

Love the pictures. ;-)

And Happy (belated) Birthday to Heidi!

Melissa said...

So awesome! What a fantastic trip!! I can't wait to read more :D

Suzanne said...

I don't know why, but the first thought I had when I saw the pic of you on the mountain is that could be a good one for Neal to superimpose other people on. LOL! :)