Friday, November 21, 2008

Gratitude for a Full Life

I saw this on Aurora's blog--I know I saw it some time ago on someone else's, but I thought this would be the perfect list for this post. I have been very fortunate to do a great many things. The things I have done are in italics and highlighted--the last two things I saw on another list:

1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band--I doubt ROCK BAND counts ; )
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked(Some day I'll have to post about that whole experience in Yosemite when I was 17)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (the Canadian side is much prettier than the American side ; )
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (it was such a fun vacation)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (been to the Eiffel Tower, but have not been to the top
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Visited to Mt. Rushmore
101.  Learned to play a musical instrument

I have been blessed to enjoy a full life.


Sidenote:  Went this afternoon to see Twilight--really enjoyed it. I was very worried that it was not going to be very good.

16 comments:

Brent said...

I have heard that Twilight was good. It should be doing a lot of business this weekend.

glittersmama said...

It always surprises me on this list who has done what. Or hasn't done something that seems like no big deal. I need to get busy and check some stuff off my list!

Nancy Face said...

I've only done about 35 0f those things...so far! :)

Nancy Face said...

Twilight made me happy!

Heffalump said...

It looks like you have done a lot of interesting things. I have done some of the more mundane, like the speeding motorcycle and being in a band (two actually).
Sorry I haven't commented lately. Our computer was down and my favorites/feeds on the other computer is very outdated so I didn't have your blog in the feeds.
I'm glad to have my computer (really my brain) back.

Sheri said...

Looking forward to seeing the movie too! You have led a full life! Keep it up and keep us posted!!

Amber said...

You're the first review I heard about Twilight! I read the critics' take (and they weren't good) but I never trust them anyway.

And you've never climbed a mountain? We'll have to do something about that!

PJ said...

Great list! I think I've done about 7 things on that list;D

I'm going to see Twilight today...hooray!

Holly said...

I'm glad you played along. Great list! I didn't see Twilight. Don't plan to. Maybe once it's on video or something...

Chelli said...

Love the list! It's fun to see what you've done... which is a lot.
Saw Twilight last night too. It was okay. Better than I expected. But it bugged me in a couple places. That's to be expected when they make a movie from a book like that.

Chelli said...

Love the list! It's fun to see what you've done... which is a lot.
Saw Twilight last night too. It was okay. Better than I expected. But it bugged me in a couple places. That's to be expected when they make a movie from a book like that.

chellie said...

Such a fun list! Kissing in the rain... that almost sounds magical. I haven't done that. :)

Mel said...

loved your list! maybe I'll play along.

I'm heading off to see Twilight in about another hour:)

Amanda said...

This is a fun way to get to know you better. You really have been all over the world! :) I'm afraid if I did it it would be pretty boring. ;)

Whitney said...

How have you not had Chicken Pox?! ha ha that's crazy! I thought everyone has gotten it once in their life, I guess I was wrong!
It looks like you have done a lot of fun things in your life, some that I wish I will be able to do, too.
I'm glad you liked Twilight!

Magirk said...

You've done a lot of things!

Very impressive list. :-)