Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude for Good Health

Oh, yes, I have aches and pains (the older I get the more I have), but I am grateful that I enjoy good health. I've mentioned before that neither of my parents lived past 50, so I feel very grateful that at the ripe old age of 57 I'M STILL HERE!!! I try to take care of my body, but know that quite often I overindulge in the sweet stuff. Other than the medication I take to keep me from being WITCHY, I don't have a pile of pills to take--for that I'm very grateful (because the ones I take will not cause my heart to stop or my arteries to clog if I don't take them--THEY JUST MAKE LIFE A LOT BETTER FOR EVERYONE AROUND ME!!!

I'm grateful to be able to exercise (not that I always do ; (, but when I do exercise I sure feel rejuvenated--maybe if I'm feeling that way, it's because I'm not exercising enough. I'm grateful that we live in a house with 2 stories (well, with the basement that would be 3). Walking up and down the stairs is good for me and so I know I get some exercise each day just doing that. I know I need to do get into a routine, but since we've gotten back from our trip it's been tough to get organized.

But that's it--I will state here and now, I will exercise Monday - Saturday. No excuses, if I want to stay in good health, I need to do it.

Sidenote: Posting every day has been tough--the toughest part is that I don't feel like I have the time to respond to the comments (not that there are lots, but I am trying to not spend so much time on the computer) Please know how much I appreciate your taking the time to come and read and especially for commenting. When I complete the Gratitude Challenge, I will go back to posting less frequently, then I can comment on the comments. On second thought, I read a post on Justrandi's site about replying when there is an e-mail address--I've never tried to do that, so maybe I'll do that if your e-mail address is included. I know some people don't come back to read the comments once they've left a comment.

11 comments:

aurora said...

It's true when they say that you don't appreciate good health until you lose it, and after a few big illnesses, I am right there with you on this one.
All except for the exercise part. I haven't been exercising... and I can really tell. :-(

Klin said...

I, too, feel gratitude for health. I struggle with mine and hate it. I hate the way it limits me. I don't have time to have health issues, there's so much to do and so much that I want to do.

The only reason I don't come back after I've left a comment is that I forget. But that's a whole 'nother subject. ;)

Nancy Face said...

I'm very, VERY grateful for my good health, especially because there are so many serious health problems in my extended family. I actually have a little heart issue, but medication controls it.

I couldn't post every day! I am so impressed by you, because not only are you doing it, but every post is SOOO GOOD! :)

annie said...

Good health is such a blessing.

Amber said...

Health is HUGE and I am continually grateful for mine. Fluctuations with money and other hardships come and go but poor health affects everything in life!

Tiffany said...

This must be a good health post day. It seems all my blogger friends are talking about getting fit. I think they are trying to tell me something.:O)

Yvonne said...

aurora: The older I get and the tougher it is for me to get around, the more grateful I am for the fact that I can move it, move it, move it ; )

klin: I understand the so much to do.

No problem not coming back--I just have felt bad that I haven't been responding.

nancyface: I'm grateful you are healthy, too. I'm glad your heart issue is able to be controlled by medication.

I am enjoying posting--just don't know why my comments are way, way, way down. Not that I have ever gotten a ton, but goodness I feel like I have cooties ; ) Thanks for always being so sweet.

annie: Yes, good health definitely is a blessing.

Whenever I am sick and worshipping the porcelain bowl, I forget how grate it is to not be sick ; )

amber: You are so right--good health does affect it all.

tiffany: Glad I'm not alone with the gratitude for good health.

Chel said...

Good health is a wonderful thing to be grateful for! You are a rockin' momma, grandmomma and great grandmomma :) HoT STUFF - fit and healthy. Love it!

P.S. I don't typically go back to read comments after I'm commented. I wonder if my email is enabled when I leave a comment. Let me know, would you?

Chel said...

oh yes.. and the every day posting is killing me... :) It's great being grateful... but to post it every day is a different story. I want to get back to daily life stories :)

PJ said...

My husband and I were just talking about this last night, after learning a friend from his past just passed away from cancer...he is our age. I know tragedy could strike any day, I'm grateful for the health of my family TODAY!

JustRandi said...

Well, if you are 57, then 57 is the new 35! You are amazing!!