Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gratitude for Grandchildren



Obviously, I am doing this challenge in no particular order ; ) The above picture was taken in Park City in 2002--prior to the birth of two of our grandchildren, but I do not have another picture of just all of them. Note to self: Next time we are all together, TAKE A PICTURE!!!!

I am so grateful to be a grandmother and now a great grandmother. At the risk of getting myself in trouble, (but a risk I am more than happy to take), I have to say I have the bestest and the cutest grandchildren in the whole world.

The other day when I read PJ's post and she had a picture of one of her girls with her grandma, it just warmed my heart. I never had the opportunity of knowing any of my grandparents and my children have never had the opportunity to know my parents, so I consider it a great blessing to be able to spend time with my grandchildren (or even talk to them on the phone).

I have had some wonderful memories with my grandchildren. (When we used to live in California, we were fairly close to my oldest grandchildren and we would do things together quite often) It's hard to believe that they are now in their 20's and today tower over me ; )
I love these two and just love it when I have a chance to spend time with them.










By the way, they have an adorable little brother. I can hardly wait until Christmas when I will see him again.
















Back in 95 when Stephen and Daphne moved from Missouri they lived with us while they were transitioning-- The house was crowded but oh it was fun. Little did we know that a few months later we would move back to Canada. B was a baby and I got to spend lots of time with him. Such wonderful memories. They have had two children since then and we have been blessed to have been able to be with them on several occasions--there always seems to be a graduation, baptism, blessing or something going on and we try to be there for what we can. I'm still hoping and praying that we will see them at Christmas.













I am very sad that I don't get to send much time with these boys, but when we lived in Charlotte, they would come and see us every so often. It was great fun. They have grown into wonderful young men.















They have grown into wonderful young men. Evan was such an adorable little boy, and it is so hard for me to imagine him with a son of his own. He is such a caring young man, he will be an excellent dad.



















I am also grateful that my children and grandchildren have this woman for their grandmother. They all love her and treat her with the respect she deserves. (Also my little Xander has 5 generations on both his mom's side and his dad's side--I think that is pretty remarkable)




I'll say it again: I truly am blessed.

17 comments:

Neal said...

Nice, Mom. I love the pics. Can you believe Chris' hair in Park CIty?!? Love it...

[Somebody Loved] said...

Wonderful family photos. I must admit that grandkids are awesome. All the fun... and not much work.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Klin said...

This is the best post. I love to hear you talk about your kids and grandkids. You love them. It shows.

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful family you have, and 5 generations, wow! I look forward to the day I become a grandmother.

mindyluwho said...

I can't wait to be a grandmother...well, I can wait at least 5 years until my daughter is old enough to get married! But I think it will be so much fun to be a grandma!

Suzanne said...

What a great post! How fun that you've been involved in your grandchildren's lives. I'm sure everyone is happier because of it!

Macy said...

I can't believe Jason's hair in Park City. Or how little G-Man is. I loved that sweater. *sigh*

Chel said...

You are truly blessed. You have a large, beautiful family! Can we join?? :) I can see how much you love them, EACH of them dearly.
In return Yvonne, they are so blessed to have you for a grandma.

PJ said...

All my life I couldn't wait to be a wife/mom. Now I sometimes think (in the far, far off future) what a blessing it will to be a Grandma...does it ever end;)

You are Blessed!

Crazy Mom of Four said...

that you are!!

carolyne b said...

Being a grandparent is truly a blessing. I love it when I talk to my only grandson on the phone and he wants to know when I am coming over to play or when I pick him up from daycare. He loves to tell his daycare teacher, "I'm going to Grandmas house".
Those little spirits are so special and to thing Yvonne you are blessed with 10 and a great grandson too. Does it get any better?

Nancy Face said...

This is so wonderful! :)

Yes, it's VERY remarkable that Xander has 5 generations on both sides of his family! :)

I have so much to look forward to, yay! :D

Amanda said...

Thanks for the post Grandma. We love you, too!

Chelli said...

One day (in the far away future) I hope to be a grandma like you -- loving, involved and there for her grandkids. You are a great example!!

Holly said...

What a lovely post Yvonne. You have a beautiful family.

Lucy said...

Being a grandmother is the best. You are indeed blessed.

annie said...

So sweet!