Monday, November 3, 2008

Gratitude for: Medical Advancements

Last night I had a chance to talk to my sister, Judy. In this post I talked about going in for my mammogram at her request. While I was gone on the cruise, she completed her radiation therapy. Everything is good. I am so grateful that she did not have to go through chemotherapy. She commented about going in and seeing so many people who were so sick, she felt very lucky. She said the only problem she had from radiation was being tired. I hope and pray that she continues to do well.

I am so grateful for the medical advancements that have been made in recent years. I am grateful that Allan was able to get a stent put in his heart last year. I don't know what would have happened years ago. I think of all the help that was available for Brent while he was growing up--I don't know what it would have been like for him if he had been my first born 38 years ago.

Sidenote: I don't think it will be difficult to find things for which I am grateful each day, it is just tough to find the time to write a post (barely made it tonight ; )



15 comments:

glittersmama said...

If it weren't for medical advancements, I wouldn't have my sweet baby girl. Definitely something to be grateful for.

fawndear said...

I whole heartedly agree with you. There is so much to be grateful for and not enough time to blog about it.

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart.

Thank you for sharing your gratitude!

Nancy Face said...

I'm so glad Judy is doing well and doesn't have to go through chemotherapy! :)

My mom had a stent put in several years ago, and it has done just great for her. :)

Chelli said...

I am going to enjoy your month of blogging. You are reminding me of the many things I have to be grateful for. Thank you.

aurora said...

I love this idea! I am so thankful for medical advancements, too. I am glad that your sweet sister is doing well.

Crazy Mom of Four said...

i love modern medicine, i know i wouldn't be alive today if not for it.

Tori :) said...

Isn't it amazing all the things medicine and doctors can do today?!

Sheri said...

Thanks for sharing the idea of posting our gratitude! I believe that it is important what thoughts we put out in the universe... and I know it feels good when someone thanks me... so I imagine Heavenly Father would feel enjoy hearing of our gratitude on a regular basis!
As always, thanks for the inspiration!

[Somebody Loved] said...

We have come along way in medical technology for sure... it is a great thing. Only difference is your country is the smarter one when it comes to healthcare for everyone. I miss those days we lived in Canada and didn't have to worry about insurance coverage.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Magirk said...

That was a lovely post. :-)

I'm grateful for medical advancements as well.

I have 3 beautiful children who wouldn't be here without some of those advancements!

Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

Chel said...

Wonderful thing to be grateful for.

I can't wait to keep reading these. thanks for sharing.

Tonya said...

No doubt. I too am grateful for the technology we have. My mother-in-law is alive today because someone though it was a good idea to transplant organs. Yippee!!

Mel said...

Ditto, without medical advancements I dare say we wouldn't have our littlest one.

Lippy said...

With all the screaming about the healthcare system in this country, it's good to occasionally get the reminder that we're not completely bad off. Thanks for pointing that out.

Suzanne said...

I'm grateful for medical advancements too. There is a good chance that neither of my sons would have made it without technology. What a blessed time we live in!