Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude for My Cute Husband


Obviously these Gratitude Posts are not in order of importance or this one certainly wouldn't be posted on the 19th day of the month!!! I am certainly grateful for this guy.

He is the love of my life. I know I have told you so much about him, but I'll tell you some more. We had our 26th anniversary almost a month ago, and in that post I told you about some of the things I love about him. Each and every day I feel so grateful for the wonderful man that he is--quite often I wonder why I am so blessed. I truly believe he gets up each and every day wondering what he can do to make my life better.

We have had some great times together--he is so much fun-- No matter how old he gets, he is so young at heart. I think we both shake our heads in disbelief that we are as old as we are!!! Of course this was a river trip over 20 years ago. It was so fun.













Our first cruise--we laugh so much about this trip. When we left LA there were 6 of us traveling together. My SIL had some heart palpitations when we stopped in Hawaii, so she my other SIL and my MIL and FIL got off the plane--Allan, me, and the luggage (I didn't want to write Allan and the old bags or you might have thought I meant me ; ) went on. (This would NEVER happen today.) So when we arrived in Sydney, the two of us had to manage something like 12 pieces of luggage--(gosh we traveled light in those days--today Allan and I coming back from China almost had that by ourselves ; ) We still don't know why they ever let us through customs.





Our first trip to Alaska--it was so beautiful--still probably one of our favorite cruise destinations. We just love seeing this beautiful world together, and we have been so blessed to enjoy some beautiful sites.


















Thanksgiving 1991. Such a great memory--Jason, Kiah and Daphne were visiting. We were living in the Toronto area--Allan was serving as Bishop. Such an amazing time in our lives. It has been a privilege for me to support him in each of his callings, and I feel so incredibly blessed for the support he has always given me. It is so wonderful to have his help with my Seminary calling. I just love his willingness to serve anywhere.








He can be so silly sometimes. When Nancy got married in 2000, she had a Hawaiian theme, and my SIL had this silly wig, so Allan had to put it on--frankly I prefer his little bald head!!! He does have a great sense of humor which I appreciate so very much.











We've had the privilege of seeing many temples throughout the world--this is the Copenhagen temple. We always try to visit temples whenever we can--I love that attending the temple is so important to him.














In 2007 it was so great for him to have the opportunity to release Brent when he returned home from his mission. Allan's mission was such a great experience for him and we so look forward to serving a mission together one day. I'm grateful it is so important to him












He has always been a great provider--he is such a hard worker. I love having him at home now, but I know he is anxious to find another job. It's exciting to wonder what the future holds.

He knows blogging makes me happy, so he encourages me to blog and has even helped me come up with post ideas. He was even a guest blogger on my blog on this post He also has always been supportive in my meeting other bloggers. He encourages me in my exercising--not because he thinks I need it, but because he know it makes me feel better. He encourages me in my piano playing--even though he has to put up with the poor playing when I practice.

You may laugh when I say that I look forward to growing old together--because I'm sure to you we are old. Believe me, to us we're not. I think of my parents who died before they were 50 and realize that we still HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF LIVIN TO DO!!!!

Every year when the kids go to buy Christmas presents and they ask him what he wants, he gives the same answer: I just want my family to be happy. I AM JUST SO GRATEFUL TO BE HIS WIFE.

Sidenote: I'm glad he was at meetings last night and didn't have to listen to his wife yell at the TV while watching Biggest Loser.



19 comments:

aurora said...

You guys are so cute. I am sure that you are on his grateful list, too!

Sheri said...

What a great example of what we all can have if we put in the effort!

[Somebody Loved] said...

A happy family is actually a 'tall order'... especially for everybody to be happy at the same time. Ü
However this is a very sweet & sentimental post about the gratitude you have for your sweetheart. Thank you so much for sharing... I feel like I am blessed like you.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Klin said...

I've never met your Allan, but I admire him. He is lucky to have you for a wife, too.

That biggest loser was a tad bit frustrating wasn't it?

Tiffany said...

It's not easy to find a good man these days. I can tell how much you love him and how cute you two are together. I, too, am blessed to have married my sweetheart. What a blessing, comfort, and strength to have a good husband.

aubrey said...

so sweet, yvonne. i loved this post!

Crazy Mom of Four said...

why didn't amy vote off vicki??

oh and very sweet ode to your husband!

Chelli said...

Yay! You turned comments back on!

Every time you post about Allan I smile. I feel like I know him. (And I love my hubby's bald head too!)

PJ said...

Too sweet:) You guys rock;)
What a blessing to be able to travel so much together!

Tori :) said...

Such a stinkin' cute couple. I love reading about people in love. :)

Nancy Face said...

I'm certain he's so grateful for his cute wife! :)

Wonderful, wonderful post! :)

JustRandi said...

I absolutely LOVE your first picture! It is fantastic!

And I agree about the Biggest Loser! So frustrating.

Liam's Mom said...

Gosh I've said it before but I'll say it again... he is amazing! What a shining example he is... you are the perfect wife for him. You two seem to have your own little world of bliss. What a blessing!

Magirk said...

Yvonne, I love to read what you have to say about your sweetheart. You're so inspiring, and such a cute couple. ;-)

The pictures of your life together, and with your family, doing fun things and celebrating life... It's so good to see.

I wanna be just like you! :-D

Happy, beautiful, and grateful.

txmommy said...

so sweet!! I love him, and I don't even know him :) what a wonderful example of a celestial marriage you two are.

I was yelling too, I can't believe they sent Coleen home instead of that meanie!

Ashley said...

He does sound like so much fun. I enjoy reading your posts about him, so sweet!

Poor Coleen. I always feel guilty eating dessert while watching Biggest Loser. It always seems to happen that way though.

Yvonne said...

aurora: Thanks--I'm pretty sure I'd be on his list ; )

sheri: Thank you so much--it has been worth every bit of effort.

sheila: Thank you. I know from reading your blogged you are very blessed.

klin: We are both very lucky

Yes it was quite frustrating to watch.

tiffany: Yes, it is quite a blessing. I'm glad you feel the same way about your husband.

aubrey: Thank you.

crazy mom of four: I can't believe she didn't vote her off either.

Thanks.

chelli: I still remember before we started dating and my Laurels told me "whatever you do don't marry a bald guy ; )"

pj: We are very blessed--especially because we LOVE TRAVELING TOGETHER.

tori: Just like I love reading about you and your man.

nancyface: Thank you--I think we are each other's biggest fans.

justrandi: I don't like most pictures of me--that one I like.

Yes, in total agreement about Biggest Loser.

liam's mom: I appreciate your kind words.

magirk: Oh my goodness, you are far too sweet.

txmommy: We are very blessed.

I'm glad to know I wasn't alone in my yelling ; )

ashley: Thanks.

They work so hard on Biggest Loser--I don't know how they do it.

Suzanne said...

This is such a sweet post!!! I'm so glad that you both found each other.

Allan could say that he was "Weird Al" with that wig on. ;) And "Old Bags"? Yvonne, you crack me up! :D

chellie said...

You guys are the cutest! Such wonderful life you live with the man of your dreams. You are a lucky girl - but I must add, he's a lucky guy too. :)