Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gratitude For My Jacuzzi

The other day Neal asked me if I was going to keep posting for the whole month--YES. I'm one of those people that tries to follow through on commitments. Gee, I wonder if I sound like those people in the scriptures who talk out of both sides of their mouth because I didn't do very well on the 21 days without sugar commitment I made ; (

I have been going to the gym (well, on second thought I'm not sure Curves is considered a gym???) every day this week. I do 30 minutes of circuit training. Then I come home and get on the elliptical for another 30 minutes. I have to tell you my hips (well, my right hip) is giving me grief. (Actually I had noticed before we even went to China that it was bugging me)--I kept thinking I just needed to keep working it and it would get better). I keep going up and down the stairs in my house and some days it is tough. (Remember how yesterday I said I didn't feel old--TODAY I DO. So far my hip is not getting a whole lot better.

I am very happy to say that it feels a lot better tonight after a nice 30 minute soak ; )

11 comments:

Tonya said...

Yea for you for being so committed to working out and I'm glad you were able to have a good soak.

utmommy said...

I would totally be grateful for a jacuzzi right now.

Nancy Face said...

I'm so sorry your hip hurts! :(

If I lived where it was 85 degrees below zero (tee hee!) I would be grateful for a nice warm jacuzzi too! ;)

Chelli said...

I consider Curves as a gym. I walk out hot and sweaty and tired, yet feeling good. For me, it's much better than a regular gym. I'm glad you're going. Do you enjoy it?
However, when I come home I blog. I'm impressed that you do further exercise. The jacuzzi sounds like a little piece of heaven.

Crazy Mom of Four said...

way to go to curves and exercising! and sorry about your hip. and i would love a jacuzzi!! i am grateful you have one :)

Magirk said...

I'm sorry about your hip - I TOTALLY sympathize with you on physical pain! No fun. :-(

Personally, I consider Curves a gym. Not in a sense of having monkey bars and ceiling ropes and such... you know, like a gymnastics gymnasium.

But it's definitely a gym. I'm pretty sure it is.

(Jacuzzi's are so worthwhile, aren't they???!) ;-)

Lauren said...

I hope your hip is ok! But I am glad you have a jacuzzi to help!

Good job on working out!! I skipped school yesterday so I could work out before the midnight showing. I am crazy.

Suzanne said...

I say that Curves is a gym! Good for you, for your efforts. And I'm totally jealous that you have your own jacuzzi! Have fun soaking. :)

sweetpea said...

I am loving all your gratitude posts! Way to go on the workout, and the jacuzzi sounds fabulous!

chellie said...

That is great you've gone every day for the circuit training!
I am also very thankful for our jacuzzi. :)

Amanda said...

A jacuzzi would be so nice to soak in! Way to go with the working out! Sorry about your hip. That makes working out tough. :(