Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gratitude for Opportunity to Make Changes

I have struggled trying to figure out how to write this post. I am just so grateful to be able to get up every day and make necessary corrections in my life. I so appreciate that I can change things about myself I don't like. I don't have to say: "That's just the way I am".

Last year I made an accountability list, and though I didn't exactly keep up with it, I did do some of the things on the list.  I feel pretty good that I completed a couple of goals. A couple of things I'm still working on and will probably work on for the rest of my life: 
  • Letting people solve their own problems; and 
  • Recognizing that people are different and don't do things the way I do, i.e., the "right way" ; ) I have to admit I'm doing a little better.  I still get frustrated.  
Obviously, I am very grateful for repentance (but that will be saved for another post ; )  I know I have a long way to go, but I will forge ahead.  I am so grateful to know I can get up every day and strive to become a better me, and in the meantime I know I don't have to beat myself up because I'm not there yet. 



Sidenote:  I can't believe I forgot to write that yesterday was my grandson, Josh's 19th, birthday.  Of course, I guess part of the problem is because I have been doing these gratitude post, I didn't do a November celebrations post.  


8 comments:

Crazy Mom of Four said...

life is amazing isn't that we have the ability to change, too bad its not as easy as changing shoes or something.

I have similar personality traits :)

Nancy Face said...

Wouldn't it be fun if people would do things OUR way instead of their OWN way? ;)

Happy birthday to Josh! :D

Tonya said...

Thank goodness indeed for the opportunity each day for a do over. I need that all the time.

Heffalump said...

I think people in general spend a lot of time wishing they could change other people, but we can really only change ourselves.

[Somebody Loved] said...

I do pretty good when it comes to letting others solve their own problems... unless it involves my kids... and then I am terrible. I am working on it though and it's getting easier not to be involved. I keep reminding myself that I am no longer producer and director... but an audience member.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

txmommy said...

what a blessing it is to be able to change and to grow!

lovin your list :)

Lippy said...

People who are always working to polish their own lives are a lot easier to live with than those who are always looking to change ours for us.

I get a strong feeling that you're as great in person as you are in Bloggerville :)

annie said...

Happy Birthday to Josh!

Change is good :)