Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gratitude for this Beautiful World



I admit it--I'M A SAP. I cry very easily--songs make me cry, commercials make me cry, watching people win something (or lose) on a game show makes me cry. And WHENEVER, I hear this Primary song, it makes me cry.

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky;
Whenever I feel the rain on my face,
Or the wind as it rushes by.

Whenever I touch a velvet rose,
Or walk by a lilac tree;
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see,
The color of butterfly wings;
He gave me my ears that I might hear,
The magical sounds of things.

He gave me my life, my mind, my heart,
I thank Him reverently;
For all His creations of which I'm a part,
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

I am so incredibly grateful for the beauty of this earth, for the variety--it is simply marvelous. I know it's very simple, but I love when I look at the trees and there are so many different colors of green and so many different varieties. And then there are flowers--so many colors, varieties, smells, etc. And the land--here everything is very flat and there is beauty in it--I know I make fun quite often, but the prairies are beautiful. When I'm in Utah I just marvel at the mountains--I remember the first time I visited BYU and stood on campus, I felt so protected because I was surrounded by the mountains.

As the weather changes here where I live, I know I will enjoy sitting in my house and looking out at the snow (can't say I will enjoy being out driving in it ; ) You have to know when it snows here it will stay on the ground until April or May.

Life is wonderful and I am very blessed.

By the way, the picture at the top was taken a couple of years ago and shows the beautiful colors that I see through my kitchen window--well, I don't think I'll see anything but white stuff after tomorrow--things will be more like this.

The weather forecast a winter storm watch in effect for tomorrow--rain/freezing rain/ice pellets/snow ; (

Sidenote: Jodi is hosting a contest in honor of her 200th post. She is giving away a Chocolate Indulgence First Aid Kit. Her blog is so fun, you will enjoy reading it. Be sure and go and check it out.




16 comments:

Tiffany said...

So pretty. I love the pictures. We got snow today and rather than boo-hoo it like I normally do, I thought it looked pretty. I'm glad I live in an area where there are seasonal changes I can see.:)

[Somebody Loved] said...

I love both photos. That is one of my favorite songs.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Chel said...

Such a great song. I love it too. Your grateful posts are putting mine to shame. :)
You are so wonderful!

glittersmama said...

What a beautiful view you have from your back window! I love it.

I'll be sending warm thoughts to get you through your snowstorm.

Nancy Face said...

I love this beautiful world too, and I love leading the Primary children in singing that precious song. They especially love making butterfly actions with their hands! :)

Your fall picture is scrumptious!

Theresa said...

Excellent post! :) I'm just writing soemthing similar myself, and noticed that it's very inspiring to remind oneself about those feelings in writing.

sweetpea said...

I LOVE that first picture--how lucky you get to see that your kitchen window!!

Amber said...

Dearie, that is my absolute FAVORITE Primary song. Makes me feel a bit weepy, even.

Our mornings have been chilly here and we're heading up to the mountains tomorrow for our first snow of the season. Are we ready? It's still early-season so definitely yes. Ask me again in March when I'm sick of it. :-)

Tonya said...

Beautiful view with or without the snow. I was reading this thinking "me too, me too". I often look around and think about how beautiful the world is around us. Great post my friend.

aurora said...

I have always teared up at that primary song, too! I thought it was just me. Glad to know that I am in great company with fellow saps. :-)

txmommy said...

so pretty!

I'm so glad you didn't think I was a racist.

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I so agree! We live a gorgeous world! We are so blessed!

Sheri said...

Do you know... I was thinking of this song the whole tme I was posting my fall pictures... but ended up going with what a beautiful world! I love both songs and of course the beauty around us! Thanks for your condolences on our puppy and for making me see on a sad day that I need to reflect on what I am happy and grateful for!

Chelli said...

I'm in agreement with you and everyone else... the song, the pictures are perfect.

We got about an inch of snow on Tuesday and it hasn't melted yet. I'm a little disturbed by that, but, we need the moisture... (I'm hoping it goes away because I haven't raked the leaves in the yard up yet.)

aubrey said...

what a great post! i absolutely love living here in the state of washington. there truly isn't a day that goes by when i am not astounded by the beauty that surrounds me. it is breathtaking.

mindyluwho said...

That's my very favorite Primary song! I sang that to each of my kids while rocking them to sleep.