Saturday, January 31, 2009

Accountability Update

I have some plans for posts starting in February, so I'm going to do my Accountability Update today. Here are my goals and the results for January:

#1--Mail family birthday cards out on time--My SIL had a birthday on January 23rd (and I didn't even mention it on my blog ; ( I hope Tony will forgive me. In hopes of staying on top of my goals, I did manage to mail his card on time. However, because we had our family challenge, he got a funky card that I had on hand. Actually, it was pretty corny ; )

BTW, He is a Steeler fan and I know he'll be cheering for the Steelers tomorrow.

#2--Organize my photos--Haven't done anything with my photos. They are organized in iPhoto, so I think I just need to take them and put them in files. Let's hope I have a better report in March.

#3--Be able to play 5 hymns--My piano teacher and I have been working on 2 hymns. I have been practicing every day. I have been working on Habanera--I had no idea there are that many versions on youtube. In fact, did you know Nirvana did Habanera. Pretty fun. My piano teacher is on vacation for a month, but I keep practicing anyway. It is very hard when Kyle is around to listen and say, "mom, those are supposed to be eighth notes and you're playing them like quarter notes!!!!"

#4--Meal planning--I have been planning my menu every week, but we have had to make lots of changes. It's nice to know ahead of time what we're going to have for dinner.

#5--Be kinder.--I feel like I've been doing pretty good at this. I still have a long way to go. I think this will be a goal for the rest of my life. I think some days my evil twin just gets the better of me.

#6--Pray and listen--I've been doing pretty good with listening--still finding myself doing too much directing. Goodness, I am so grateful for prayer. I was going to write last week about the wonderful Fireside we had with our Area Authority. It was fabulous. As always, I learned so much. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to go to have nights like that and really be spiritually fed--I took notes like crazy and it was so wonderful to come home and sit and talk with Allan about it and get his take on what we heard. What a blessing.

#7--Lose 10 pounds--Oh, it was LOSE, not gain ; ) This one is not going well AT ALL. I am definitely an emotional eater and food has been a problem, especially the sweets. I will do better next month.

#8--Continue exercise routine-- I have done very well this week with the gym and my elliptical, Went to the gym every day, except yesterday because we didn't get back from the temple until late afternoon.

#9--My card cleaning system--The cards are filed in the appropriate days and I'll be starting with my "daily" chores for tomorrow. I have to admit I'm a little excited about getting it going again.

BTW, I'm doing GREAT with the Backwards Resolutions ; )

I'm so glad that our family challenge for January is over. I NEED a haircut so bad and the printer for my computer is out of ink. (I have a couple of colors on hand, but not the ones I need) I have learned that quite often I just pick things up when I'm at the store, so it's been a good exercise to make me stop and think about my spending habits. Given the economic climate right now, It definitely was a CHALLENGE for me.

Next month our family challenge is to write--not type and mail one letter to someone in the family each week. We do a pretty good job of communicating via e-mail, but hopefully this way there will be handwritten notes. (It would mean a great deal to me to have a handwritten letter from either of my parents)




13 comments:

Sheri said...

YEah!!! I am finally first... not 17th!! You amaze me and make me want to try harder to actually do the things I need too! Great ideas!

Valerie said...

This is a great way to keep up on your resolutions!! Good work!! Remember, if you were perfect in everything, you wouldn't be here to delight us with your writing. (You'd be *twinkled*)

Amber said...

I LOVE the idea of an accountability update! Mine is start running again 4-5 days and make sure to read my scriptures every night.

Great idea!

annie said...

Ugh. I don't want to talk about losing :). I'll do better this month too. Promise!

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

I think that you are doing pretty darn good. I admire how you are constantly reminding yourself and working on your goals.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Tori :) said...

You have great goals. I, too, want to do better at sending cards. I used to be so great at it and I just got lame somehow... ;)

Heffalump said...

Gee, I just take my goals one at a time for the most part! You're making me look bad!

chellie said...

Great job! It's great to hold yourself accountable and see what you've done (or not done), that way you never lose sight of it. :)
You are doing wonderful!

Lauren said...

First off, I can't believe you have a goal to be "nicer". You are the nicest person I know!

Also, I love that you are taking piano lessons. That is awesome!

Natalie said...

Great accountability update! I think you are amazing to do so many things.

Melissa said...

Sounds like you're doing really well!! And I love your February Family Challenge! It's always fun to get something in the mail that isn't a bill or a credit card application :)

Nancy Face said...

I think you're doing great! :)

I really like your February Family Challenge...it sounds like so much more fun than the January one! ;)

Jodi said...

Here! Here! To Backwards Resolutions! I am sticking with them from now on! I feel so much better!

There is NO way you need to be kinder! If you do then the rest of us are in trouble!