Monday, January 26, 2009

Backwards Resolutions

Before I start, let me say that my "Let's Get Organized" Post made me feel really bad--I don't like people to think of me as something I am not. I have done my card system in the past--it is a goal for 2009 for me to start it up again. Please understand--I am not organized, just "want to be organized".

I first saw this idea on Jodi's blog and loved it, so I've decided to copy it. I have been working hard on my accountability list and will report in February. In the meantime, I thought I would go ahead and tell you the things I plan on NOT DOING in 2009. I think I will be pretty successful with this list:

In 2009 I WILL NOT...

1. Sing a solo at Church or for that matter ANYWHERE (well, except maybe the shower)
2. Stop reading
3. Speak the words, "Guess what, I'm pregnant"
4. Win the lottery
5. Start smoking
6. Stop loving my husband and children
7. Run for any elected office
8. Stop counting my blessings
9. Stop blogging
10. Go bungee jumping
11. Start drinking alcoholic beverages
12. Become a belly dancer
13. Stop going to the gym
14. Wear a bikini
15. Stop enjoying chocolate
16. Stop LOVING being a grandma and great-grandma
17. Pass up an opportunity to go on a cruise
18. Stop taking pictures
19. Stop going to Church
20. Stop having hope that in the end my WHOLE FAMILY WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER!!!

So, what about you...What are you planning on NOT DOING in 2009???


Sidenote to #16: My little great-grandson, Xander, is in the hospital with a virus. I'm hoping he is better really soon. Nancy sent me a text with a picture of him with tubes, etc.--so sad.

24 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry about Xander. That makes me so sad when babies are hooked up to tubes, etc. I will keep him in my prayers. Fun post. I will have to play along.:)

Lauren said...

What a cool idea!

I will not:

*drink soda
*eat ramen
*skip more than 2 days of working out a week
*say a cuss word (only have said one in my life)
*be mean to Ted.

Heffalump said...

Prayers for Xander...

I can't believe you don't want to be a Belly Dancer! I hear it's good exercise...

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

Somehow a bikini wearing belly dancer that smokes like a chimney doesn't fit YOU at all. Ü

Silly lady.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Klin said...

Poor Xander. I hope he gets feeling better soon.

I will not do any of the things you said and probably some others that my brain doesn't want to think about.

Sheri said...

Prayers for Xander, that is the saddest thing to see! I will not feel guildty for being unorganized! Yea Right!!

No Cool Story said...

I walked around my kitchen thinking about how/where to start writing my card system.
I want to do it, I want to be organized :)

Sorry about the little guy being sick, how scary for him with the tubes and all. Hope he's out of there soon!

Valerie said...

I'm a visual person and I had a vision of you walking up to Allan and springing #3 on him. It made me laugh.

I like your list. I think that would be easier than all the things I want/need to do.

Keep us posted on Xander!

Mel said...

I'm glad you finally caved and went with the "backwards resolutions". It's worked for me so far. You cannot fail.

So sorry Xander is in the hospital. I hope he gets better soon. Poor little guy:(

Nancy Face said...

Oh...I'm so sorry that little Xander is so sick. I will pray for him.

Nancy Face said...

Bummer...I was really looking forward to that solo! ;)

I HOPE I never do this again:

3. Speak the words, "Guess what, I'm pregnant"

Because it's still possible, YIKES!

Tonya said...

So sorry to hear about Xander. It's awful to see little ones under all those tubes.

I like the idea of a list of things you won't do.

I won't :

*jump out of a airplane (on purpose)
*bungee jump
*wear a bikini
*stop going to and serving at church
*start a card cleaning system (it's a great idea but I just know me..lol)
*stop loving my family with entire being

JustRandi said...

I love this!!
(Though it does make me a little sad that we can't possibly go bungee jumping together if we ever meet up. you know... in bikini's!)

aurora said...

Poor little baby! I hope that he will be well very soon.

Melissa said...

I'm sorry about Xander! I hope he's better soon...
Let's see... things I will not do... hmm...
I will not...
...drive while painting my toe nails.
...eat healthy all the time (what fun is that?)
... quit buying books (even though my budget suggests that I should)
... cut Baby Girl's hair EVER AGAIN!
This was fun... I may have to do it on my blog!!

Jodi said...

Woo-hoo you did it too! I am so glad! I should have added I will not sing a solo too! If I did the congregation would get up and leave!

I will keep your little Xander in my prayers! I know how hard that is to take as a parent -not a grandparent, but a parent. I am sure it isn't any easier as a grandparent though either.

Tori :) said...

I'm NOT getting pregnant. I refuse.

Lei said...

You are so cute, and very modest! Darling list. I would feel much better if I made one of my own, too!

Ashley said...

Oh so sad. I always think of my nephew hooked up to tubes. So sad when they are little and you can not comfort them.



I will not:

-have a baby this year.
-cry if I have to move again this year.
-be sad when I go home in two weeks.
-cry when my daughter goes to kindergarten. (yes I will!)
-gain weight, losing will just be a bonus!
-feel bad if I skip workouts and indulge with the occasion yummy dessert.
-cry when I turn 30 this summer.

I wish I could say I would not cry at all this year. But it is so cleansing, you know!?!

chellie said...

I will not stop reading your blog! :) You have some great things you will NOT do! Love it!

Poor baby Xander. Keep us updated.

sweetpea said...

I love your backwards resolution idea--so fun!!

I'm sorry about baby Xander--hope he feels better soon.

Natalie said...

So sorry about baby Xander. It's awful for babies to be in the hosp. I will say a prayer for him. Please keep my A in your prayers. She is having surgery today. :(
I love your list. I'm making it mine too except there is no gym here for me so I'll have to skip that one.:)

Suzanne said...

This list makes me smile! I will not be wearing a bikini this year either! ;D

I hope Xander gets better soon! It's so hard to see such little ones in the hospital! :(

annie said...

I will not:
eat fruit.
stop going to church.
stop blogging.
cook liver.
speak the words, "i'm pregnant."

Praying for Xander.