Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 14--Ten Things I Love: Letter "K"

Only a few more days to go, I bet you are relieved. I can't tell you how focusing on the things I love is helping me--of course, the sunshine is helping, too. I figured the letter "K" was going to be tough, but I had to give it a try. So here are my Ten Things I Love:





1) Kisses--I love Hershey's kisses--I can't stop at one. But my favorite kiss by far are the kisses that come from my hubby--I don't like to stop at one of those either.

2) Kittens--I'm sure I'll get lots of flack for this, kittens are great I love them, but I'm not a cat fan. I always think of that line from "Adventure's in Babysitting" -- "he doesn't want to help, he just wants to scratch our face off".

3) Kitchen--I love my kitchen. Actually, I love kitchens in general. So much of what we do revolves around food and there are so many great things that take place in the kitchen. We have had some of our best conversations gathered around the dinner table. My kitchen is nice and bright and I love spending time there.




4) Kyle--I love this kid. It was so fun being at his band festival concert last night (where he played several instruments (no, not at the same time--he's good but not that good ; ). He played the xylophone, bells, a customized snare drum, and the gong. I was laughing with one of the other moms about how funny it would be if he forgot what instrument he was supposed to play next. He loves music--he plays piano, guitar and drums. (He rented a set of drums for the month of February--can't say I will be sad when it is March 1st) He amazes me when he plays the piano--it seems so easy. He tries so hard to help me when I'm struggling to learn a new piece. Sometimes I feel sorry for him being alone with us, with no siblings around. At the same time, sometimes I think he enjoys having ALL THE ATTENTION. He has a part-time job as a dishwasher at a local restaurant and is very organized--especially with his money. He is a great young man. I will miss him so much when he goes away to Idaho, but I know it will be a wonderful experience for him.

5) Ketchup--I love ketchup on so many foods. Ketchup makes so many things taste better. I prefer my fries with ketchup. And I love ketchup on my scrambled eggs, but I almost gagged when one of my Seminary students put ketchup on their french toast ; (((((((

6) Kiwi--I love kiwi (the fruit, not the bird) Now, I do not eat the skin. One of Kyle's friends does and I almost gag every time I watch him, but I guess it is very good for you. I'm participating in a challenge right now. I have to eat 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I love fruits and vegetables, but it's hard to find space on my meal plan for that many servings--actually, it's that hard for me to eat that many in a day.




7) Kiah--My beautiful granddaughter, Kiah, was born when I was 4 months pregnant with Kyle and in the hospital due to dehydration. She looks a lot like her dad, and since he is my clone, she looks like her grandma, too. One of our favorite stories with Kiah has to do with Allan. When Stephen and Daphne and their family was living with us for a few months before we moved here to Winnipeg, Allan had gone to the school to pick her up from kindergarten. She did not want to leave and, in fact, was hanging on to the fence. He finally pried her fingers off the fence and put her in his car. When he walked around to his side to get in, she pushed down the automatic locks and HE WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!! Kiah still laughs about it today. She is currently working and in college. She is a beauty, and I love when I get a chance to spend time with her.






























8) Kangaroos/Koalas--I think they are so cool. But then again, marsupials in general are cool. Isn't it neat to stop and think about all the different species of animals. Oh, I'm getting off track. When we went on our So Pacific cruise we saw kangaroos and koalas at a zoo in Australia and I was so impressed.

9) Knowledge--I love trying to gain more knowledge. Today there are so many different things we can do to learn and increase our knowledge--and so much to learn. I don't want to be left behind as the world changes--I want to grow with it. It's such an exciting time to be alive.

10 Kites--Maybe another one of those "LOVED" things. I used to have a ball flying kites. I'm a plain old regular kite person--we used to make our own and had fun. Of course, one of my favorite memories when I was pregnant with Stephen involved flying a kite and having to climb a fence to help one of my niece's. (I was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time--would never have been able to do that at 8 1/2 months pregnant with Kyle--come on, I was 40!!!)

Sidenote: If you wanted to see some amazing snow sculptures, go to sheri's blog. Her husband is very talented.

15 comments:

Ashley said...

I love those things too! We got a kitten for our daughter and know three months later I am regretting it. I guess now it is a cat. We are all covered in scratches.

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

My uncle Paul flew kites professionally for awhile. I love kites.

Thanks for the heads-up on the snow sculptures... I will go check em out.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Heffalump said...

I'm enjoying reading your lists! It makes me think about the things I appreciate and gives me more gratitude. Thanks!

JustRandi said...

Ok, that is the cutest Koala ever!

glittersmama said...

I am so with you on number one. Number two also. But definitely yes to number one.

Natalie said...

Once again I love so many things that you listed. I love knowledge and especially appreciate DH's. I used to make kites with my kids many a March. We had lots of kitties and I love them. I even like cats although now one of our sons is allergic, so we can't have one. Kiwis, kitchen, kisses--oh yes. We got a stuffed Koala from Aust. for a wedding gift and we had him in our room for years and years. I always loved him and how soft her was. I think your lists are thought provoking and love them.

txmommy said...

"k" is a hard letter.

Kites are fun, but I don't know if I love them.
Beloved loves karate

aurora said...

I am with you on kisses from hubbies and kangaroos and koalas!!
Thanks for your appreciation lists. I should do that... (do i say that everytime?-- yes!)

Valerie said...

Ketchup on French Toast? That sound horrible!! But then again Inigo puts ketchup on everything I serve. (He thinks he's so clever.) I've been buying so much, I had to buy stock in Heinz. :D
Kyle is going to school in Idaho? Perhaps in my town? (At least he's used to cold winters!) If you/he needs ANYTHING, please let me know. Seriously.

Suzanne said...

Yvonne, this is such a cute idea! How fun to see the things you love. My hubby eats the skin on kiwi too! Eww!!! It's just too furry! :)

Nancy Face said...

Great list of "K" things! :)

I will only eat steak if it's smothered in ketchup. Many people find this very offensive, but I DON'T CARE! ;)

Yvonne said...

ashley: I'm sorry about all the scratches. Good luck.

sheila: Kites are great.

I hope you checked out the snow sculptures.

heffalump: Thank you--they sure are helping me look around and realize how much I love.

justrandi: Isn't it cute.

glittersmama: I figured I wouldn't be alone on that one.

natalie: Thank you so much--that means a lot.
We must think a lot alike.

txmommy: Yes k was a hard letter.

None of my children have taken karate.

aurora: Thanks. I hope you do it, then it will continue to remind me how many things I love. I really need to do a better job of focusing on the positive. right now.

valerie: Isn't it funny how we always think ketchup makes everything tastes better ; )

Thank you so much for the offer. I'll have to send you a note if I can find your e-mail address ; )

suzanne: Yeah, that's how I feel about kiwi, too. I really thought this young man was crazy eating the skin but then I googled it--and it is good for you (but not good for me ; )

Yvonne said...

nancyface: I must have been typing while you were commenting--sorry.

Thanks.

When I eat, I eat the way I WANT TO EAT--glad I'm not alone. It's my food and I can eat it the way I like it ; )

annie said...

You like ketchup too?

I heart your lists!

chellie said...

Kyle is SO great!

Kiah is beautiful... and yes, she looks like you... LUCKY girl!

We're pretty passionate about Koalas and Kangaroos around here too. :) Love them!