Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 15--Ten Things I Love--Letter E

This is probably getting pretty boring for you, but I want you to know that it is helping me stay somewhat positive. I try very hard, but I know it's even getting hard for my husband to be unemployed. As I focus on the things that I love, it puts me in a better frame of mind. Thanks for reading and commenting.

I've been giving this a lot of thought because I decided today to try and tackle a difficult letter--E. I finally came up with some. So here we go my Ten Things I Love:





1) Eating--I have to start here with my favorite. Let's face it I REALLY LOVE TO EAT!!!!



2) Exercise--Not that I love exercising, but I do love the results and how I feel after I have exercised. It's a great feeling of accomplishment. One of the things I love is when I'm alone at the gym and a song I really like comes on the CD Player and I can sing (not very loud mind you, but just loud enough). I really love when Bruce Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark" comes on and I really go to town ; ) We had a fireside for our upcoming trek and I immediately fixed my eyes on the page labelled "conditioning schedule". The next day when Kyle came in our room, he said, "Did you see that page with the list of what to do to get in shape". I told him I didn't know how I would ever do 30 sit ups. He started laughing because he said he and his friends looked at it and thought someone was kidding. Who couldn't do that??? Are you kidding--how about your old mom ; )


3) E-mail--I prefer handwritten letters and cards, but it's so nice to get e-mail and keep in touch with people. I don't know if anyone saw the Mormonad in the latest New Era. I thought it was fabulous. It had a young lady kneeling down and it said: "Send a Knee Mail" and the caption was "When you send an instant message to Heavenly Father, He is always there". I LOVED IT.


4) E.R.--I have been an E.R. fan since it began, and I will definitely miss it when it goes off the air this year. It has been kind of fun to watch them bring back former cast members. I thought it was very clever the way they brought back Anthony Edwards. I am a fan of shows set in hospitals--I used to love Ben Casey, Dr. Kildare, Marcus Welby, Chicago Hope, Trapper John and for years was a huge General Hospital fan.

5) Extreme Makeover Home Edition--I'm not a huge Ty fan, but I love the show. Someone pointed out to me recently if he wasn't so loud, we'd probably all be bawling our eyes out through the whole show. At least we have time between tears.



6) Evan--My grandson, Evan, is such a kind-hearted, sweet young man. When he was young we got to see him a couple of times every year and it was so fun whenever he was around. He was very entertaining. He would make the most adorable faces. He has the cutest little southern accent. I love hearing him talk. I'm so looking forward to going to see him next week. It will be so fun to spend time with him and his wife and their new baby, Xander.

7) Eggs--I love ham, mushroom, and cheese omelettes as well as scrambled eggs with ketchup. I also enjoy soft boiled eggs on toast.

8) Entertainment--I love movies, shows, tv, music. I'm not much of a critic when I go to the movies--may be critical of other things, but if I go to the movies and come out feeling like I've been entertained, I'm happy. I've been disappointed by quite a few movies, but for the most part I only go to those that I feel will be worth my time and money.

9) Emotions--Isn't life fantastic because we are able to feel emotions. How awful would it be if we were just existing--I have to admit, I could do without some of those negative emotions I feel some times. At the same time, I'd rather deal with those than not have love, joy, happiness, excitement...... But, I don't really like it when as the BeeGees say, "it's just emotion that's taking me over".




10) Elf--I LOVE this movie. If I'm in need of a good laugh it's one I'll pop into my DVD player and it's not just because "I like to whisper, too", or because I stick to the same 4 basic food groups ; )


Wouldn't it be nice if I could have said I LOVE EVERYBODY. I hope one day I can say that, but I'm not there yet. Here's hoping.

How about you, can you think of something you love that begins with the letter "E"?





9 comments:

Romy said...

Your posts are NEVER boring! I love reading them...and I can sometimes hear your voice as I read!

I totally agree with your #1...a lot of times it seems as if eating's a competitive and recreational "sport" in my family!

As for something I love that begins with "E"...that's an easy one...I've been blessed with a wonderful mom...Emily! As a matter of fact, I have a large number of family members whose names begin with "E"!

Keep the posts coming! :)

Heffalump said...

Hmmmm...I love Enchiladas, My Grandpa Ed, ears of corn, ears to hear with, elephant ears (the kind you eat), eyes (to look into and to see with), and many of the things on your list, especially #1 and #10!

Tonya said...

What's boring about listing the things you love. It helps me remember all the things I love.

I love Elf too. It's becoming one of my "must see" Christmas movies.

I've always love hospital shows as well.

Klin said...

I really look forward to this segment of yours.

Today it is especially nice. I read the haters comments on my not devout post. Frustrated me when someone said they knew me and then criticized. Those who really know me have said other wise. I let it get to me.

Thank you for cheering me up. I will miss E.R., too. I like it.

txmommy said...

I like elephants, they are so cute and funny.

Also eclairs and eggo waffles (cuz they are so quick when we are running behind)

and of course my boy "E" :)

Yvonne said...

romy: Oh, thanks. Hey, it was good to see you tonight.

I think eating at our kitchen table is a race--allan and kyle each comment on how fast the other one eats ; )

I should have thought of your mom--one of my favorite people.

heffalump: I love Enchiladas, too. I wish my ears to hear were better--think I miss a lot because I don't hear as well as I used to.

tonya: Thanks.

I'm glad you like Elf, too.

klin: I read my hubby your post and he thought it was funny, too. I'm glad I was able to cheer you up.

txmommy: Yum, yum on the eclairs--I love them, too. And we eat eggo waffles around here, too.

Nancy Face said...

EATING...my favorite thing to do! :)

EXERCISE...I have a love/hate relationship with that!

I like elephants! :)

annie said...

Eating would come before exercise on my e list too :)!

chellie said...

I love your lists! E is a hard one! I do love email... it's so fast and convenient, but getting mail is always nice too.