Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 16--Ten Things I Love--Letter J

Thanks to those of you who are still reading and commenting--it means a lot to me. I haven't had a 5 comment post in a long time. I appreciate you for taking the time to read and comment.

Had a great dinner out with friends--dinner and a movie. We went to see Taken--enjoyed it very much.

I had a little bit of a tough time with "J', but here are my Ten Things I Love:

1) Jesus--Obviously, number 1 would have to be Jesus. I'm so grateful for Him. Grateful that I get to bear my testimony of my love and gratitude for Him on a regular basis. I LOVED our study of the four Gospels at the start of this Seminary year.





2) Jack--I told you when I did the Ten Thing I Love--Letter "T" that when I got to "J", Jack would be here. Frankly, I'd like to think there is a Jack out there somewhere. I saw a t-shirt that said something like, "if you wkoe up this morning it's because Jack Bauer saved your life". (I don't think it's copyrighted, but I don't want to take any chances)

3) Jackets--This time of year I'm grateful that I have a jacket to put on whenever I go outside.

4) Jacuzzi tub--I love my tub. There is nothing like a good soak when my bones ache or when I just need to relax. Sometimes I turn on the jets after I've used lots of soap and then I get lots of bubbles ; )





5) Jason--I have enjoyed watching this grandson grow up so much--although some times I wish he was still a little boy. When he was little he had this blonde, blonde straight hair (don't know when it went curly), but I'd have to say his dad had pretty straight hair when he was little, too. Because I am such a sports fanatic, I have watched him participate in sports. I had a ball going to his football games (but then again I love HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL) He is a great older brother. He is currently going to working and going to college.




6) Josh--Josh is another fantastic grandson. Like his brother, Evan, he has a southern accent, but I don't notice his as much as Evan's. He is a big, strong guy, but it was so fun watching him this past summer with his great-grandma. He was so sweet to her. He loves sports and is quite athletic. I'm looking forward to seeing him next week. He graduated last year and I know he is working hard to get into the university his girlfriend attends.

7) Jewelry--I love jewelry. I am not a yellow gold person. Most of the time I am lazy and forget about putting on earrings or wear the same pair, but there is something about putting on jewelry that just makes me feel more "dressed up".




8) Jelly Beans or Jelly Bellies--I LOVE either. One of the biggest challenges I have is once i start eating them I CAN'T STOP. (That seems to be a problem I have with most foods.

9) June--I love June because it means school is out and summer is here. Warm weather and vacations are always great.

10) Journals--I love going back and reading my journals. I wish I had my diaries from when I was younger (I really don't know what happened to them. So many memories. The best part of having journals is they help me REMEMBER whether it be the good times or even the bad. I think as I read about the bad and realize I got through it and whatever it is that I was supposed to learn AND HOPEFULLY DID LEARN. (I can't wait to read about all of this when it's finally behind us ; )


Sidenote
: Working hard at doing my cards--even cleaned out my nightstand and my dresser drawers today. Washed a few windows. Feels good.

Trying to be healthier so I'm attempting to eat more fruits and vegetables. When I was eating one of those little cherry tomatoes, I did a silly thing. Bit into it with my mouth open and it squirted onto the door post. I was pretty glad I wasn't standing there talking to Allan. Speaking of Allan, here's a shot of him when he got back from his 5:00 a.m. walk on Monday.






12 comments:

glittersmama said...

I love that Jack is number two.

And now you've got me craving sour jelly bellies. Love them!

Neal said...

I loved touring the Jelly Belly factory, near Sacramento. Free samples!!!

Valerie said...

My goodness!! The frost on Allan's coat is amazing. For once, I think we're actually warmer here than you are!!
I'm impressed you could think of 10 things that start with the letter J.

Nancy Face said...

Of course, number one is wonderful.

Then there's jewelry...completely unimportant, but so much fun! I sure like that stuff! :)

That's a great picture of Allan! :D

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

I have had a crush on Jack aka: Kiefer Sutherland... since... forever.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

ps. re: journals, i have always written in one maybe not faithfully. then i wonder, is anyone even going to want to read it one day?

Amber said...

I LOVE that you are doing this. And my husband would LOVE to love a Jacuzzi at our house as well. For me, I'm happy with my jelly bellies!

Sheri said...

I love jewelery too.. I never have any, but I love it!! I have borrowed some from ,y sister recently and I love how it makes me feel!! I also love June and am looking forward to it!!

JustRandi said...

Oh, Allen! He's even more comitted than I am. I don't think I'd go if it were THAT cold!!

annie said...

I love June too... mom and matt's bdays and our anniversary!

Great j's!

Klin said...

Fun. I love your number one, too.

I also like June and journals. I read my journal from my freshman year as my kids were becoming teens. It was a great help for me to see how they were feeling.

Heffalump said...

Ooooh, another great list! I am sorry I am behind on commenting. I was cleaning and on Facebook all day yesterday and didn't get any blogs read!

chellie said...

Jesus and Jack - great #1 and #2. :)

I love that picture of Allan... He looks cold.