Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 19--Ten Things I Love: Letter "N"

Today is a very special day for a very dear friend, and so I had to post my Ten Things I Love that begin with the letter "N" in honor of her. Mrs. Nancyface has a birthday today, but because this post also includes two of my children I cannot post her as #1. I know SHE WILL UNDERSTAND. Happy Birthday, nancyface. You know I love you and still wish that we could be next-door neighbors.


Now for my Ten Things I Love.




1) Nancy--This girl was one of my young women before she ever became my step-daughter. She was such a talented, fun loving girl. Believe me she made Young Women classes and activities very lively ; ) When Heidi was born she was such a little mother to her. She and Heidi had so much fun together. She was so patient with her and Heidi loved her big sister so much. She is the mother of two young men and the grandmother of my little Xander. It will be fun to see her this weekend.





2) Neal--Technically Neal may be my step-son, but it sure has never felt that way to me. He is such a caring guy and tries so hard to make everyone happy. He is a tecnological wizard. He is very patient when I call him and ask "stupid" questions. Just recently we had problems installing a new router and he was able to "take control" of my computer from his computer (he lives in Massachusetts) and fix the problem. He is a world traveler. He has a blog that I love reading. One day I would love to be able to go to the Japan or China with him. He knows that part of the world so well. He is a fantastic husband and dad to 3 great kids.






3) Nancyface--She is such a wonderful lady who I had the privilege of meeting last April. (And let me just say she is as beautiful in person as in her photographs). She is such a positive person--which is one of the things I truly love about her. I don't think I've visited her blog and ever had her sound like she is the least bit down in the dumps--frankly, I would love to know how she does it. She has a fantastic family who obviously adore her (and with good reason) I am so glad I can call her my friend. If you haven't stopped by her blog to wish her a happy birthday, please do so.

4) New York--I had always wanted to go to New York and was so excited when we finally went in 2003. I don't know what it is I love about it, but it is such a great place to visit. I don't think I'd ever want to live there--I definitely know I DON'T WANT TO DRIVE THERE!!! My dream is to one day go to New York (with a credit card with no limit--and that we don't have to pay) with all my daughters/daughters-in-law. We'd have a blast!!!!!! Macy would take us to all the great Broadway shows; Wendy and Daphne would find the best places to shop, Heidi would want to find the places for heatlhy food, and Nancy would be helping us all have a good time.

5) Nuts--I love all kinds of nuts. For years my mother-in-law used to send us pecan roll for Christmas--yum, was it ever good. I love the combination of carmels and nuts. I love smoked almonds. I love almonds in salads. I love nuts in brownies.

6) Numbers--I love Math. I love anything that has to do with numbers. At one time I worked in the Planning Department in a hospital and I loved working with statistics. I think it is fascinating to try and project things based on





7) Nativity sets--I have been collecting nativity sets for quite awhile. I love them. I try to find them when we are traveling to different parts of the world.

8) Nursing--I loved nursing my children. I always kidded about how I am lazy and hated sterilizing bottles and this was so much easier, but I loved the whole experience.

9) Night--I love night because it means I get to go to sleep. No, really, I do love night. I love the stars and the moon.

10) Nachos--I really love Mexican food. Nachos are a real favorite of mine--especially when they are loaded with everything. I could probably have them every day, but thank goodness I don't.


Sidenote: We are off today to go to the temple. I sure hope the weather cooperates. It's supposed to snow today ; (




16 comments:

Corrine said...

am i really the first???

i loved nursing too! I cried when I weaned my first, and hid the fact that I was still nursing my last one from my husband cuz he thought he was too old...he's not even two yet :)

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

I hope the weather cooperates.
We want you to stay safe.

[N]ice [N] things...
Nancy x2.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

JustRandi said...

I'm so jealous of your love of numbers. Numbers and I are just not friends.
Now, nuts and I, we are close buddies.

PJ said...

Nachos make me hungry.

Have a great trip today:)

Heffalump said...

My kids were just moping today that the school doesn't have nachos at lunch very often anymore. I told them we can have a nacho party for dinner sometime soon!
Is it sad that I don't have a nativity set yet? I keep meaning to get one. I think this year I will get a little people one for Baby B.

Klin said...

I collect Nativity sets, too. For a few years my mom and I had a contest. She has more money and no small children. She won :D

Neal said...

About numbers - I remember how much you mastered sports statistics. Particularly Stephen's little league scoring (?).

Valerie said...

"N" I'm learning to like nuts and try to eat almonds every day.

I love my nativity sets! I'm finally getting to the point that I have more of those than any other Christmas decoration.

I will miss these daily posts!

Natalie said...

I loved nursing too and also love nachos, nativities and most nuts. I don't know Nancyface, but i love her blog and I know I would love her if I met her. Now numbers, that's another story. I do not like(hate) math and I even have a daughter who majored in math at university.
Hope you have a wonderful day at the temple.

txmommy said...

the thing I miss most about "baby days" is the nursing. It is such a sweet time.

I also love night, because I love to sleep. I love the brightness of a new day but nothing beats sinking into a comfy pillow, in the dark and listening to the quiet of the night.

Nancy Face said...

Thank you SOOO MUCH for including me, and on my birthday, too! You're the sweetest! :D

Nancy Face said...

I love that picture of YOUR Nancy! So cute! :)

I love nuts, too! I like almost EVERYTHING better with nuts in or on it! But not root beer floats, tee hee! Would you believe I don't really like ice cream or chocolate if they are plain, but if they are full of nuts I can't stop eating them to save my life? True story! :)

Nancy Face said...

I like numbers, too! Math was one of my favorite subjects in school! :)

Suzanne said...

Good luck getting to the temple! Hmm...nachos! :D

Thanks so much for sending me a birthday card! It was so sweet of you to think of me! :)

Yvonne said...

corrine: It is a wonderful experience, isn't it.

sheila: The drive out was horrible, the drive home not so bad. Thanks.

justrandi: I've always had a thing for numbers.

pj: I would love to go have a plate of nachos right now.

Trip was great.

heffalump: A nacho party sounds great.

I don't have the little Fisher Price nativity set, but it is so cute.

klin: I knew you mentioned you collected nativity sets, too. Where do you and your mom display them???

neal: Hope you felt loved.

valerie: I hear almonds are very good for you. Sometimes I eat too many--kind of a problem I have with most foods.

I think Nativity sets are a great Christmas decoration.

Thank you.

natalie: The temple was great, thank you.

You would love nancyface for sure.

txmommy: So right about nursing.

I like night for many of those same reasons.

nancyface: I saved my "N" post so I could do it on your birthday.

It doesn't stop me from eating chocolate if it doesn't have nuts--wish it did.

Math was one of my favorites in school, too.

Hope you had a GREAT BIRTHDAY.

suzanne: I'm glad you got the card--sorry it was late.

Temple was great.

Lauren said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mama Face!

I love Nancy Face too!
And November
And Nachos!
And I can't wait to go to New York someday!