Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 2--Ten Things I Love: Letter G

So let's move on to the letter G:





1) Glasses--I still remember when a friend told me that when I hit 40 the eyes were the first thing to go. I thought, "Oh, you poor thing. That will NEVER happen to me!!!" Ha, ha. Was I wrong!!!! I can't read a thing in the morning without my glasses.








2) Gloves--This time of year, I would be lost without my gloves. I can't stand getting in the car and touching a cold steering wheel.






3) Grandson Garrett--This little guy is so precious. He looks so much like his dad--it just makes me smile. I hate being so far away and just enjoy every opportunity we have to be together. I try very hard not to bug his parents too much--I always want to know everything he is doing. They are very good about sending pictures and posting pictures.



4) Gospel of Jesus Christ--I do not know where I would be without it. Actually, I am afraid I know where I'd be without it. I am so grateful for the friend who introduced me to the Gospel in 1973. I appreciate so much that she was not afraid to share with me something she knew would bless my life.






5) Gerbera Daisies--I love them. They are Heidi's favorite flower. I think they are so bright and cheery.

6) Gameshows--I love watching people win money. I also like to play along. I'm a trivia buff.

7) Grapes--I love red and green grapes--as long as they are seedless. I have a favorite broccoli cauliflower salad that I make that is quite tasty.

8) Genealogy--I am not very good at it, but I love learning about my ancestors.






9) Great Grandson Xander--I cannot wait until we have the opportunity to meet him. I've written before about how much fun Nancy used to have with her little sister, Heidi. After seeing this picture, I can only say that I think Nancy is having A LOT OF FUN with her grandson, Xander. We have been working on trying to finalize our plans to fly out to visit them in the next month or so.

10. Google--I'm so grateful I can google things I want to learn about. It has been a great tool for me. I love learning and it is so wonderful to just search for something and read all about it.

21 comments:

JustRandi said...

Ooo! I love the G list! I am almost ready for glasses. Figuring that out has really been the pits. I think I'll probably be happier once I just break down and accept it.

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

These are all [G]reat [G] things.

I love daisies... all kinds.
These are beautiful!

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Heffalump said...

Xander looks cute, and the beard is hilarious.
Great list once again!

Millie said...

Yay, genealogy! And glasses! And the grandbabies! :)

glittersmama said...

I'm glad that Heff knew that was a beard on little Garrett. I was so confused. :)

Neal said...

My wife's favorite flower is ALSO the Gerber Daisy - that's why we had so many at our wedding reception ; )

chellie said...

I love gerbera daisies... my absolute favorite too... always have been!

Lauren said...

I love this idea! The G list was great!

Corrine said...

i love gerber daisies too! i think i spelled it wrong...

i too am grateful for the gospel.

Natalie said...

I can't believe I've been too busy to read your blog and come back to see that you have written 3 great posts.
I love your lists. I think I have many of the same things that I'm grateful for.
I was so touched by your wonderful adoption story. What great, unselfish, loving people. We should have more people like that in this world. I have always been interested in adoption and adoption stories. We have actually been so blessed to adopt 3times ourselves.
I think you are a really interesting writer. I'm glad noone else writes your posts. I love your writing style.
I'm sorry about no job yet. It's hard to be patient through a trial. My BFF's son just lost his job(he is a great young and a good worker) and she told him that this could be a blessing in disguise. Once that happened to her and she was forced to look for something better and found it. She was able to get a much better job and it greatly improved her life. So, hang in there. The Lord will bless you and your hubby.
I hope you have a great month of love because you yourself send out so much love.
Lots of Hugs!

Tonya said...

What did we ever do without google? You mean people actually had to flip pages to look things up? LOL

I too never thought I would need glasses and yet here I sit with a pair resting on my nose.

Ashley said...

I have needed glasses since second grade. I hope my eyes don't get much worse. Google is awesome. I have been thinking lately how research papers must be so much eaiser these days.

Valerie said...

I have always bragged that I don't need glasses. But I hit the big four oh six months ago and now I'm beginning to wonder. Actually, I think I'll need a hearing aid before I need glasses. Go figure.
I LOVE grapes and gerber daisies too!

Amber said...

Oh, this was so sweet! You look great in your glasses, BTW. I had them for years but had Lasik about seven years ago. Already, the old eyes are starting to fade again. Inevitable, I guess!

PJ said...

I need glasses:(

I like my Gloves.

Garrett is c.u.t.e!

The Gospel is an amazing part of my life.

Beautiful flowers, come on spring!

I watch Wheel of Fortune with my hubby and now oldest daughter:)

I have a good batch of Grapes in my fridge.

Genealogy...I need to improve. They be waiting.

What a great great-grandson!

Google, what was life without it?

Tori :) said...

G was a great list! My mom needed reading glasses, but just recently got LASIK. Perhaps Lasik could be on your "L" list in the future???

Yvonne said...

justrandi: I can't tell you how shocked I was that my eyes would deteriorate like that--I guess I should have listened all those years when I was warned about turning on the light when you read, etc.

sheila: Thanks.

heffalump: Believe me that nancy is one hilarious lady--she will provide lots of laughs (and lots of love) with Xander. Thanks.

millie: Thanks. I have to admit there have been a couple of things I have read in my genealogy that have made me quite sad--cause of death, etc.

glittersmama: I probably should have explained.

neal: I should have remembered that--could have used some of your photos for the daisies ; )

chellie: They are so bright and beautiful--how can you not smile when you see them.

lauren: The 6th will be things I love that start with the letter "L"--any guesses why ; )

corrine: My understanding is you can either write gerber or gerbera daisies--doesn't matter. And, then again, who cares if you spell it wrong--the spelling police ; )

I just can't express enough how grateful I am for the Gospel.

natalie: That is wonderful that you have adopted 3 times--I am not at all surprised. You truly are such a loving, caring person.

Thank you for your kind words. Allan is taking advantage of the time--quite often we say, "What would you do if you had a job?"

tonya: Much easier to type than flip pages, eh???

Quite often I put down my glasses and can't remember where ; )

ashley: Life is much better when I put my glasses on--oh, such an object lesson, eh (I guess that's just the Seminary teacher talking--always looking for that application ; )

You talk about research papers--I wonder how much easier it is for Professors to google phrases for plagiarism.

valerie: Believe me that hearing aid is next--I keep telling my kids at Seminary to speak up because I forgot to put batteries in my hearing aid ; )

amber: You are sweet. I don't think lasik would help me. I think I'll go for an eye lift ; )

pj: Thanks--you are so cute. I'm hoping Spring gets here REAL SOON. I love Wheel of Fortune.

tori: I've been told that Lasik is not an option for me--so maybe on that future "L" list will be a lift--an eye lift, that is ; )

Jodi said...

Oh G would be a hard one! But you seemed to find lots of things to fill the list. I love gerber daisies too! Cute grandbaby!

Nancy Face said...

This was so much fun to read! I like all the things on your list, and I LOVE four of them! ;)

aubrey said...

oh man, i love google so much. i should count how many times i google a day. now the they might be giants Go for G song is going through my head. you should google it. {seriously}

Go go go go for G
Go go go go for G
You'll feel glorius, generous, gleeful and great
When you go go go go for G!

Melissa said...

Loving the G list! Your grandkids are DARLING!! And Gerber Daisies are my favorite flower!!