Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 22--Ten Things I Love: Letter "Y"

My last day of listing the things I love which means I obviously will not do all the letters. (I'm going to try to do a wrap up of what I've learned tomorrow--however because that is when I fly to go see my little Xander that may not happen) Obviously you know I've selected "Y"--good guess, heffalump. (E-mail me your address and I will send you a surprise--and it won't start with the letter "Y". Let me explain "Y", I mean WHY, I chose "Y", besides the obvious answer--IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!

I knew I would never do Z--which in Canada you say "zed". I like to see Zebras when I go to the zoo, but I have no real reason to love them. Also, I have an uncle that I adore, but no other reason to try and think of ten things I love that start with "U". I do love quotes, quilts, and definitely quiet--but couldn't come up with ten "Q" things. And X--well, other than Xander,not a thing.

When your first name starts with the letter "Y" and people send you those little tags where you have to come up with different things that start with the first letter of your name--I hate my that it starts with a y. But I decided to give Y a try with this list. So here are my last Ten Things I Love:

1) Yvonne--I always think of the scripture--"Love thy neighbor as thyself", which tells me I need to love myself. I have worked very hard at it. There are still many things I need to work on, but I do love the person I am striving to become.

2) Youth--I love the youth of the Church. I marvel at the great people that they are. It is such a privilege for me to have the opportunity to spend time with them each morning. We have great discussions. I appreciate so much their honesty and their desire to understand.

3) Yearbooks--I love having my old yearbooks. I didn't carry a camera when I was in high school, so I am grateful for the memories that are triggered as I look through my old yearbooks. I also love looking at Allan's old yearbook.

4) Yosemite--I have great memories of going to Yosemite. Such a great place. There was a family in CV years ago that Stephen and I used to go to Yosemite with--Janice, if you read today's post, do you remember all those trips??? Such great times. One day I'll have to post about my scary hitchhiking in Yosemite story--BOY WAS I DUMB!!!!

5) Yarn--I know when I get old (or should I say older) I will be spending many hours sitting in the rocker with my yarn and my crochet hook crocheting away. I do wish I was better at following patterns. I love being able to create something. Have you seen the youtube clip of Elder Uchtdorf's talk dealing with our desire to create? Thanks liam's mom for posting the link. You can find it here on liam's mom's blog.

6) Yachts--Not that I've ever been on a yacht, but I marvel when I see them all docked. When we were in Cabo a year ago I couldn't believe the size of some of them. What do people that own yachts do for a living???????

7) Yogurt--I never thought I would love yogurt, but I have really grown to love it. I have to say I am not a fan of plain yogurt but I do love the fruit yogurt. My favorite is coconut/pineapple/banana yogurt.

8) Yards--We live in a beautiful neighborhood and in the Spring when everyone is out working on their yards I LOVE to see the great job they do with their landscaping. Some people are so creative and I am amazed.

9) Young Women's Camp--I love going to Young Women's Camp. I have not gone for a few years. The problem is our camp is always the first week of July--which means it's always around the 4th of July. We have had a few family gatherings around that same time. This year we will have Trek instead, so no Young Women's Camp. It has been a great experience for me--in spite of some bruises (from canoeing) and then one year I got bit by something near my eye had looked like I had been hit in the eye. Still I'd go back in a heartbeat!!!!

10) You--If YOU think I'm talking about YOU I probably am ; ) When I first joined the Church, I was bothered when people would stand up and say, "I love you all". I'd think how can they say they love me, they don't even know me. Then I realized what they love is that we were all striving for the same thing. That's the way I feel about those of you whose blogs I read and who read my blog. We're all trying to raise families and help each other and be there for one another. That's what I love about you. I love to read what you write, and I try to leave a comment that will let you know I think  you are doing a good job or to thank you for making me smile or for sharing yourself, or to give you a cyber hug if you're having a bad day. I love when I receive the same things from you. So thank you, and I DO LOVE YOU.





15 comments:

Neal said...

Great post. I don't think I've ever seen Dad's yearbook...hmmm. Have a safe trip!

Nancy Face said...

I love Yvonne! I also love the Youth! And pretty Yards! And Young Women Camp! :)

I always loved reading about the yawning yellow yak in Dr. Suess' ABC! :D

Natalie said...

I Love You too. I think you are a great example to many.

Amber said...

I love Yvonne, too! I love your positive attitude and how you strive to make others feel so valued and appreciated.

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

YOU are the best of the [Y] things.

I thought about [Y]...
but oh no I had to choose the dreaded zed[Z].

In honor of the day you should play a game of [Y]ahtzee.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Romy said...

You are such a wonderful example to me! I hope you know that! Thanks for sharing all of the things you love in your life! It has helped me to recognize more of my own blessings!

I love you too! Have a safe and happy trip!

P.S. I'll keep what you said about YW's Camp in mind for next year! :)

Klin said...

Hey I love all those things, too.

And when I say I love you all I mean that I really do love all of God's children regardless of what they do.

I'm so glad I am not the only "crazy" one who loves youth. They are amazing and keep me young.

I love Nancy's comment about the yawning yellow yak, too.

JustRandi said...

I love Yvonne, too! I have loved getting to know you and having your influence in my life! It means a lot to me, Yvonne!

Suzanne said...

I love you too, Yvonne!!! :)

Sheri said...

I am so with you on #8 and #9... but most of all #1! I love and appreciate you! I have learned so much from you and I've never even met you! Thank You!

Heffalump said...

I KNEW it would be Y! Yipee!
I think you are awesome. Thank you for being you, and for blogging!

Amanda said...

My favorite is Yvonne! I love Yvonne! Great list of "Y" things! :)

Have a great time seeing Xander. :)

Yvonne said...

Neal: Next time you visit, you'll have to look at his.

nancyface: I love you, too, nancyface. You are such a great friend. I love the Dr. Seuss ABC book ; )

natalie: Thank you--I love you, too.

amber: Thanks so much, amber. I love you, too.

sheila: I can't believe I forgot Yahtzee--I LOVE YAHTZEE. One of my favorite games to play with my kids.

romy: The trip was great.

I love you, romy. You talk about example--you are one of the best.

Keep that in mind next year.

klin: You are such a great person.

Maybe that's why love being around the youth--they keep me young.

justrandi: Oh, thank you so much. You know I love you, randi.

suzanne: Thanks, suzanne. Love you, too.

sheri: Glad I'm not alone on yards and yw camp. I hope you enjoy camp this year.

One day we'll meet. Thank you for being so kind. I love you, too, sheri

heffalump: You are so smart. I will get a package off to you this week. You are great heff. I love you and appreciate you.

amanda: Thanks--you are sweet. I love you, too, amanda.

We had a great visit.

aubrey said...

i love yvonne!

i had a roommate in college who was also a convert who always got annoyed when people said "i love you all." but when you feel the spirit or feel love for those around you, i totally agree with it. thanks for your sweet Y list and all your lists!

mindyluwho said...

I love that your name starts with Y. It's very unique! And I love Young Women's camp too. I had to beg them to let me go last year. They finally said yes and then put me in the kitchen, but I still loved it! And even though I haven't met you, I know how you feel regarding the bloggy people you "meet". I love reading about all my bloggy friends lives. And even when I get busy and don't have time to get around to them as often as I'd like, I still find myself thinking of them! So...I love you too Yvonne!