Friday, February 6, 2009

Day 4--Ten Things I Love: Letter "L"

I have tried to be consistent in posting my "Ten Things I Love" posts in the afternoon, but TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY, so I need to post this early. Let me begin:





1) Lauren--Today is my little, lovely, lively, laundry-loving, long-legged Lauren's birthday. Be sure and stop by her blog and leave her birthday greetings. (Don't decide that she already has enough commenters--I know she'd love to hear from you, too. I have had the privilege of meeting her and she is as lovely as she is hysterical. If you haven't read her blog before, after you leave her a message, scroll down to the tutorial of her making lime enchilada's. You WILL NOT be disappointed.






2) Love--I love being in love, AND AFTER 27 years I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH THIS GUY. He still makes my heart go pitter-patter. He is a great man and I am a lucky woman. I love my family, too. Quite often I wonder why I'm so blessed.


3) Learning--When I was young (and foolish--I'll use that term in honor of Lauren (it's one of her favorite terms), I used to think when I was older I would know everything--HA, HA, HA. The older i get the more I realize HOW ABSOLUTELY LITTLE I KNOW. I can't seem to learn fast enough and it's a whole lot harder to remember. I think that's why I love blogging--I learn so much from all of you.




4) Les Miserables--I have had the opportunity to see this production in L.A. and in Toronto. I would have to say it is one of my favorite productions. I love the music and the story. I don't think I would ever tire of seeing it.





5) Lists--I love making lists, and more than that I love checking things off the list.






6) Lilacs--Every Spring when the Lilacs are in bloom, I just love seeing them and especially smelling them. We moved here to Winnipeg 13 years ago TODAY and every year I say I'm going to plant tulips and lilacs--so far I don't have either ; )




7) Laughter--I love laughing. I think laughter truly is the best medicine. It's funny though because most of the TV shows I watch are dramas. I really need to find more comedies, the problem is so many of them are a little offensive. Now, I don't think of myself as a prude, but some things are just not appropriate, and I find a little offensive.

8) Lost--I must admit I have been pretty Lost this season, but I am looking forward to when it all comes together and I really understand it. I LOVE SAWYER--I can't decide if I'm really a bad girl at heart, or what ; ) I wonder what nickname he'd give me--probably "Granny".





9) Lakes--I used to love to water-ski--haven't done it for years. Such a great memory for me. For that reason I love lakes--I love camping by lakes, visiting lakes, sitting by lakes. They are just peaceful. The only problem with lakes here--they have leeches, so I don't enjoy swimming in them ; ((((((

10: Letters--I love receiving letters--I was going to say mail, but then realized that would include bills, but then again, I guess collection letters or letters from the I.R.S. wouldn't be fun either. I think I thought of this in honor of our February challenge. Rather than write one letter a week, I have decided to write one every day, that way I'll be able to write to all of our children/grandchildren, etc. (I mean how could I pick just 4 people to write to--THE FOUR I LOVE BEST--SURE!!!!!

22 comments:

Millie said...

FIRST!!! I love all those things too. Well, I mean, I love loving MY husband. I know yours is very nice. ;)

Lauren is awesome - can't wait to meet her!

Lauren said...

Aww, thanks Yvonne! You are so sweet! I love you too! :)

I love LOST as well. Except I am in love with Jack. I wish Kate was with Jack :(

aurora said...

Yeah, I love LOST!!! A little confusing at the moment, though...
I definitely love Sawyer. I think that I have an inner BadGirl... lol! I have often wondered what my nickname would be, too. Hmmm... sounds like a great idea for a blog post.

Valerie said...

I think I'm just going to link to your blog every day because we love so many of the same things. I absolutely ADORE Les Miserables -- the book and the musical. I saw it a couple times in Portland and once on Broadway!! Listening to the sountrack is one of the best ways to make it through a long drive.
And I love Lost too. I'm still a couple episodes behind this season but will catch up when hubby gets home this weekend. And Sawyer, he's my main guy as well. I used to like Sayid, but his long girly fingernails were too much. And let's not forget Desmond. *heavy sigh*

Heffalump said...

I already stopped by Lauren's blog. She sure is a sweetie!
I love everything on your list (like Millie, I love MY husband) except I have never seen Lost, and Lilacs make me sneeze, although they do smell lovely.

Holly said...

Terrific post! I love lilacs. I've seen Les Mis 4 times. I'm in love with my husband. I make lots of lists. I've never watched Lost though...

sweetpea said...

Great list!! I love Lost too--but always wish it wouldn't leave me with more questions than when I started! Lakes, letters, love--all wonderful things!

Sheri said...

I love your lists!! I am also a Sawyer fan - I don't want to think about what nick name I would have!!

Natalie said...

I too love your lists. I love Les Mis. too, but have never watched Lost. Of course for now I don't have a TV nor do I have time to watch any TV. I relate to so many of the things you write about. I can't believe you're going to write a letter a day. That is awesome. Have a great day.

Nancy Face said...

You're so sweet to give Lauren a birthday shout out! :D

Nancy Face said...

Les Miserables is my favorite musical production of all time. I've seen it several times, and I always want to go back! It's coming here in March, YAY! We bought Lauren a ticket for a birthday gift (she and Ted paid for his ticket) and we scored SECOND ROW! I'm so excited! :D

Nancy Face said...

I love ALL TEN things on your list! (Although I must admit that I enjoyed Lost more in the earlier seasons!)

Klin said...

I like this series you are doing. It's awesome.

L=Lauren. Sweet.

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

I love to laugh!

Letter writing is my favorite pass time andhardly anyone writes anymore.

Learning is the best!! If I don't know something... I will research it.

I am commenting to you from Logan, UT. Visiting my Yvette @ USU. Heading to the bookstore ASAP.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Romy said...

Les Miserables is my FAVORITE! I remember I wept when I first listened to the soundtrack - and didn't really know beforehand what the story was about - the music is SO powerful! I was elated to get 4th row seats when a production came to town! And Valerie is absolutely right - singing along with the soundtrack is one of the best ways to pass the time on long car trips!

As for #9 - the first time I saw Lake Louise it took my breath away!

P.S. Being new to the blogging world, I sometimes struggle to find things to write about. This "Ten Things I Love" is a great idea! And seeing as how I started my blog as a way to help me see more of the joys in my life, I just might start making lists of things I love too! :) Thanks!

chellie said...

You are doing so great coming up with all of these wonderful items to love!
I love to do lists too. They are wonderful.
I don't watch much of Lost, but I do love Sawyer!

PJ said...

I can almost smell those lilacs!

Sawyer is the best. I love his nicknames and one-liners;)

aubrey said...

i love making lists too, but most importantly..crossing things OFF my list. so i'm right with you on that one. and i would love to see les miserables one day. i've seen phantom of the opera a few times but les mis is one i would love to see. that or spiderman the musical. ...just kidding.

Yvonne said...

millie: I'm glad you were talking about YOUR husband ; )

Lauren is great and you will love her.

lauren: I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Jack and Kate.

aurora: Yes, it is VERY confusing. When you post about a possible nickname, I'll have to see what you write.

valerie: I'm glad you love many of the same things I do--that's fun. Music is really wonderful.

My hubby doesn't watch Lost, so I just watch it alone and have to try and figure it out by myself.

heffalump: Love is great, eh ; )

I must say, I'd be lost without TV.

holly: Another list person--lists are great.

Les Mis is the best.

sweetpea: I think the title of the show is great for many reasons ; )

sheri: Oh, come on, it's kind of fun to think of what he might call you, isn't it ; )

natalie: I know I love TV, but one day when we're on our mission don't think I'll miss it one little bit. Like you, there will be PLENTY to keep me busy.

nancyface: I hope Lauren had a wonderful birthday weekend.

You lucky bum--getting to see Les Miserables. I can't wait to read all about it. Has Lauren seen it before????

I think there have been a couple of episodes this season that have been VERY GOOD and I think when it starts to clear up a little it will be better.

klin: Thanks. Yes, Lauren is a sweetie.

sheila: You are so right about the letter writing.
I hope you are having a great visit with Yvette. So fun.

romy: I love what you posted about music on your blog. I sing along with CD's when I'm on a road trip (but usually if I'm alone or the kids have earphones)

Lake Louise is breathtaking.

I'll watch for your lists ; )

chellie: Thanks. So many wonderful things to love.

pj: I can't wait until we have lilacs again.

Sawyer has a way of delivering those one-liners.

aubrey: It's all about that crossing things off, isn't it ; ) You would LOVE Les Miserables. I love Phantom, too, but Les Miserables is my favorite.

Melissa said...

Can I tell you how much I miss lilacs? It's too hot here in our desert for them... :(

Tori :) said...

Les Mes is one of my sister, Nicole's, favorites. It reminds me of her.

Corrine said...

i love water skiing too! i really miss warm weather and living near a lake.

haven't seen lost, but have seen where they filmed it.