Friday, March 27, 2009

2003 One Shining Moment

I posted this because I want you all to understand why I love College Basketball. If you watch CBS, you may hear the NCAA promo--"There are 400,000 NCAA student athletes and just about all of us will go pro in something other than sports". I LOVE IT!!!!

I have to admit watching the basketball games is just not as much fun when I'm watching them by myself ; ((((( If Louisville loses tonight, I'm done since I have them picked to win the whole thing. I continue to sit near the bottom of the family pool. One of my grandsons has only been wrong on 7 of 52 games. We won't talk about how many games I have picked wrong.

In other news, I was very glad we were able to hold Seminary this morning after the fiasco yesterday. We had a great deal of snow Wednesday night and when we got to the Church Thursday morning the street right in front of the Church was so full of snow I got stuck as I was trying to turn into the parking lot. Kyle had to push the car to get me out and we decided not to park in the lot but drove over to the convenient store across the street. We walked across and realize the door closest to us did not have a lock so I proceeded to walk around to the other side of the building while Kyle walked back to the car. Unfortunately, I stepped onto a lovely patch of ice and slipped. Luckily I did not use my wrists to break my fall but landed smack dab on my bum/hip--boy did it hurt. Kyle came and picked me up and we headed home.

Needless to say, I was very happy this morning that the snow plows had been out and the streets were much easier to drive on and the parking lot was clear. The big question is who was looking forward to Spring Break the most--STUDENTS OR TEACHER ; )

I have spent a couple of hours today REALLY wasting time. I have been trying to figure out how to organize my photos and this always causes me to spend too much time looking at them, remembering, and trying to figure out what I should do. I have decided I LOVE MY PICTURES. What great memories.

One of the other things I have done today is watched a pile of YouTube videos--the majority of them being old music videos. I remember when MTV first started and my older kids would watch it all the time. So today I watched Careless Whisper, Never Gonna Give You Up, Bette Davis Eyes, etc. But, my favorite had to be "We Are the World". Goodness, I guess we are all getting older, because EVERYONE SURE LOOKED YOUNG!!!!

I'm missing my hubby. Nothing new to report on my MIL. I appreciate your kind words and your expressions of concern. Thank you so much. I'm so grateful for family.


18 comments:

JustRandi said...

That is funny about We Are the World. I'm going to go watch it right now.

I'm so glad you're ok from the ice. Those ice falls are not good!!

Heffalump said...

We sang We are the World in 6th grade choir...
Have a great spring break when it arrives!

Corrine said...

i should never glance at comments because I forget what I was going to say :)

um glad you made it to seminary, and ....

oh yeah i love looking through pictures too! such fun memories....you should jot down the memories that flood your mind when looking at the pictures, on the back side of them....

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

Nothing like a fall on the ice early in the morning to get the blood pumping...especially to those areas. You know the ones that are bruised now.

I love my photos too.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

PJ said...

If it snows an inch here, everything closes down! Of course, we don't have snow plows.

Keep us up dated on your MIL!

aubrey said...

i am currently going through all of my pictures and scanning and sorting. and totally agree that it is hard to not stop and remember and go through them slowly. i think it is so much fun!

omar said...

I love One Shining Moment.

I've got UNC, Michigan State, UConn, and Villanova in the final four, with Michigan State winning it all. So no offense, but I hope Louisville loses tonight :)

Yvonne said...

randi: So, did you watch it--so fun.

I am surprised I wasn't more sore. I'm just grateful my dress didn't fly over my head ; )

heffalump; What a fun memory from 6th great.

It was bright and sunny today.

corrine: I don't always print the pics until I'm ready to use them.

sheila: If I wasn't awake before the fall, I sure was AFTER.

pj: I don't think Winnipeg EVER shuts down due to snow--although we are all worried about flooding right now.

I will keep you informed about my MIL. Thank you.

aubrey: Even though it takes a long time to go through the pictures, I don't care--I love doing it.

omar: I have been videotaping One Shining Moment FOR YEARS and have some classics. One year before our championship party we watched them all--IT WAS SO FUN.

Great picks. Kyle has Pitt picked to win it all--so it's a little tense around here right now ; ) I do think that Missouri deserved to win that game earlier. (I'm not a Jim Calhoun fan--sorry) I will be very surprised if Louisville doesn't win tomorrow. One of my granddaughters has Villanova picked to win it all, and one has Oklahoma. The greatest majority have NC picked.

Good luck.

sweetpea said...

I'll be watching that Louisville game too..GO SPARTANS!! :)

How's Kyle now that Pittsburgh lost? We had them in our Final 2, so our bracket went down a few notches too!

I agree--sports are much more fun when watching them with someone, or a group of people.

chellie said...

Falling on the ice hurts so bad - sooooo sorry about that!

Those songs... man, I'm getting old!

Valerie said...

You shouldn't be falling on the ice in MARCH for heaven's sakes! It's unfortunate that we are all still living in the throes of winter... what happened to spring? *heavy sigh*
I'm so relieved that you weren't injured in your fall. Seminary teachers are BLESSED!!!

We re-watched We Are the World a couple months ago. ahhh... good memories!!

Tonya said...

I do tend to like sports a little more when there is no money being made by the players. It just seems to have more heart.

I'm keeping your mother-in-law in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry you fell on the ice, Yvonne! Ouch! This is such crazy Spring weather. I hope it melts all soon and we have the warm back. Although...maybe you don't normally get the warm up there for much longer! ;)

I love watching old music videos on YouTube too! We never had cable growing up in my house so I'm seeing these videos for the first time now as an adult! :)

Tori :) said...

We learned the sign language to to "We Are The World" in 5th grade. I still remember it...

That video made me cry. Yes, I'm a dork.

The only team I have left on my bracket is NC and they were suppose to lose to Louisville or something like that. lol!

Tori :) said...

I forgot to say: I hope your bum is ok!!

Natalie said...

Sorry you fell. Hope you feel better.
I love, love looking at old pictures too.

Nancy Face said...

I'm so sorry you slipped and fell on the ice, but I'm glad you didn't brace yourself with your wrists...they can break easily, and that is horrible when it happens!

I've been doing the same type of thing this week...spending hours and hours working on organizing my photos. It's a huge ongoing task, but I think it's time well spent! :)

Melissa said...

I'm thinking I need to watch some old music videos now! That sounds like a lot of fun!!
I hope you enjoy your spring break!