Monday, March 16, 2009

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER

You may be wondering why the title of this post:

First: Kyle played very well in the Music Festival on Friday. He played on a beautiful huge grand piano. I laughed when the adjudicator asked the kids how much they thought the piano was worth and one of them said $8,000. The adjudicator said, "If that was the cost, I'd be writing my check right now." Anyway, Kyle played a piece that was very fast and he did so well. I was impressed--Kyle was quite pleased when the adjudicator commented on the fact that he played with confidence. He got a great mark--higher than he thought he was going to get. His teacher was very happy and so was his mom ; )

Next: The youth were victorious in the Scripture Mastery Challenge. Yippee!!! I was cheering them on and they were fantastic. So today we had McDonald's for breakfast--and I think each of the kids ordered something different.

And Yesterday was Selection Sunday, and I now get to fill out my picks for the tournament. I love this time of year. I am so looking forward to our trip down to Minneapolis to see the games there. It doesn't even matter who is playing--it will be so fun to be there to feel the excitement. (Although I love sitting in the family room watching all the games--and I do watch every game ; ) Championship Monday will be different this year--so many people gone, but we'll still have a party.

I manage our family (which includes friends) tournament. We have been doing it for close to 10 years. I thought it would be kind of fun to post our rules or as CBS terms them--"constitution":
  • Rule #1--No changing ANY OF YOUR PICKS after the first tip-off of the Tournament. This will not include the play-in game! 

  • Rule #2--No one (not even Allan) is allowed to be a WHINER!!!! No, that isn't winner--REMEMBER YOU'RE ALL WINNERS!!! That also isn't WINO!!! 

  • Rule #3--If you lose your winning team in the first round--SORRY! That's the way the ball bounces!!! (That even means if Duke goes out in the first round!)

  • Rule #4--The decision of the refs is final (RIGHT, TONY!!!) Remember rule #2--no whining about the refs!!! 

  • Rule #5--Be sure when you put the score of the final game you add the scores of the two teams together. It is not the score of one of the teams. This caused some problems in the past. 

  • Rule #6--Have fun and remember your only prize is BRAGGING RIGHTS!!! 

Finally: The weather is changing, and I'm loving it!!! I didn't wear my heavy coat this morning, and, in fact, when I left Seminary to go to the gym, I forgot my coat at the Church and wasn't freezing to death ; )

And, besides all of that, it's Monday and that means 24 is on tonight ; )

How about you--what are you happy about???


15 comments:

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

I love that you are so into...
March Madness.
and 24.
It's fun to se other people who are passionate about things.
My hubby just flew in from Minneapolis after business all over the US.
Enjoy all your fun.
and the nice weather.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Romy said...

I'm happy that it's another day with temps in the "plus" range! I'm glad that the youth won on Saturday - I was in the kitchen helping prep dinner, wishing that I was able to join in on the fun!

I'm happy that it's only a couple more weeks until mom and I head to SLC for Conference!

Have a wonderful day walking outside without the heavy winter coat! :)

Melissa said...

I would love to go to a March Madness game someday... I think it would be so fun. Speaking of which, I need to go do my picks for my cousin's tournament :)
And congrats to Kyle for a job well done!

sweetpea said...

Way to go Kyle! Lol about the cost of the piano. Was it a Steinway?
Ditto to you on 24 and March Madness--two of my favorite things!

I'm happy because it's 60 degrees today, will be 70 tomorrow, and hopefully I only have 2 more days of bedrest left!!!

Heffalump said...

I'm happy that I received my package of goodies from you in the mail today! I'm eating the clodhoppers right now!
Thanks so much!

JustRandi said...

I love your rules! We've never been big into basketball around here. But yours sounds like fun!

annie said...

Great rules!
I'm happy it's Monday & Spring Break!

Tonya said...

I love the title of your post.

I'm happy that we have more daylight in the evening even if I do complain when the time changes.

I'm also glad that I only have 4 more days to work before I'm off for spring break.

Go March Madness even if I don't get it..LOL

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things in your life to be happy about! LOL at the rules! I'm glad you've got it all worked out so there can be no argument! ;) I'm happy that I had an entire week off from school. Now it's back to the normal routine!

Chelli said...

I have no idea what March Madness even is. How sad is that? Well, I know it's basketball, but other than that I'm clueless. But I'm happy that it such a fun tradition for your family!

Congrats to Kyle on playing well. I remember the days of "piano festival" and I think it was as stressful on my mom as it was for me. But the experience is well worth it!

Nancy Face said...

I'm happy for Kyle! :)

I totally expected the youth to win! Hooray! :D

A sign in my kitchen reads "There will be a $5 charge for whining". I should have a fortune by now, but nobody ever pays up! ;)

I'm happy because we had a fun green dinner for family night! :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations to Kyle. Way to go! I remember being at a recital when I was a little girl and being so scared that to this day I don't remember if I actually played or went home sick.
What is March Madness Tournament?
They know about St Patrick's Day here, but I don't think they celebrate at all.:(

Tori :) said...

Duke out in the 1st round- pfft! Impossible!! (I hope...)
I'm glad you're happy!!

chellie said...

yay for reasons to be happy!!!

Yvonne said...

sheila: Oh when I get into something I'm into it. Sad to say, the nice weather is GONE.

romy; We won't talk about temps today ; (

I hope you and your mom have a great time at Conference.

melissa: I have Louisville picked to win it all--just refused to go with North Carolina since everyone else picked them.

Thanks.

sweetpea: No the piano wasn't a Steinway, but it was absolutely beautiful.

I didn't know you were into 24. It has been such a great season, eh?

Hope you are enjoying being off bedrest.

heffalump: Glad you enjoyed the Clodhoppers.

justrandi: We love sports and College basketball is THE BEST.

annie: I'm looking forward to our Spring Break.

tonya: I'm with you on the more hours of daylight.

I hope you are enjoying your time off.

suzanne: Oh rules don't keep us from arguing ; )

Hope you had a great week off.

chelli: Just wait until your little guy is in jr high or high school--March Madness may become a part of his life.

I'm so glad Kyle has participated in the festival. It has been a good experience for him.

nancyface: Thanks.

I'm sooooo glad the youth won.

I need that sign--but i'm the biggest whiner of all.

I love your idea of a green dinner.

natalie: Kyle amazes me when he plays. When he was little his little heart would beat so fast, I think he still gets somewhat nervous. My hands would shake so bad I couldn't play.

March Madness is the NCAA Basketball tournament. Starts with 64 (well actually 65) teams and then there is a championship game the first Monday in April. It is a lot of fun.

tori: I have a daughter who is a HUGE Duke fan ; )

chellie: Always great to find something to be happy about.