Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I GOT NOTHIN

Days like these I wish I had a draft folder because there is nothing CLEVER going on in my head. However, there is a fair amount going on ; )

--Kyle participated in the Battle of the Bands at his school and the band came in 2nd ; (((((((

--Does anyone else use AOL and have the page with all the ads??? There is one there for some kind of botox serum and it has a picture of an "older" woman (even older than me!!!) with all kinds of wrinkles. Suddenly, she looks about 20 years younger and ALL HER WRINKLES DISAPPEAR. I laugh every time I see it--COME ON, WHO ARE THEY TRYING TO KID!!!! It's right up there with that silly claim "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" ; )

--We got Kyle's proofs back from his grad pictures. I'm so happy he smiled in all of them. We had a good laugh about one of the poses--it looks like he is handing back the diploma or hanging on to the "spirit stick". It was a really odd pose. It's still hard for me to believe he is graduating from high school in June.

--I'm at the bottom in our family bracket challenge. My picks were pretty lousy. It's o.k. I'm still having fun. I'm looking forward to the games tomorrow and Friday because JUST MAYBE the teams I selected will move on ; )

--My MIL is in the hospital. She has been in pain for awhile and we have been hoping it would get better. Unfortunately, it hasn't. The doctors discovered she has lesions on her pelvic bone and her spine. There are also a couple of other problems. She has been having tests and it looks like it is Cancer. We'll know more next week. Allan was going to head out of town on Friday and then drive down tomorrow, but then with the weather being SO HORRIBLE he decided to fly out this afternoon. I will go the Tuesday after Spring Break. (I think it's important that he have some alone time with his mom and his sisters.)

--I'm not sure who is looking forward to Spring Break more--Kyle or me ; )

--We were supposed to feed the Elders dinner tonight but since Allan ended up flying out of town at the last minute and Kyle had to work, I was home alone, so I fixed dinner to go. When I realized they were outside trying to park their car I opened the door and yelled to them down the street to come park in the driveway--we got a fair amount of snow today and they were starting to hike through the snow. I should have called them and told them originally to just park in the driveway. Oh, well, they seemed happy with their huge pie and 1/2 gallon of ice cream.


--I have been spending WAY TOO MUCH time working on my genealogy, but it has been so fun. I found this picture of my great grandparents on a public tree. I also think I have finally found some info on my dad's mother--I may have even found her parents. That is a HUGE FIND FOR ME.






20 comments:

Valerie said...

So sorry to hear about your MIL!!! I'm glad Allan was able to fly out to be with her. You all will be in my prayers.

Spring break? Hmmmm.... I think the correct term will be "winter break." Right now it's snowing like it did at Christmas time. I hope it doesn't last!!

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

What a lovely photo!

Oh, so sad about your MIL.

Spring Break will be nice for you though.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

ps. you're almost left with an empty nest

Ashley said...

So sorry about your MIL. Spring break will be a nice rest for you. Although we have it right now and I am ready for it to be over. I think my kids need their daily breaks from one another. :O)

I love the picture. I am thinking of doing a wall of all my older family member pics. I want my kids to know who these people are and why they are special to us.

Tonya said...

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. It is so hard when someone you love is sick. I'll be thinking of you all.

Spring Break rocks!!

Janice said...

congrats on your genealogy find! Hope your MIL is doing better soon!

Sheri said...

Prayers and best wishes to your MIL and Allan. i can't wait for Spring period...what's with the big ol snow storm?!

Heffalump said...

I'm sorry your Mother in Law is ill. I hope she is able to find some comfort and that you and Allan will be comforted as well.

JustRandi said...

Yay for your genealogy find. I haven't caught that bug yet. I keep telling myself there's a time and a season!

JustRandi said...

Also, I forgot to rub it in about the benefits of the draft folder.

Not that it actually helps....

txmommy said...

sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope things will go well with her, and that she will have a good visit with Allan.

Spring break is awesome. I always love it. Now we are counting down for summer!!

pie and ice cream, always good :)

sweetpea said...

Sorry about you bracket--we took a bunch of risks too, and we aren't quite sure they are going to pay off!

Spring break? How about spring first? :)

Annette Lyon said...

Hope your MIL gets better. Love the photo!

(Thanks for dropping by!)

Klin said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I always look forward to Spring Break more than my kids. I love having them home. Of course I love having some time to just me when they are in school, too.

Yay for finding genealogy stuff. I need to get started on my husbands side.

Suzanne said...

That must be so heartbreaking for you and Allan to be going through this with your MIL. Let us know how it goes!

Congrats on your geneologoy find!

Liam's Mom said...

Great work with your geneology! That is so exciting you found that photo! GREAT FIND INDEED!

I hope your MIL isn't in any pain. That is so hard to find so many things going on at once. I am glad you guys can go see her.

Natalie said...

So sorry about your MIL. I will keep her in my prayers.

I always loved spring break. So great to have the kids home. It will be a nice little break from getting up so early too.

Love the photo. What a beautiful couple!

Ice Cream = yum

aubrey said...

oh dear. i'm sorry about your MIL. but that is great that allan can go and be with her!

chellie said...

Great pic find!

I hope Spring Break goes well... you sure deserve a break!

Sorry to hear about your MIL. That is always tough news to hear.

Nancy Face said...

I'm happy for you that Kyle's grad pictures turned out so well! Pictures are a BIG DEAL! :)

I'm very sorry to learn of your sweet mother-in-law's health problems. I'm glad you can go visit her.

My goal is to focus on genealogy big time when Zach leaves on his mission in five years. :)

Melissa said...

I'm hoping to do geneology someday. There is a time and season for everything - right?

I'm at the bottom of our family bracket too... well, except for my cousin's son who chose Utah, BYU, Gonzaga and Duke for his final 4 ;D