Thursday, March 12, 2009

I LOVE IT WHEN...

I Love It When...

...We have friends over for dinner. Last night one of Kyle's former YM leaders (who moved away a few years ago) came for dinner. We had a ball. Brad is such a great guy. Whenever he would take Kyle and the boys out for activities, I think all of us parents spent a lot of time on our knees praying the boys would get home safe and sound ; )

...There is an in-service day and I get to sleep in--Tomorrow can't come soon enough because I'm still feeling that I really lost an hour.

...Kyle gets an opportunity to participate in a Piano Festival. Tomorrow he will play in a Grade 9 class. It requires a lot of practice and there is an adjudicator who will critique his performance. (Glad it's him and not me ; ) Through the years as he has participated, I have been amazed at his composure.

...I sit and think about what great kids I have. I appreciate my boys who call to talk with their dad. They are so like their Allan who used to call and talk with his dad all the time. They seem to realize that this is not the easiest time in Allan's life. Their love and support means a great deal. And I know Allan gets such a kick out of all of Heidi's text messages. They have such a good relationship.



...The picks are announced by the Selection Committee and I get to fill out my brackets. Allan and I are driving down to Minneapolis next week to try and get into one of games. We will also have a chance to see a good friend. Tom and his wife, Julie, had a little girl back in June and I've only seen pictures of her on their blog and on facebook--here's hoping we get to meet little Eden.

...I realize Spring Break is in a few weeks. I know I have big plans to do a lot of organizing, but it will be great to have a few days off.



...I look at the calendar and realize that in a few weeks I will be heading down to Utah and get to see a couple of my kids. I sure miss these two. We'll bring Brent home with us for a couple of weeks--it will be so fun to have him here.






23 comments:

Sheri said...

I love that you are into the college basketball! I am more that way for football, but love it all! Have a great time! It sounds like you have an amazing family - in hard times and in good it is definately family that matters most!

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

March madness.
Its that time of year.
I am not as big a fan as you.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

txmommy said...

i love having friends over for dinner too!

how fun that you get to go to Utah!!

send me an email and let me know when you'll be in texas so I can put it on my calendar!

lana@pwhome(.)com

JustRandi said...

I want to love having friends over for dinner. But I just don't.
Does that make me a horrible person!?

Tori :) said...

My parents LOVE in-service day too!!

Neal said...

I hope you guys get to see a game. I had a chance to score tickets in NY for the Big East championship...but can't swing it this year. Good luck!

Ashley said...

I bet the students are just as happy to stay home and sleep in as you are. My husband doesn't understand early morning seminary. He was raised in Utah. For me, it was hard but very rewarding!

We are lucky to have supportive families. In times of test, family is best.

Magirk said...

You always seem to have so much fun. :-)

Hope you get lots of sleep tomorrow!

Good luck to Kyle.

I'm excited for March Madness too!

I hope you'll get to see the baby and a game, and that your future travels will be great too! ;-)

Nancy Face said...

This is such a happy post! :)

When I first saw the word "adjudicator" I thought it was DICTATOR, and I thought, "Yikes!" ;)

PJ said...

You have much to look forward to!

I like keeping up with the Life and Travels of YOU:)

Tonya said...

My husband is really close with his mom and dad. It's a quality that I looked for when finding the right one.

I this it's awesome that you love college b-ball. I hope you get to see a game.

annie said...

This time change has really messed with me! I have heard several people say that... weird! The other weird thing is wearing flip flops on Saturday and a coat and scarf in the snow today!

That is so sweet that your family is so close!

aurora said...

We slept in today for Semindary... and we didn't have any reason to! oops!

aurora said...

"seminary" I hate typos!
Oh, and I just love that you always have a trip on the horizon! :D

Valerie said...

That time change was hard/weird this year. I can't get Inigo to fall asleep before 11:15 every night. I wonder what was so different about it? However, it's still light at 7:00 every night and I LOVE that!
Enjoy sleeping in. I did today (got up at 8:30) and it feels SO GOOD!!!!

Suzanne said...

Ooh, have fun sleeping in! And with all your traveling. I've come to expect that you'll always be traveling somewhere! :) That's great that your hubby and kids have such great relationships!

Heffalump said...

I always thought life was supposed to get less busy when your kids grow up, but you are busier than I am!

Lauren said...

I love posts like these. So cute!

Yay for getting to sleep in!

Natalie said...

Daylight savings time changes at the end of the month for us here in Europe. We missed a CES broadcast last Sun. because of that.:(
I think it's great that you get to travel and visit places so much. I love to travel.
I also love having friends over for dinner.

Mel said...

Yvonne- You look great! Enjoy your travels.

Amber said...

I thought I would support my husband by watching BYU basketball tonight. He kicked us out at half-time. Possibly something about the kids jumping all over him. :-)

Corrine said...

have fun on your way to march madness! and safe trip to utah!

chellie said...

Let me know when you'll be in Utah.. I'm going soon too. :)