Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In the Words of Rod Stewart--Tonight's the Night

I'm so looking forward to seeing my hubby. I guess because of the reality of Allan's mom's sickness and how I know it effects him, I just want to be there to support him. I know how tough it is on him. He loves and respects her so much and I'm sure it must be so difficult for him to watch her suffer.

I'm also looking forward to celebrating Brent's achievement in graduating. I want to do my best to make this a wonderful experience for him. We arrive home on Friday and Allan and I will turn around and head for Regina where he has meetings Saturday and Sunday. We'll get home in time for Easter dinner--which I need to get ready for the boys to pop in the oven before we get home.

I have tons of things to do before my plane leaves this afternoon. I hope the weather cooperates because I really don' want to get stuck in Denver--although it would be fun to hook up with a couple of people there ; ) I'm off to fill Easter bags for my Seminary class as well as Easter baskets for the boys. (I guess they will have to hide each other's basket since "The Bunny" won't be here to hide them ; ) This will be the first year in FOREVER that we haven't dyed eggs--hope the boys aren't too disappointed ; (

I'll do my best to get around to read blogs while I'm gone, but if I don't get to yours, please understand.

Sidenote #1: I'm going to have to go through and do a post about my thoughts on Conference. The talks were superb. I told my Seminary Students it was such a great Conference and they reminded me that I always say it was a great Conference ; ) For some reason, these talks just had such an impact on me. I felt so rejuvenated and yet at the same time recognized so many things that I need to work on--but at the same time, I felt I CAN DO IT. I love that feeling.

Sidenote #2: The party was a successful--a small gathering, but we had a great time. (I even wore my "Final Four T-shirt I bought in Minneapolis ; ) As always we had too much food, but I think Kyle and his friends will finish it off today. The game was not very exciting--I like the kind where you are cheering and have to wait until the end to see who's going to win. It didn't take too long to figure out who was going to win this one.

During half-time we had an iChat with the gang in Utah. That was a lot of fun. It gave me a chance to talk to Stephen and Daphne and their kids. (I'm disappointed because Stephen and Daphne and family will be leaving Utah sometime this morning which means I will just miss them.) Hopefully, it won't be too long until I see them. It just took a few minutes for Drew to figure out the whole thing--and then he was having fun. He liked showing Grandma is new Webkin-a cute little seahorse he has named "Bubbles".

As always, I thoroughly enjoyed "One Shining Moment". There were so many great last minute shots during the tournament and they were in the clip. Of course, I loved that well beyond half court shot made by the Mizzou player in the game with Memphis. I still feel so bad when I hear the line "win or lose" and see the look on the faces of those who lose ; ((((( BTW, I really blew it--I should have done something spectacular when I was at the game in Minneapolis to insure a spot in the clip. Kyle said I should have gone all out and painted my face. Could you imagine--maybe I should have painted my face and painted Allan's little bald head like a Basketball ; ) Well, maybe ONE DAY.


21 comments:

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

Yvonne, be safe. I am so glad it is the day to go be with Allan. I am sorry that he is feeling the stress of his Mother's illness. It is so hard to see someone you love be so very sick.

Enjoy your visit.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Millie said...

Have a great time! Ditto to everything you said about General Conference. :)

Carrot Jello said...

Yvonne your title made me blush.

glittersmama said...

Yay! I hope the week went quickly for you. Enjoy your trip!

mindyluwho said...

I thought Conference was fabulous too. I'm working on my thoughts like you suggested. Have a great visit with you hubby!

Chantel said...

Enjoy your visit. We might be in Regina this weekend as well.

Jess said...

I thought conference was also amazing. Enjoy seeing your hubby again I am sure he will be so grateful to have his supporting wife by his side.

Lauren said...

I am glad you get to see Allen! Be safe!

Whitney said...

I'm glad you get to be with your hubby again :) I really hope things get better with his mom.
Sounds like you had fun watching the game though! I don't think I've watched more than 5 minutes of any basketball this year :(

Valerie said...

I agree that Conference was AMAZING!! I even think my teenage daughter listened and got something out of it.

Have a safe trip and best of luck with your MIL!!

Ashley said...

Conference was GREAT. Have a great trip!

Heffalump said...

Yay that you will be seeing your hubby! I hope it is a wonderful visit!

We colored our eggs last night for FHE. Pics on Wordless Wednesday tomorrow.

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you get to see your honey tonight. Please travel safely.

The boys will totally understand that the bunny is a busy bunny this year.

I think the painted basketball head is a great idea :o)

Klin said...

Travel safe.

Can I come by and visit you? Or maybe just hug you.

annie said...

HAVE FUN!

Tori :) said...

YAY for Allan and you being together again! I'm so glad.
Have a wonderful Easter Yvonne. :)

Melissa said...

I hope your traveling went well! Be safe and I hope you have a good visit. HUGS!!!

Nancy Face said...

Haha, I LOVE the title! You crack me up!

Conference really WAS great. Some of the talks had me sobbing and feeling very thankful for my blessings. :)

Corrine said...

glad you get to be with allan!

conference was amazing wasn't it...i know like your students said you say it all the time, but i really thought this one was amazing and felt like it really hit home.

chellie said...

I'm glad you are in Utah. You are a wonderful support and I'm sure Allan is thrilled to see you too. I was hoping to be there to see you, but it sounds like a quick trip for you anyway. Hopefully in July.... hugs!

Liam's Mom said...

I completely agree with your thoughts on conference. The talks touched my heart so deeply. You were right about feeling I CAN DO IT!