Monday, April 13, 2009

Is It Possible???

I can't believe my baby is 18 years old today. We didn't have Seminary or School today so Kyle is VERY HAPPY.

He is our only Canadian child--and he is Canadian through and through. Other than 2 1/2 years when he lived in the U.S., he has lived only in Canada. It will be quite a change for him when he goes to BYU in the Fall.

I figured I will post some of my favorite pictures of this cute guy who has been such a delight to raise













































I think Heidi wanted a little sister ; )






































































Kyle's baptism





























Easter 9 years ago--seems like just yesterday



































































































One of Allan's favorite stories is when Kyle broke his leg. The interns/residents were all coming to look at the break (it was pretty ugly) They had given Kyle a fair amount of morphine and he was pretty out of it. His eyes were shut and we assumed he was asleep. We were waiting for him to have an x-ray and talking about when he would go in and Allan commented that it would probably be awhile since his injury was not "life threatening". Kyle IMMEDIATELY sat up and with great emotion said, "It's life threatening????"



















































































I'll never forget his excitement the day he got his car--I guess having dishpan hands from washing dishes at the restaurant really paid off ; )



















He does have to work tonight, so we will go out to dinner on Wednesday night, but we didn't make him wait to open his birthday presents and cards. He's quite happy.

Happy Birthday, Bud. I love you.





24 comments:

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

They grow up so fast.

Don't turn around or blink...
that's how fast it seems.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

JustRandi said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle!
And not having to get up for seminary/school is the best present of all.
My girls will be quite jealous!

Mel said...

I can only imagine what it must feel like to have your youngest hit the 18th mark! He sure is a talented young man. The "life threatening" comment made me giggle.

Happy Birthday Kyle!

Sheri said...

How fun to reminise sp? Happy b-day Kyle! Yvonne, I can't believe how great you looked with the baby pic!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! I'm sure I'm going to turn around and my boy will suddenly be that old.

Klin said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle.

It's amazing to see how they turn out, eh.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!
No school sounds like a great birthday present to me ;)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle. He is a handsome and great young man. What a blessing for you.
Too bad they grow so fast. I wish they stayed young a bit longer.
I wish him a wonderful life.

sweetpea said...

What a handsome young man!! Happy birthday Kyle!!

txmommy said...

happy happy birthday Kyle!!!!!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome son!!

Tori :) said...

Awww... this post was awesome.

"It's life threatening!!" made me lol!!!

Happy (belated) birthday Kyle!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday, Kyle! Wow, time flies so quickly. My twins turn 3 on Friday. Where does time go? It was fun to see Kyle's growing up pictures. What a great mom you are!:)

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday to Kyle. The pictures are great and make me a little sad because I know how fast my time with my little guy is going by.

Nancy Face said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Face said...

These pictures are so fun! And I want to know how you could look like such a babe right after giving birth! :)

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KYLE! :D

I hope you have a fun dinner out tonight! :D

By the way, that deleted comment was me...I made a boo-boo. Oops!

PJ said...

I'm glad he had a great birthday!

Chel said...

wow! your baby is all grown up! You should be so proud of him. I love the picture of the two of you in Hawaii. And I LOVE the car picture! Check out his vertical jump! :)

Happy Birthday to Kyle!

mindyluwho said...

How fun to see his pictures from baby to now. The one of him with bows in his hair reminds me of when I was growing up. I didn't have any sisters for 10 years, just 5 brothers. I was 2nd oldest so I would dress my younger brothers up as girls and fix their hair all cute! Yes, I REALLY wanted a sister!

Liam's Mom said...

What an awesome guy! I love the broken leg story and that photo of him with his new ride! I hope his birthday celebrations are awesome!

annie said...

What a great basketball pic!!!
Happy bday to Kyle!

Suzanne said...

How is it possible that your hair looks so good after giving birth?? ;) Loved seeing all the pics. Happy Birthday, Kyle! :)

No Cool Story said...

SO handsome! Happy belated birthday!