Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A LITTLE UPDATE

First of all, let me apologize if I made anyone else blush with the title of my last post (sorry, Carrot). I really was looking forward to seeing my hubby ; ) It is so funny because for years he was traveling quite often, but since July he has been home and it just didn't feel the same not having him home.

We've had some wonderful news on my MIL: Allan and his sisters visited with my MIL's doctor yesterday. First they found that none of the cancer has reached any vital organs. He did mention that the cancer is fast moving so where it goes next is the big challenge. He also mentioned that radiation treatments should help with the pain. At her next appointment they will talk about doing low-dose chemotherapy to see if they can get rid of the cancer. We are all so happy.

She looked pretty good when I saw her yesterday--much better than the picture I saw of her the other day (I was quite relieved)

Allan and I had lunch this afternoon at Kneaders and then we headed to the BYU bookstore. (I love that place) I stopped at the candy counter where I met the daughter of one of my former Laurels. It just seems impossible ; )

We are off to dinner tonight to celebrate Brent's graduation tomorrow.

20 comments:

glittersmama said...

I'm glad that your MIL is doing better than you thought. Have fun in Utah!

♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Somebody Loved ♥ said...

Have a wonderful celebration dinner. Congrats to Brent.

My advice about your MIL (although nobody asked)... be weary of radiation & chemo. Lots of side effects and they are not always positive. I know you will weigh the pros and cons and study it out and not just believe what docs say.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Ashley said...

I bet you are a little relieved to be in Utah. Have fun!

Tonya said...

That's such great news about your mother-in-law.

Enjoy your time with Brent.

Klin said...

I love the BYU bookstore, too. Their sales are so much fun, except for my budget- not so much fun there:)

Good news on your MIL.

Yes there are some yucky side affects from chemo and radiation. I watched my MIL go through all that. She did well until they had to change her chemo and then it became poison for her after a short time.

We are so blessed to live in a time and place that does much research on cancer treatment. The first kind of chemo didn't even make her hair fall out.

My prayers are with you. I'm close enough for a hug if you need one and everyone else is off doin; stuff.

Congrats to Brent! Graduation is a BIG deal and such a relief.

Melissa said...

Hurray! I'm glad your MIL is doing better and that the Dr's are finding ways to help her!
Enjoy your celebration dinner :)

Nancy Face said...

Oh, I'm so happy there is good news concerning your sweet mother-in-law!

Congratulations to Brent! Enjoy everything! :)

Corrine said...

so glad your mother in law is doing better...glad you got your hubby back and hope you have fun in Utah....sheri and i would love to meet you sometime!!! be safe!!

PJ said...

I'm so glad the update is good news.
Enjoy Utah, and time with your hubby!

Jodi said...

Congrats to Brent! Hope you have fun in Utah! You travel more than anyone I know!!!!

sweetpea said...

I'm so glad about your MIL!!! I love the BYU bookstore too, although I rarely get to go. It's been years!

chellie said...

I'm happy to hear about the update on your MIL.
Wish I was there to see you. :) Next time!
Congrats to Brent, that is awesome!

Holly said...

I thought it was a hysterical title! Have a good time in Utah. I'm glad your MIL is better.

Heffalump said...

That is wonderful news! I hope that news continues to be good!

Heffalump said...

Also...enjoy your hubby!

Jess said...

I am so glad for you and your family's sake that your MIL is doing a little bit better. It is so hard to watch someone in pain. Have a wonderful celebration with Brent.

Valerie said...

I LOVED the title of the last post. *wink*wink*

That's good news about your MIL!!

Amber said...

Hurray for the good news about your MIL! Let's hope it stays that way. Thoughts and good wishes being sent her way.

And congrats to Brent!

annie said...

Sending prayers up for your MIL.

Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.