Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Special Treat


When I realized I would be heading to Texas for Chris and Heather's wedding (I should have a post ready on Tuesday ; ), I knew I had to do all I could to meet up with one of my favorite blogging buddies, txmommy. When we arrived and everything was so crazy busy I was a little worried. But fortunately for me, she had a Primary activity at the Dallas Temple on Saturday morning and we made arrangements to meet.












We had a wonderful time visiting. She is so sweet. I have always felt that if we lived in the same neighborhoods we would be friends. After meeting her, I really know how true that statement is. I would have loved to have had more time visiting, but I was grateful we did have the time we had. She commented on how nice it is to meet people and feel like you already know them--such a true statement.






I also got a chance to meet some of her children and her husband. They are a terrific family. The girls are beautiful and E is very handsome.















I also had a chance to meet one of txmommy's friends--nikko. I have seen her comments on a few blogs, so it was fun to meet her, too.

As we were driving back to the hotel, Allan asked if all of my blogging friends are as nice as those he has met--and I told him OF COURSE!!!!! I've mentioned before that each time he meets a blogging friend, he has a greater appreciation of why I love to blog and especially why it's so important for me to meet up with these women. Thank you.


SIDENOTE: The wedding was WONDERFUL. The bride looked gorgeous and the groom was so handsome. We had a blast at the reception. I'll write all about it in my post on Monday or Tuesday.



15 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I am thankful for blogging because I don't think I would have gotten to know some wonderful people any other way... the distance is too great.

Lucky us!!!

I am looking forward to seeing your wedding post... but now for my Sunday afternoon nap.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you got to meet them. I wish I were there too. I love having Txmommy for a daughter. She teaches me many things and is always a great example. Nikko is my friend too, so I'm glad you got to meet her.
Your trip sounds like so much fun.
I look forward to the day I meet you IRL.
Hugs

Heffalump said...

I love getting to meet bloggy friends in real life! How great that you have been able to do that so many times!

Klin said...

Yay for meeting bloggy buds. I'm always grateful I met you.

Lauren said...

I am excited to see pictures from the wedding!

So fun you got to meet them!

Tonya said...

I love all my blogging buddies and I hope I eventually get to meet them all.

carolyne b said...

i find it wonderful that being LDS women connects us in such a way that when we meet, its like the veil parting. We have always known each other. Just beautiful.

sweetpea said...

How fun you were able to meet her and her cute family!

Suzanne said...

You've gotten to meet so many bloggers in real life. That is so awesome! I can't wait to see the post about the wedding! :)

JustRandi said...

I was just wondering how Allan feels about getting to meet all these strangers you've met on the internet.
When we met up, I felt like I knew him, but he didn't know me from Adam. well, Eve anyway.

I'm glad he liked it enough to keep getting himself talked into it.

Either that or he doesn't want to send you off by yourself to meet your imaginary friends....

Tori :) said...

Txmommy is a sweetie! I actually ran into her at a pumpkin patch last fall!! :) I'm glad you were able to meet her.

Chel said...

Very lovely! What a nice place to meet up!

Nancy Face said...

Oh, so much fun! You've met lots of blogging buddies, and I'm so happy for you! YAY! :D

nikko said...

Yay! It was so fun to meet you in person. I'll have to spend more time on your blog, now. ;o)

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas!

PJ said...

I'm so glad you met bloggy friends!

I have many wonderful memories at the Dallas Temple. It is where Sam and I were sealed!!