Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Stephen



Today Stephen turned 39. I'm sitting here shaking my head thinking THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. I still remember the day they placed this cute little guy in my arms. It was a difficult time in my life--raising him alone was going to be a challenge, but I knew I could do it.

So here are a few pictures of him through the years.
















Stephen was quite athletic and I have always been a bit of a tomboy--I loved sports growing up, so it was great for me when he took such a liking to every sport. I watched the end of "The Rookie" last night and sat there crying when I thought of all my years of Little League. Such great memories of Little League with this young man. I was the scorekeeper for every team he played on--it kept me from being one of those crazy mom's on the field ; )








Kind of fitting that he would play on the Montreal Expos ; )











And then he played on the Dodgers!!!!








He played soccer for a few years.
























He was 12 when Allan and I got married. He was so happy.

















He also enjoyed skiing--but on one ski trip dislocated his shoulder.



















In high school he played football and ran track. Daphne was a cheerleader.



















Stephen and Daphne got married a few months before he graduated from high school.

































One of my favorite pictures of Stephen and Brent.
















I love this picture of these three guys--taken right around Father's Day 1989.

















Stephen graduated from U of Missouri in May 94.


















At Wendy and Tony's Wedding September 1994














The kids always love having time in the pool so whenever we got together we had to make sure there was a pool. Kiah getting her floaties on so she can swim with her dad.














Family in 1998
















Shortly after Hannah was born in 2000.










Drew's blessing May 2005.










Jason's high school graduation June 2006.















The day of the sealing in Hawaii, 2006.



















Kiah's high school Graudation June 2008















Our trip to Hawaii last July.


















At Grandma's burial in Reno last month.















SIDENOTE #1--EXPLANATION OF THE SIGNAL ON MY LAST POST--the red light is for turning left. So, no, you DO NOT STOP and look and then go--unless you want to be rear-ended!!!! As I mentioned, IT IS VERY CONFUSING.

SIDENOTE #2--I just talked to Wendy and she is doing fine after her surgery. She's home. This is another one of those--I wish I lived closer times.

SIDENOTE #3--I survived the workshop today. Tried to show the Mormon Messages "I Hope You Know We Had a Hard Time", but couldn't figure out how to hook my Mac to the projector. (That's why the phone call, Neal ; ) Turned out the classes were small enough that just using the Mac worked.

See you all soon--I'm taking a break. I feel like I need to re-group.



23 comments:

ShEiLa said...

What a beautiful family.
Inside & Out if they are anything like you.

ToOdLeS.

ps. Happy Birthday Stephen!

Holly said...

Beautiful photos. Happy Birthday Stephen.

Neal said...

ahhh..now I get it ; )

Klin said...

Happy Birthday to your Stephen!!!

Loved this post and glad to read the history and news.

Janice said...

wow, that was great. I haven't seen Stephen since he was probably 12! I feel a little more caught up now:) He has a beautiful family!

Heffalump said...

Time flies doesn't it?
As always, I love seeing pics of your family.

Amber said...

You are a WONDERFUL mother. Seriously. Did you have all those pictures already scanned in? If not, it must have taken you a long time to find them and upload them. What a beautiful walk down the path of his life!!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Stephen.

Love all the pictures.
You have a beautiful family.

txmommy said...

Happy BIrthday Stephen!!

enjoy the break.

Tonya said...

Very neat to see him grow up through the years in pictures. He has a very beautiful family.

Everyone needs to fall back and regroup sometimes. We'll still be here when you get back.

Millie said...

I love your birthday posts. You always do such a great job. It's fun to see your kids "grow up." :)

Happy Birthday Stephen! Now you're as old as I am :)

PJ said...

Happy Birthday to Stephen:)

Have a nice break!

Valerie said...

It's fun to see Stephen through all the years. Hope he has a happy birthday!
Enjoy your break. I'll be anxiously waiting for your return!

sweetpea said...

Happy Birthday Stephen! I love all the photos you posted--what a lovely family you have!

JustRandi said...

What a cute little boy he was!

Don't be gone too long, Yvonne!
We miss you when you aren't around!

utmommy said...

Happy Birthday Stephen!

Great pictures!

Suzanne said...

I love seeing all of your pics, especially the wedding photos. What a wonderful bunch of memories you have. Enjoy your break. I'll miss you! :)

Nancy Face said...

What a wonderful birthday post! I loved it! My favorite pictures of him are the one on your wedding day (sooo cute!), and the one in Hawaii (gorgeous)! :)

chellie said...

Such great pictures! I love it! You always do all of that so well. Happy Birthday to Stephen.

Don't blame you for the break... I've been on a blog break for almost the entire year. :) Even reading and commenting is far and few in between. :)

Jess said...

I love hearing about your family!!! Love all the pics so cute!!!

Tori :) said...

Awesome pics! HAPPY BDAY STEPHEN!

Corrine said...

what a handsome son, i am always amazed how you pull out so many pictures for your posts.

Liam's Mom said...

What a beautiful post in honor of your Stephen. What full and happy lives your family members have. It's so neat how close you all are.

I love the "hope you know I had a hard time" clip on Mormon messages. I am so glad it worked out for you!