Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day--Post is a Week Late


I realize Mother's Day was several days ago, but we had a lot going on and this is the first chance I've had to write about it. You will notice that Heidi is not in the picture--she had gotten up early to drive to Idaho to talk to her little Elder who was calling his mom. (Frankly, I think his mom was awfully generous in sharing her phone call with Heidi ; )

There would have been only one thing that would have made this Mother's Day better, and that is if we hadn't been gathered together for Mom's funeral the day before. She would have loved having everyone there for that special day. She would have loved seeing these two little guys together.













Don't you love it when you capture a great picture of some beautiful ladies and someone has to "SNEAK" in to "spoil" the picture ; )











It was such a treat for me to have all of our kids together. (I would love to post more pictures, but unfortunately, in all of the pictures I look like a member of "The Cullen" family. I didn't do anything different with my make-up but I LOOK SICK, SICK, SICK!!!!

The kids gave me a huge, lovely bouquet of flowers. I received lovely cards. Stephen and Daphne gave me the cutest picture of little Drew. Macy and Neal were brilliant--they gave me carmel bits (so I can make carmel brownies without having to unwrap carmels ; ) I also received a darling apron from Heidi. Brent gave me a DVD copy of My Turn on Earth. I can't tell you how fun it was to have all of the kids together. When we were in Texas for Chris and Heather's graduation from University of North Texas two years ago, Brent and Neal along with Chris, Heather, Amanda, and Garrett were there and that was the last time I've been with more than just Kyle for Mother's Day. (Actually, that year Allan and I flew through Salt Lake on our way back to Winnipeg and I did get to see Heidi that Mother's Day ; )

After we got back from Church and had lunch, we kissed Stephen and Daphne and the kids goodbye, (which always includes a special hug and kiss from little Drew)


















Then we drove to Temple Square. Scarlett had never been to Utah, so we wanted her to have a chance to see everything. The flowers were absolutely amazing.




























We had a great time at the grounds and the Visitors Center.

































I loved this picture of me and Xander--I wish you could see his little t-shirt which read "Photo with baby 50 cents". I was more than happy to pay the 50 cents ; )


















Sidenote #1: Heidi had bunion surgery Friday. She waas doing fine, until she started vomiting this afternoon. She has a lovely purple cast which will match her dress for Chris and Heather's wedding next weekend ; )

















Sidenote #2: We are heading for home Sunday morning. We are planning on stopping in Idaho Falls to attend Church. Monday is a holiday in Canada, so I don't need to worry about Seminary until Tuesday morning.





20 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Such beautiful family photos.

I think all a Mother ever really wants is to have her kids around on Mother's Day... lucky you.

For you it's always 'busy'. Go, go and go some more. You amaze me.

You will have to tell me a bit more about Heidi's surgery. I have been limping around with my blister toe(again, two treatments down 1 to go) and just picked up my orthotics...(I will let you know how that goes.) I hope she is not in too much pain.

Travel home safe.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

I forgot to say that your bouquet of flowers are beautiful and the flowers (esp. tulips) on temple square are always breathtaking.

I love looking at flowers. More than tumbleweeds... and weeds in general. I don't think I am a true desert-rat.

Nancy Face said...

I enjoyed seeing all your great pictures! How wonderful that you got to be with so much family. :)

I think the mother of Heidi's Elder is very sweet! :)

Poor Heidi...her surgery sounds so painful! I hope it heals up quickly and won't give her any more trouble.

Have a safe trip home! :)

txmommy said...

Happy Mother's day. Again, what a treat to have everyone together. Heidi is beautiful, I hope she is feeling better now.

yeah for the wedding weekend!

annie said...

Beautiful pictures, glad to hear you had such a nice mother's day!

Whitney said...

It looks like you had a great Mother's day with your family :)
Beautiful flowers!!!
Enjoy the holiday, days off are the best :)

Tonya said...

Great pictures of your family.

We got to see temple square about this time of year a few years ago and it was beautiful.

I'm glad you had a great Mothers day. You deserve it!!

Melissa said...

Idaho Falls?! That's my stomping grounds! I grew up there! Don't you love the temple on the river? So pretty!

I love the pictures of your family! Your grandkids are DARLING!!!

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. How fun to have all your children together with you on that day. You look so cute in your pink outfit. And that "Sister for Sale" shirt is making me LOL! Let us know when you make it home! :)

Klin said...

I love your post. I am also very sure that your MIL was there to see you all and enjoy her family getting together. You just didn't get to see her reaction.

I hope Heidi will heal quickly. Surgery doesn't sound fun at all.

Yeah, those flowers on Temple Square are beautiful. I might have to steal your picture. I love those bright colors.

Heffalump said...

Family time is great!
My husband's family is somewhat spread out and they have not been all together at the same time for about 16 years.
I'm so glad you got to see everyone at once!

Valerie said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! I know that my mom always sleeps better when all of her kids are together. I'm sure I will be the same.
You didn't look sick at all!
Is Heidi a dancer? My daughter has bunions too and the dr. said it was caused by shoes that were too narrow and dancing... :(

Honk as you drive by!

Valerie said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! I know that my mom always sleeps better when all of her kids are together. I'm sure I will be the same.
You didn't look sick at all!
Is Heidi a dancer? My daughter has bunions too and the dr. said it was caused by shoes that were too narrow and dancing... :(

Honk as you drive by!

PJ said...

What a great Mother's day...to be surrounded by your favorite people.

Love the pictures.

mindyluwho said...

I love the "Sister for Sale" shirt!

How wonderful to be with all your family, especially at such a sad time.

Natalie said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day. It's so great to be with all of your family. I can't wait for that.

Poor Heidi. Sure hope she is recovering well from her surgery. She sure is a pretty girl.

Love your beautiful flowers.

I think you look so great. You look really slim too. Good job.

JustRandi said...

Yvonne, you look fantastic. And you have adorable grandkids!!

No Cool Story said...

:) I love your family pictures. I can't imagine anyhting better than having your loved ones with you.

Chel said...

I'm loving all of the family photos! I'm glad the kids surrounded you on Mother's Day - you are one amazing mom!

Magirk said...

I know this post is a little old, and my comment is shamefully late.

But Happy Mother's Day anyway!

I love your example, Yvonne, of a wonderful, beautiful mother and grandmother. You're so inspiring to me. :-)