Friday, May 1, 2009

Time Management

On a day like today, I wish I had taken a course in Time Management. On second thought, I think I've attended lots of Enrichment classes on the subject. (In fact, I may have even taught a couple ; ) All I know is I NEED TO FIND A FEW MORE HOURS THIS WEEKEND TO GET EVERYTHING DONE.

This morning I made the last plane reservation for the kids. Last weekend when I made Kyle's reservation (on-line), I was sitting talking to Allan about it and realized I had made the reservation for the wrong weekend!!!! I immediately got back on the phone and was able to cancel that reservation and make another one and didn't have to pay a fee--I was so relieved.

I've got my bags pretty much packed. I left a lot of my stuff in Utah and just carried a small bag home.

It's Stake Conference this weekend--Allan will leave the house around 8:30. I have my last Seminary inservice meeting on Saturday and then a dinner to go to Saturday night before the evening meeting. I'll get as much done as I can in-between for the meal I'm preparing for Sunday--I have a lunch/dinner here for 15 people on Sunday after Stake Conference. Tonight I'll cut up all the broccoli and cauliflower for my salad. Tomorrow I'll do the chocolate dessert. I've got to come up with another dessert (something not chocolate). I'll also get the chicken dish done and put in the refrigerator-- It can be baked as soon as I get home--so no real preparation for Sunday. I am going to be a slacker and buy rolls on Saturday. I have decided to use my good china. After going through my mother-in-laws stuff, my SIL's and I have all decided we're going to start using our "good" stuff. You know it sits in the china cabinet and gets used so infrequently, and we realized NOT ANYMORE. We're going to use it--if it gets broken, SO WHAT.

(You know actually, as I write it all down, it doesn't seem so overwhelming ; ) See, another reason why blogging is so therapeutic for me.

Sidenote #1:: Kyle's senior pictures came--I LOVE THEM. Unfortunately, the color doesn't look as good when I scanned them, and I don't have time to fix them. He is such a cutie. BTW, he will be relieved when Stake Conference is over ; )





























Sidenote #2: Stop by and wish my DIL, Macy, a Happy Birthday. If I ever feel busy, I just need to read her blog, and I start to feel like I'm doing nothing!!!! I think she must never sleep.

Sidenote #3: Please forgive me if I don't get by to visit your blogs for a few days. I will EVENTUALLY.


21 comments:

Somebody Loved said...

I am impressed that as busy as you are... you made the time to post.

I like your sons pictures as well.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Sheri said...

I have a great and really easy desset for you... I made it for my big family gathering and it was a hit!!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl
3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
3 tbsp. sugar
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
2 cups thawed cool whip
2 cups frozen pund cake cubes
a handful of melted choc. chips.

Combine berries and sugar. refridgerate until ready to use.
Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy,gradually beat in milk add pudding mix; mix well. Blend in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spoon half into 2 1/2 quart bowl. Top with cake, berries and remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours. Melt chocolate and drizzle over desser, top with a whole strawberry and remaining whip cream.

Good Luck with a busy weekend and with all of the things to come this week.
Great pics!!

Klin said...

Take care of you and your family. You are in our prayers.

Yay for Kyle graduating.

I use my fancy dishes as many Sundays as I remember to. I don't have china, but I have nice stoneware. I agree that it sits too often.

I adopted the theory that if it gets broken then it's a good excuse for me to look for new stuff :)

Macy said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out! I make YOU tired? I get so tired reading the stuff you and Allan get done that sometimes I have to stop reading to take a break and rest and then come back to finish reading later... :)

carolyne b said...

see you at conference saturday and sunday!!! stop for a second so I can give you a big hug.

Heffalump said...

I'm tired just reading that!

Natalie said...

I love the pictures of Kyle. He is such a handsome young man.
Wish I was there to give you a hand.
I love to use my good stuff and plan to do it more when I get home.
Good luck with everything.
Hugs

txmommy said...

wow! that's a lot going on.
I love Kyle's pictures, he is such a handsome guy :)

Suzanne said...

It sounds like such a busy weekend. Good luck getting everything done. I'm sure your food will be yummy and will look great on your china. I think about that too. My china sits in a box in the pantry and I think I've only used it twice since we've been married. I need to get it out more often...

Yvonne, I'll be thinking of you!!!

Corrine said...

that is a lot to do...I know that everything will turn out great.

and i say there is no reason to not use the fine china. i think that is great, really why do we have it if we don't use it. i think we are going to do fine china sundays :)

Melissa said...

Want a quick and super yummy dessert? It's called yogurt pie. You take an 8 oz. container of cool whip and add a small container (I can't remember the size!) of your favorite flavor of yogurt. Thow it into a grahm cracker crust and wahlah! I like to do strawberry and then throw sliced berries on top.
Good luck with everything! You are one amazing gal!!!

Amber said...

His pictures turned out MARVELOUSLY! And good gracious--visiting blogs should be the last of your worries with everything your family is going through. Hugs to you!

JustRandi said...

I should use my china more. I just don't really like it all that much. It was a compromise decision, because The Brain didn't like the one I picked.

Oh well. I should either use it or give it away, right?

Tonya said...

Whew, you do have a lot going on. I know you'll get it all taken care of.

Kyle's pictures are great!

Nancy Face said...

Kyle's senior pictures look wonderful! :)

Using the nice china more often makes sense! :)

Anonymous said...

Yvonne,

I have been reading you blog for several months. I wish to express my heartfelt regrets for the passing of your mother-in-law, she sounds like a great women.

If I can express my humble opinion; you do not need a course in time management, you need to take a course in how to say NO. You are pushing yourself to the point of serious overload. Allan’s mother has died, you both should be grieving and not worrying about Church meetings, preparing meals, and buying store-bought rolls!

As I am interested in your Church, I have been conducting research including reading blogs from Mormon women. Several studies that no longer surprise me, was that many Mormon women suffer chronic depression that leads to the use of antidepressant drugs and psychological therapy.

This is the time to grieve, ask someone else to make the meal, or just cancel it. Leave early for your trip to Utah, and have someone conduct Allen’s meeting. If this is the life of Mormon women, I think I would rather pass.

Outside, Look’n-in

Valerie said...

You will probably have more opportunities to sit back and relax over the next week... catching up with family and friends. All you have to do is endure NOW!!

Kyle is very handsome. THe pictures are wonderful!

Doran & Jody said...

Breath deep!!!
And after I read YOUR blog, I feel like I am doing nothing. Keep on with the nothingness. Your are doing great!

Liam's Mom said...

I like your new china resolution. It's a great idea and great attitude!

Kyle looks so handsome!!!

carolyne b said...

Just a quick note to say what a great job Kyle did on his talk at Stake Conference. And of course it goes with out saying Allen did wonderful with the talk about his mother.Have a safe journey to Utah.

Chel said...

You are amazing and so organized! It definitely helps to write it all down! :)
Love the pictures! I can't believe your baby is graduating. ;-)