Friday, May 22, 2009

You Know You're in Texas When...


You get to your hotel and find one of these in your room

You drive by a field and see this ; )

You go here for an early morning session.

You get to meet up and spend time with this cute family--and can I just say the kids (and Sei) are even cuter when you get to meet them in person. We met at Steak and Shake or as Allan called it--"Shake and Bake " ; ) I finally figured out why tori has such a cute figure. She only had a diet coke while I had a milkshake (and, of course, I had just finished a HUGE meal at "On the Border". Allan was so impressed with this little family. Each time he has an opportunity to meet a blogging friend, he has a greater understanding of why I love to meet up with these fabulous people.

We arrived in Texas on Thursday afternoon--uneventful flight (THE BEST KIND ; ) We have been crazy busy today--running errands for the wedding, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The night won't end until very late--Heidi, Brent, and Bev's flight will be very late. Thanks to storms in Denver, we will be picking them up around 12:30 a.m.

Looking forward to the wedding on Saturday.





16 comments:

Heffalump said...

That is great that you got to see Tori and meet Sei and some of her kids!
I hope all goes well with the wedding!

ShEiLa said...

I am always in awe at the tales of your travels... I just don't know how you do it.

ToOdLeS.

No Cool Story said...

Pretty cool!
I am with ShEiLa, you get to travel a lot and meet a lot of cool people :)

glittersmama said...

Yeah, Tori pretty much rocks.

I love your longhorn picture.

Tonya said...

Have fun in Texas, a country all it's own.

One of these days I want it to be me that you are posting pics of because we met.

Sheri said...

I am so jealous right now!! I miss Texas! Have a great time!!

Nancy Face said...

YAY! How fun that you got to visit with Tori and some of her family! I hope you've had a wonderful time today at the wedding! :)

mindyluwho said...

How fun to be able to travel so much and meet so many fun people!

I've been to Texas only a couple of times. Once I drove across the panhandle. It was a very pretty drive.

Holly said...

I was in Texas once, about 24 years ago. Houston. All I remember is how incredibly hot it was!!

I love reading about the adventures you have.

Ashley said...

I am heading to Texas next week. I am so excited to go 'home'. Dallas here I come! Love reading about all your adventures.

annie said...

How cool that you and Tori got to meet! I'm so jealous :)

NOBODY said...

Aw, that's a cute picture of you with Tori and her family. They are awesome, aren't they.

They must not have had dr pepper at Shake and Bake. :)

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you got to see Tori while you were in town. I can't wait until you come to Utah this July! :)

Corrine said...

how fun for you, sounds like your trip to Texas was great, man wish I still lived there to meet up with you, glad you got to see the wonderful long horns, they are amazing I think.

I love the Dallas Temple too!

Chel said...

Yay! More fun! You are hard to keep up with! :)

Liam's Mom said...

WHAT FUN! So glad you got to meet the fabulous Tori and fam. She is awesome!