Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Yes, I know I just posted a post about my morning walks, but how can I not do a special post IN HONOR OF SOME SPECIAL MEN IN MY LIFE.

I was going to just link to my post last year because really the man who is my father and those who were like a father to me are all gone, and I really can't add anything to the post. Consequently, I've decided to start with the beginning of that post.


I have been blessed to have some great men in my life. When I was a little girl
growing up in California, this man was so important to me. I was the son he never had. We loved Giant's baseball. I would read the paper every morning (at least the Sports page) so we could talk about what was happening. He was a great dad.













After my parents died in 1963 and 1964, this man stepped into the roll as substitute dad. He was an amazing man. I still remember him taking me aside when I was about 19 and telling me I talked like a truck driver--I had a pretty foul mouth (really there was nothing "pretty" about it ; ) He was not much of a baseball fan, but he loved the NFL and from him I learned a great deal about football. He was a great dad.























When I married, Allan I was blessed to have this man as a "dad". He knew little about sports but almost everything about everything else. He was a wonderful example for Allan and I think Allan is so wonderful today because of Newal. The highlight of Allan's working experience were the days he spent working side by side with his dad. He was a great dad.





















And speaking of GREAT DADS: I wanted to write a little about my grandson, Evan, who became a dad this past year. This will be his first Father's Day and I am so amazed--he is a wonderful dad. I was so touched when I watched him with his little son. It will be so fun to watch him as Xander grows.







































I've mentioned before what GREAT DADS Neal and Stephen are--but then again, they had a great example to follow. And they continue to amaze me.












What more can I say about this great man. Someone the other day mentioned on their blog about bragging and how it's a reason to "hide people on facebook". I've thought a great deal about that. There may be some who feel I'm bragging when I talk about how blessed I am or how wonderful my family is--I guess because I missed out on so much when my folks died, I just can't get over how fortunate I have been in my life. This man that I am blessed to call my husband would do anything for me and his children. He strives so hard to be a good person and always says he wants to do all that God would want him to do. Not to mention he is such a fun person.











































































































Can I just add one of my favorite pictures of this cute guy--the kids love to give him a bad time. One year for his birthday Heidi bought him a pair of earrings--just in case he decides to GO WILD. Keep in mind THIS IS SOMETHING YOU'LL NEVER SEE AGAIN. You may have to click on the picture to see the earrings.


12 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great man Allan is and what wonderful men you have and have had in your life.
I love your tributes.

Heffalump said...

Happy Father's Day to your hubby! I don't think that is the kind of bragging she was talking about... I'm so glad that you have been blessed with your husband and family!

Ashley said...

Fun family photos. Happy Father's Day to all the men in your life!

Magirk said...

I don't think you're bragging at all. I always love to hear the stories and see the photos of the people and family you love so much. I find it inspiring.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful father's in your family!

annie said...

Great tributes!

Nancy Face said...

What a cute and fun post! Allan is funny...I love that he gives people bunny ears and even wears earrings! Tee hee! ;)

Nancy Face said...

You NEVER brag! You just share uplifting and joyful things that you are grateful for! If we didn't do that, our blogs wouldn't be very happy places to visit, would they? :)

PJ said...

What a blessing to have such great men in your life.

I agree with Nancy Face, and love when you (and others) share!

Sheri said...

What's not to Brag about!! You have a wonderful family - I love to read about family posts!

sweetpea said...

Love this post! I especially like the last earring picture. :)

ShEiLa said...

So lucky you are to know so many wonderful men... that happen to be wonderful fathers.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

forgot to say...

I always enjoy your family photos.

ToOdLeS.