Saturday, June 6, 2009

More "Lasts" But Some Great Times



It was a fantastic Friday.

Kyle participated in the long jump at the Provincial Track Meet at the U of M. When we got to the University I couldn't believe HOW COLD IT WAS--like 50 degrees. I am used to track meets in June where you sweat. I had a sweater and a jacket with a hood and wished I had gloves. Anyway, Kyle did GREAT. He jumped about 1/2 meter over his best on his first jump of the day. When they went to the top 8, he was still in the competition. At the end HE WON. We were so happy.



With his coach and his dad (aka asst. coach ; )
















Taking off for his first jump of the day.

















Hard to get this picture--I have many of just his hands when he's standing in front of the guys who rake the pit.














Receiving his 1st place medal.

















A very happy father and son.

















While waiting for the medal ceremony, we left the track meet and went to Dairy Queen to get the champ a Blizzard and then headed over to the Church for a little BB. Kyle and his dad played a little PIG (dad won) and 21 (Kyle won). (Unfortunately mom couldn't hit the broad side of a barn ; )


















So it's back to the University this morning for the triple jump. Another cold day, but hopefully not as cold as yesterday. We'll see how he does.

Tonight we have Seminary Honors night and tomorrow is Kyle's last piano recital. I've been feeling quite nostalgic.

14 comments:

Tonya said...

Way to go Kyle!! He's a track rock star.

I think the picture of him jumping turned out great.

Natalie said...

Congratulations to Kyle. Great Job!

Valerie said...

Awwww.... this is such a great time of life! Congrats to Kyle for doing a great job!
Stay warm today!

Klin said...

It seems far away for me now, but when it gets here I imagine that I will feel just like you do.

Congrats to Kyle!!!

annie said...

Yay!!!!
Congrats to Kyle.

Jodi said...

Wow! Congrats! That is awesome! You should be proud!

I have a favor Yvonne! I am in need of some votes to win the Spa Contest I am finalist in. The voting began today and it's neck in neck! ugh! I want to win so badly!!! If you would go vote for me here:
http://segolilyspa.com/blog/burdens-banished-by-butter/#comments

I would appreciate it so much! I just posted more info on my blog! If you have time to do a short little post with the link so your readers can vote too, I would be most grateful! If I do win I get a years worth of free spa treatments and then get to blog about them!! Ahhhh...how awesome is that??

Thanks soooooooooooooo much Yvonne!!!

ShEiLa said...

It is so hard saying goodbye to all of the familiar high school stuff... moving on. It maybe easier for him than for you Yvonne.
At lease that is the way it works for me... I miss my kids.

But everybody has to grow up... except for my husband. ;) (kidding)

ToOdLeS.

aurora said...

Oh that post makes me teary! I am already thinking about the lasts coming up. My oldest is going to be a junior, sniff, sniff.
Congrats, Kyle!!:D

Tori :) said...

Yay for Kyle!! How awesome!!!

"..couldn't hit the broad side of a barn." made me laugh. ;)

Heffalump said...

Congratulations to Kyle!
I'm so glad you are documenting these "lasts" so that you will have them to look back on!

Chantel said...

Here you are talking about lasts and I am getting ready to start some firsts...first day of kindergarten is coming up quickly...

chellie said...

woo-hoo!!! That is AWESOME! Great pictures too! Crazy to see people in jackets... I think it's a hundred degrees every where!

Nancy Face said...

Congrats to Kyle! He has done great things with his many talents! :)

Suzanne said...

That is awesome he won. Congratulations, Kyle!!! :)