Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Blew It

This week there was a contest at I Heart Faces--It was entitled "At The Beach". I immediately thought of this picture, but thought I couldn't enter this picture because I thought they only allowed digital photographs. My DIL, Macy, who is a wonderful photographer, and quite often enters the contests, told me yesterday that it didn't have to be digital. Oh well, maybe next time.



I took this picture when we were visiting Southern California in 1998.

BTW, I hope you'll go here and look at Macy's beautiful shots of Amanda. It won't be long and she'll be posting the pictures that she took when she was the "official" photographer at Amanda's wedding almost 2 weeks ago.

Sidenote #1: I had my first "Learn to Run" class tonight. I had to laugh when I called to double-check the time and asked the woman who answered the phone if there was anything I needed to bring. She said, "No, just come prepared to run." I was a little surprised and said, "O.K????" To which she responded that I would be surprised how many people don't come prepared to run. I don't know maybe they assume it's a sit and observe kind of class??? We ran AND I LOVED IT.

Sidenote #2: Tomorrow I get to babysit a new little one--I'm so looking forward to it.

11 comments:

Connie said...

I want to know what you're learning in your running class!

I Love the picture of the huge wave! What a great shot!

Heidi said...

That is such an awesome picture mom!!! You are a GREAT photographer:) I am so proud of you and soooooo glad you enjoyed the running class---you are doing awesome! Love you!!!

Melissa said...

That picture is awesome!! Maybe there will be another contest another time :)
A running class? Hmm... sounds interesting. I had no idea there was such a thing...

ShEiLa said...

#1 love the beach photo.

#2 i just don't get people that like to run ;) maybe it's jealousy cause me knees can't take it. you amaze me Yvonne.

#3 gorgeous wedding photos by macy.

ToOdLeS.

chellie said...

Great shot!

Your running class sounds wonderful!

Heffalump said...

Wow that is a big wave!
Running class sounds like it might be painful!

PJ said...

Great shot!
If it were me in the class, I'd hope we eased into the run part :D

Tonya said...

That picture is so cool! Bummer that you didn't get it entered into the contest.

That's so cool that you're taking a running class. Good luck!

Connie said...

Here's something you didn't blow. Come check out my blog and see if you won anything (because you did!)

Yvonne said...

connie: Let's see what did I learn--that I should train slowly, very slowly. I learned about the value of stretching. It really was a good class. The most helpful thing I learned--YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO RUN (which was a relief to me ; )

Thanks.

Heidi: Hugs, sweetie. I love you, too.

melissa: Thanks.

For people like me a running class is very helpful.

sheila: Thanks.

I just want to get healthier.

Macy did a great job.

chellie: Thank you. I love the pic, too.

The running class will keep me going.

heffalump: It was a huge wave.

Not painful--they take it very slowly.

pj: Thank you.

We did ease into the running.

tonya: I remember when I took the picture and then when it was developed--I was amazed that I actually got the wave at the right moment.

Thanks.

connie: I'm so excited about winning. Thank you so much.

Nancy Face said...

That is the coolest photo!!!

I run but I NEVER love it, haha! :D