Monday, July 27, 2009

Let The Countdown Begin

Kyle has orientation at BYU a month from today. How in the world is that possible???? I decided to update my temple book (I have a scrapbook with pictures from all the temples we have visited (since we added two more on our latest trip to Utah--we had already been to Bountiful, but had not been to Draper (since completed) or Oquirrh Mountain). (We are currently at 49 temples, I think. It's hard because there are a couple that Allan has been to that I have not) When I came across this picture, I had to laugh. It doesn't seem that long ago. So hard to believe that Kyle and Brent will be at BYU together and Heidi is in her 2nd year of teaching in Utah. Where has the time gone???

Last night Kyle was ordained an Elder. They had a General Priesthood Meeting, so he was sustained at the meeting and then ordained after--which worked out so well. He was able to have some great men there with him. From left to right, Brother A, who has been our family ward High Councilman and a great friend to Kyle, Bishop W (his YSA Bishop), Darell who along with his wife have taken care of Kyle whenever we would go out of town (he was also our Bishop when Kyle was young), Allan and his two councilors, Pres. B and Pres. O.

Here he is 6 years ago when he was ordained a Deacon.

It will be fun helping him pack up--he is so organized we will not have a bunch of junk to go through--that is a bonus. I'm so excited for him. I know the whole experience at BYU is going to be great for him. But I have to say I AM REALLY GOING TO MISS HIM.

Sidenote #1: I can't believe how much there is to get caught up with whenever you come back from a trip. I'm sad to report my tomatoes are looking HORRIBLE and I think we'll have to go pay a visit to the nursery and see if they can help me.

Sidenote #2: Kyle read the 7th Harry Potter at the end of our trip in Utah and finished right before we got home. I want to re-read it, but I have a few other books sitting on my night stand. Some time ago I started one called, "Rock Solid Relationships" (goodness I should have finished that one before Utah ; ) I also bought one in Utah on forgiveness. I love self-help books because I NEED HELP.

Sidenote #3: Please go visit my friend, Connie, who is having a giveaway on her blog. I started reading her blog a couple of months ago. Stop by and say hello and check out the goodies she in including in her giveaway (which include a couple of bags of M&M peanuts ; )



8 comments:

Heffalump said...

Oh, a month isn't very long. That amount of time will just fly by!

Chantel said...

I am at the opposite side. My oldest starts kindergaten in a month and I am not sure if I am ready for him to be in school (I am excited that he is able to go though and looking forward to him being at school). Good luck with everything. Time goes so quickly.

Klin said...

Such a bitter sweet time. It's so exciting to see them go out on their own and grow and it's hard to not have them around and to see them grow through the hard stuff.

BYU is a lucky school to have your family. They come from great stock :)

Connie said...

It seems like so much has happened with you and your family in these past few months...graduation, wedding, surgery, trip to Utah, and getting Kyle ready to begin the rest of his life. What a great young man he seems to be.

Sorry about your tomatoes. Hopefully you can get the help they need!

Natalie said...

Where does the time go? I still feel sad when I think about it that my family is all grown and gone. I loved the hussle and bussle days of being with everyone.

Congratulions to Kyle. He seems like such a special young man.

I'm excited for Heidi. It is sooo much fun teaching the little kids.

Heidi said...

Oooh...can I have a copy of that picture of us with my really short hair---I want to show Daniel what it looked like;) C'mon mom---you know you and dad are sooooo ready to party without all of us around;)

Nancy Face said...

Congratulations to Kyle on his Ordination. What a wonderful day! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.