Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mr. and Mrs.

It has been a glorious week so far here in Utah and Saturday was the wonderful celebration of the marriage of this wonderful couple. Here are Mr. and Mrs. B as they exited the Bountiful temple.



On Friday night there was a barbeque for everyone to get to know each other a little better. We had not had the opportunity to meet Darren's family.

Here's the bride to be getting ready to dig in to the dessert she requested her grandma make for the barbeque

It was so fun watching these little guys hang out together

On Saturday we headed up to the temple (and I mean up--that is quite the steep drive up the hill). The sealing was beautiful. (BTW, to understand why they were married in the temple, go here.

Then it was time to go outside for pictures--LOTS OF PICTURES. And it was HOT. I felt very sorry for Amanda and Darren. But they were troopers. And we had a WONDERFUL photographer who was quite mindful of how hot everyone was and did her best to go quickly and give people time to go in the shade. I told Macy that I had never seen her "in action"--she does a great job. (I have seen her pictures, many times, but watching her was a lot of fun. (And I CAN'T WAIT until she puts some of the pictures from the wedding up on her photography blog.)

I did manage to grab a couple of shots (and tried very hard to stay out of her way) I love this one of the new couples.

I was glad that Stephen and Daphne and family did make the drive to be here for the celebration.

Then we all gathered for a lovely luncheon at a countryclub not too far away from the temple. It was a beautiful setting. It was fun hearing members of both families share memories of Darren and Amanda.

We had a few hours until the reception which was at Huntsman Center. Again, everything was beautiful. I know everyone had a great time. As I look at my pictures, I have tons of pictures of everyone dancing--such fun.




Before the reception actually started, Allan was walking around with Garrett who started jumping and Allan was jumping with him. (I do wish I had captured them IN THE AIR) Still I love this picture.

Another one of my favorite shots was of the four of these guys. They have such a great time whenever they are together.

I couldn't resist posting a picture that was taken Easter in Reno 1994--my goodness they have all grown up.

We have a family gathering at Macy's folks this afternoon and then Macy's performance tonight. My son-in-law, Tony, left this morning. Here's Tony with Heidi, Allan,, and Kyle. One car will leave in a couple of hours. Stephen and Daphne and two of the kids will be here until tomorrow as one of the cars heated up on the way to the temple and will have to be in the shop tomorrow morning. (Hopefully it will not be anything too serious (AKA EXPENSIVE) We will be here for a few more days and that means more time to hang out together. I don't like to think about the fact that we don't have any upcoming events that will bring us together again for at least a year when Kyle heads off on his mission.

This week has gone by much too quickly. I just love these opportunities to get together--wish we could do it more often. I will just do my best to make the most of every chance we have to spend time with one another. As I said in my last post, FAMILY IS THE BEST.

Sidenote #1: I haven't posted about the great time I had at Ice Cream meeting Nobody and two of her children. I want to do a post about our meeting--she is a very wise woman and she may not know it but she really gave me FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Sidenote #2: I have not been on the computer and am not sure I will get on today. If you have posted in the last couple of days, I promise I will get around to read your posts as soon as I can catch my breath.

15 comments:

Neal said...

Wow! When did you have time to post these pics?!? Thanks for the post - it was so much fun to see these pictures, this morning. Love the shot of Dad and G-Man ; ) I can't wait to see your other pics, as well. What a great time we had...

ShEiLa said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun to me. You amaze me that you keep up quite a pace and still find time to post... don't worry about making all of the blog rounds... there will be time for that.

Have a great day Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

What a lovely bride and beautiful couple. You have such a great family. It looks like you had so much fun. I'm glad. I love looking at the pictures. It is unbelievable how fast they all grow up.

Connie said...

What fun pictures and what fun you msut be having! I love the receptions with a dance.

Keep having fun and hope to see you tonight!

Heffalump said...

It looks like it was a lovely wedding and has been a great visit!

Corrine said...

bride and groom look so beautiful!

Can I treat you to lunch at our restaurant this week sometime?? It really is gorgeous up our way.

Valerie said...

It always looks like your family has a great time together. The love you feel for each other is apparent!

That dessert looks DELISH!!! Can you share the recipe?

Nancy Face said...

What great pictures! Amanda looks radiant and beautiful! Awww...such happiness! :)

PJ said...

Good Times!

Love the pics:)

Chantel said...

Sounds like so much fun. Family is so important and I also love being around mine. I love looking at your pictures.

Sheri said...

So fun!! That is the area I grew up! I am sure you are having a gret time! Enjoy!!

Tonya said...

I just love weddings. Everyone is so happy.

Great pics and that dessert looks delicious.

Glad you had fun.

Lei said...

Such a rewarding time in your life... one I very much look forward to!

Magirk said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Love the pictures, as usual. ;-)

Glad you are having a fun time in Utah.

Safe and happy travels to you!

annie said...

Beautiful!