Monday, July 13, 2009

Utah Here We Come

The car is packed and we are ready to go. I have to admit, I'm very excited. Family is very important and I LOVE whenever I have a chance to spend time with my family--my kids and grandkids are GREAT. While we are there Heidi will have her other foot operated on. I'm so glad we will be there with her. Poor thing, I hope this one goes better than her other foot. She ended up with an infection--she sent me a picture on my phone--it was pretty ugly. Poor Kyle hasn't been able to get the image out of his head, so there was no way I was going to post it here--didn't want to gross you all out.

While we are in Utah, we will be going to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open house.


Our granddaughter, Amanda, will be getting married on Saturday. That will be a very exciting day. I must admit I can't believe this little girl is getting married.













































And here she is with her handsome fiance. They are going to make a fantastic couple.

I know that some of us were together in Texas, and we really aren't sure who all is coming to Utah. I know we'll get to see the newlyweds who were married in Texas in May. I keep hoping Stephen and Daphne and the family will be able to make the trip. I had to laugh the other day when I came across this picture of Drew and his big brother.

And I'M SO EXCITED because I know this little guy will be there. I'm going to stock up on M&M's (I have to make sure I have enough for HIM, too ; ) I hate that we live so far away. His other Grandma and Grandpa get to see him so much more often, but I guess I just need to take advantage of every moment I have with him.

On Sunday, I get to go and hear my DIL Macy at this performance. If you have some time on Sunday, come and hear her--I'm looking forward to it. I just hope Heidi doesn't overdue it at the reception so she'll be able to go with me. Photobucket

And, obviously whenever we are together there is ALWAYS plenty of food involved. We will hit Kneaders, Cafe Rio, Zoupas, and COLDSTONE!!!! I'm also looking forward to meeting up with some bloggy friends. Ever since Allan met justrandi, tori, and txmommy, he thinks it's great that I go off and meet these friends. I have to say I have enjoyed meeting everyone I have met through blogging. I doubt I will have a chance to see anyone other than family the first week, but the second week I'M GAME!!!!

Sidenote: I'm a little worried about my tomatoes--sure hope they survive without my love and attention ; )

13 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I hope Heidi's foot surgery will go smoothly and that she will recover quickly.

Enjoy Amanda's wedding...and visiting with your family...and yummy food...and Macy's performance! Have fun and be safe! :)

Natalie said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip. It will be so great to be with family.

Good luck to Heidi on her foot surgery. Hope all goes well.

Unfortunately TxMommy is on the way to Navoo, Ohio, and Maryland. She had to cut her visit short because of the house taking so long to sell.

Have fun.

JustRandi said...

Be safe and have a great time!

I'm so glad I got to have a part in convincing Allan that we're not all completely crazy psycho people. I guess we're just a leeetle bit psycho!

lol
Have a wonderful trip Yvonne!

Connie said...

Have a safe and fun trip! Sounds like you're going to have a blast! Hope all goes well.

Corrine said...

you know I heard there is this awesome restaurant in huntsville Utah....I think it is Texas Pride Barbecue...the owners are awesome :) and a couple of them would love to meet you :) if you have time, I know there is lots of family and people to see...good luck with the surgery well for Heidi and the wedding and the fireside sounds like a lot of fun!

safe travels and hopefully your tomatoes can hold out for you.

Heffalump said...

Have a great time! It almost makes me wish I lived in Utah again, but not quite! If you ever head back to the Oregon Coast, just let me know!

ShEiLa said...

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. I hope Heidi takes it easy... and sorry to hear about the infection.

Yvonne you look beautiful in all of your photos... honestly you have not changed much over the years... very youthful looking.

ToOdLeS.

sweetpea said...

Have a wonderful time! You have so many fun things planned, I know you will!

Klin said...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I'll keep Heidi and your tomatoes in my prayers. Yummy matoes off the vine are the bestest!

Amanda said...

Thanks for your post, Grandma! I can't believe I'm getting married either!

Holly said...

Have fun! It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful trip!

Sheri said...

Safe Travels! Hope we see you! I am jealous you have tomatoes!! That is the one thing I have really missed with us moving so much... a garden! And well just that "settled" feeling too!;)

Annie said...

They do grow up too fast! I'm having a hard time believing my amanda is headed to college next month! yikes.