Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Do You Know Wednesday? I Know This: Family is the Best


About a month ago, my friend sweetpea, started a "What Do You Know Wednesday". I decided I don't know much, so I didn't post...actually, I had some other things I needed to post, so I'm just getting around to this today.

Since I am in Utah for my granddaughter Amanda's wedding on Saturday, what else could I post about but Family. I KNOW FAMILY IS THE BEST. It's wonderful to have friends and I appreciate all of mine, but NOTHING BEATS FAMILY. Everyone in our family would agree--we are far from perfect, but we are family--we are there for each other, love each other, and support each other. What else could a person ask for.

I'm grateful that we were here when Heidi had surgery on her foot today--I am happy to report the surgery went well and now she is recovering. This time she has a beautiful blue cast. She tried very hard to match Amanda's colors for the wedding ; )

Speaking of Heidi, she took me to her apartment yesterday to see the earrings she has been working on. I LOVE them. She is having a great time making earrings. I tried to take a picture, but it was hard.

I also had a chance to spend time with my adorable little grandson, Garrett, last night. Can I just HE IS AMAZING. He is talking up a storm and is such a cutie.

So, how about you...WHAT DO YOU KNOW???

A little bit of a sidenote:

Our drive here was great, (Of course, I say that because for me it was a "ride" not a "drive") The funniest thing to me was when we were driving, and Allan was commenting on these. He said last time we came through (in May) they were just starting to put the posts in the ground. I looked at him like, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. I don't remember seeing them at all. For him it was FASCINATING. I guess it's a man thing.

We stopped at the Salt Lake airport to pick up Neal who was flying in from Boston. Fortunately, he only had 2 small suitcases, or we would have had to use bungee cords and tie him on the top of the van. When we were walking out of the airport, we saw one of our Senior missionary sisters who had just flown home from Winnipeg. So fun to see her.

14 comments:

Heffalump said...

Family IS the best. You are so right!

Whitney said...

I love that you picked Family for being the best, because it is!!!

ShEiLa said...

I am glad Heidi is oK. Love the earrings. Men definitely notice different things while traveling on road trips... at least that is true for me and my hubby.

ToOdLeS.

Connie said...

First off...how can you be old enough to have a granddaughter getting married?
I hope the rest of your stay in Utah is delightful.
Let me know how your running class goes. I need to take one myself.

Sheri said...

Family is Best!! Wasn't Heidi matching her other cast to another wedding?! I am glad you arrived safely! I love the part about your husband noticing the pole construction... that is so a guy thing! My husband see's things that I never notice - then tells me I am unobservant!!;)

utmommy said...

Glad the surgery went well.

I know that it sure felt good to go on hike today! I also know that Family is the Best!

Natalie said...

You are so right. FAMILY IS THE BEST!
Hope you have a fabulous time. I'm pretty sure you will.:)
Glad Heidi is doing well.

Corrine said...

family is the bestest! glad you made it safe and sound and are having fun...and regarding Allen's post remarks, it has to be a guy thing...my husband is like....oh this used to be a Denny's and there used to be such and such here...

Amber said...

That family picture just makes me HAPPY. What joy you must feel to see your family grow and progress!

Tori :) said...

Awww I LOVE It!!!! Family IS the best!!

Tonya said...

Oh boy, I don't know much either but I couldn't agree more about family.

I also know that family comes in many different forms. I know that some of my friends are just as close as my family.

Valerie said...

Looks like you're having another great vacation with your great family. I think your blog name sums it up perfectly, "one happy mama" and I think we can add "grandmama" too!
We're coming to UT this weekend too. Orem even. We'll stop off at the Temple open house on our way. However, we have to come home before you DIL's performance Sunday night. :(

Nancy Face said...

I don't know much either...except family IS best! :)

I'm glad Heidi's surgery went well! Her earrings are so pretty! :)

Hope you had a great time at the wedding! :)

Valerie said...

I know I already commented but I had to come back.
My hubby noticed the new power lines too on our trip this weekend. I'm not sure I would have noticed them either, but after he pointed them out I said, "OH!! That's what Yvonne was talking about in her blog!"