Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You Know You're in Utah When...

Well, I know I'm in Utah when you get to visit 3 temples in a matter of a few days--in fact, you can be visiting one and see 2 others at the same time. When you are like me and the closest temple is 6 hours away, this is a real treat.

Bountiful where Amanda and Darren were married on Saturday.

Oquirrh Mountain--So glad we were able to go to the Open House.

We had visited the Draper Temple before it was completed. It is beautiful.



I really do "Love to see the temple".

I know I'm in Utah when I get to go to a fireside and hear my daughter in law, Macy, perform. It was incredible. She is so very talented. It was wonderful that so many of the family were able to be there to hear her. After the performance we all raised our "glasses" to show our love and appreciation.

It was so wonderful to be able to spend time with such great women. I listen to these girls/women and am truly amazed at how much they do and how much they know. I am grateful that I have such a wonderful daughter and that these 3 fantastic women have married into our family.

For those of us who live in the "frozen North", we find the temperatures a little unbearable. So you have to find ways to cool off--some children are very clever...They find popsicles

tubs that hold water

and sunglasses so you can look cool

I've so enjoyed my time here. I still have a couple of days and will make the most of it. Although I'm looking forward to coming back in a month, it's starting to hit me how lonely it's going to be at home once Kyle leaves.

(You have to know how thrilled I am to see him with camera in hand taking pictures.)


13 comments:

Heffalump said...

I can't stand hot weather...so I don't envy the people in Utah!

Tiffany said...

How wonderful to get to visit the temples and spend time with your family. You are right, it has been hot here in Utah. Popsicles and water do wonders.:)

Connie said...

What a blessing to be with family, to have popsicles and tubs of water in this hot weather, and to be able to go to the temple(s)!

I am so sorry I missed your DIL fireside. I was ready to go when I found out all my family was going to a concert at our city park for our Fiesta Days! I felt like I needed to be with my fam. Glad yours went well.
Have a safe trip home and enjoy the rest of your time in Utah.

Chantel said...

I love to see the temples as well. We enjoyed being able to see so many on our trip.

Klin said...

I am so sad I missed Macy's performance. I really wanted to come. I was just not out of my pj's yet. I know, I know. Keep my up on when she does her next one. I won't be hosting a wedding days before so I should be good to go.

I love to live where I am within minutes of a temple. It's a great place to go for some peace in our hectic world.

Liam's Mom said...

Kyle is a stud! You've always got all of us to listen to the empty nesting whoas.

Valerie said...

It looks like you've had a very nice trip. Glad the weather was sun shiney. And more glad there are popsicles to cool off with!!

I'm living without Buttercup this week and I miss her terribly. I keep thinking this is what it will be like when she leaves home... not sure how well I'll cope. Thank heavens I have one more year before she graduates!

Tori said...

I'm so sad I'm not in Utah to see, but I'm thrilled you're having a great time!!

Corrine said...

i love to see all the temples too...one of my favorite things here and my little timmmy says "temple" one of his few words.

i m sorry i missed that fireside. Sounds wonderful.

sweetpea said...

I miss seeing all the temples too, and that's one thing I wish my kids had more of an opportunity to see. The other day we were driving past a large, beautiful church. My girls called out that it looked like a palace, and in my mind I was reminded of a temple.

What a wonderful time you had, even though it was hot!!

Suzanne said...

I still haven't made it to the Oquirrh Temple openhouse yet, but I'm hoping to get there in the next week or two.

It sounds like you're only in town for a couple more days so hopefully I can see you when you're in town in August! :)

Whitney said...

I love that there are so many temples in Utah. I'm glad and jealous that you got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain open house!

Nancy Face said...

I love the beautiful temples and all these great pictures! So fun! :)