Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Allan


First of all, thanks to all of you who went and visited Brent's blog yesterday and wished him a Happy Birthday. HE LOVED IT.

Today is my sweet hubby's birthday. I was going to just add it as a sidenote on yesterday's post, but i just couldn't. It's been a tough year for him and I just wanted to say that I love him and think he is such a fantastic man. I guess you could say I KIND OF LOVE THE GUY!!!!

So just a few pictures--for Brent's 24th birthday I did 24 for him--no way I'll do the same for Allan because that would be A WHOLE LOT OF PICTURES ; )

Wasn't he a cute little guy

He grew up in Reno--he has two sisters.

This is when he was at BYU--now his youngest is there. Allan and I both love BYU--so it is so wonderful to have Brent and Kyle both going there this year.
Our wedding day.

Our first New Year's Eve.
I am a very lucky woman. Allan loves to cook and is a much better cook than I am. Kyle will miss Sunday dinners at our house when Allan would make fried chicken or pork chops and gravy. Mine just isn't the same. (Here he is making Sunday dinner at Stephen and Daphne's--cube steaks, mashed potatoes and asparagus. Yum.
Besides being a great husband--THE BEST--he is a wonderful father. His kids love him. One of my favorite memories is our celebration of his 60th birthday back in 2003. All of the kids and grandkids flew to Winnipeg and surprised him AND IT WAS A REAL SURPRISE. The best part for him was he didn't have to do any of the planning.
Another favorite shot was this picture taken when we were in Japan during our cruise last September/October. It was so fun to watch him interact with the children. It didn't matter that we didn't speak Japanese.

Allan's also shares his birthday with granddaughter, Hannah Grace. She is such a cutie. Today is her 9th birthday. I love this picture which was also taken at his 60th birthday party.

We had a great birthday dinner for Brent and Allan at PF Changs. The food was great AS ALWAYS.

The picture at the top was Heidi's creation--Allan loves Ding Dongs so she put those on his car window this morning to wish him a Happy 66th ; )


Sidenote: Kyle got moved into his dorm room and seems to be enjoying everything. I'M SO GLAD.

22 comments:

Heffalump said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! Today is my son S's birthday, so it is a good day for it!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to Allan! What a great guy you have. He's handsome too. I wish him a wonderful year.
Hopefully things will work out very soon.
Utmommy has a daughter whose b'day is today.:)

txmommy said...

happy Birthday to Allan!!

Connie said...

Love the wedding picture! You make a darling couple.
Happy Birthday to Allan.
Ding Dongs! What a great way to start a birthday!

mindyluwho said...

I wondered what was on the car. I haven't had a Ding Dong in years!

Happy Birthday Allan!

Nancy Face said...

OH! Those are DING DONGS! So fun! I thought they were chocolate cookies or something!

Happy birthday to your hubby! Great birthday post! :)

Klin said...

Happy Birthday Allan! I think Allan/Allen is a great name for a husband. I'm sure Yvonne will agree. we love ours.

Mmmmm ding dongs.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday to Allan and Brent (sorry, I missed yesterday's post). LOVED the Ding Dongs. I wish someone would do that for me!
It was fun seeing Allan's follicle changes over the years. ;)

ShEiLa said...

You both are so lucky to have each other. Happy 'belated' Birthday Allan!

66 years young.

ToOdLeS.

NOBODY said...

Happy Birthday Allan! Oops. I see that I'm a day late.
I love the wedding picture too! He looks so happy!

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Birthday Allan!!
I just LOVE Ding Dongs. I hope you were able to salvage those and eat em.

aurora said...

Happy Birthday Allan!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Allan!!!

I LOVE the first picture of him. He was so cute!

JustRandi said...

I hope the birthday was great! And yay for Kyle. You're a great mom, and he will be just fine!

Tonya said...

I love the ding dongs on the car. Totally awesome.

You are so blessed to have such a great hubby!!

PJ said...

This was great!
Happy Birthday:)

Glad Kyle is settling in well!

Sheri said...

Happy Belated Birthday Allan! So great to meet you both today! You are exactly as I thought you would be - two lovely people who obviously love each other and are so easy to talk to and be with! Have a great weekend!

Corrine said...

happy birthday Allan, wish I had had a chance to look at blogs this week to wish you a happy birthday in person! Thanks for coming and visiting with Yvonne, it truly was a pleasure meeting y'all! Happy BIrthday!

Tori :) said...

Oh I LOVE birthdays!! Happy Birthday to your sweet husband!!

Liam's Mom said...

Such a great post/tribute to your amazing guy! He is such a ham! I love how much fun you all have together with your kids.

I married a chef too. I have learned a lot from him, but nothing tastes as good when I do it.

Amber said...

25 years from now, I hope to do a similar post for my husband. What a wonderful tribute of so many memories!

Yvonne said...

Thank you all for your birthday wishes to Allan. He loved them.