Thursday, October 29, 2009

I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE

After 500 days (but who was counting???), I am pleased to report that we have GREAT CAUSE FOR CELEBRATING:



We want you to know how much we have appreciated your concern and your prayers. It has meant so much to us. Hugs. The e-mails and the comments, and obviously the prayers, have meant the world to me. I know many have experienced loss of employment, but when you are 66 years old it can be a very scary thing.

I would love to tell you that I have never worried through the whole experience but like George Washington, I CANNOT TELL A LIE. I have cried buckets, screamed, and at times had a very tough time, but through it all I really did know God was mindful of us and that eventually it would work out--it was just the "WHEN" that was so hard.

We're not sure exactly what will be involved in this new job, but the biggest question is: What am I going to do now that Allan will not be home EVERY DAY!!!!

And for those of you who have wondered--the best part of all WE DON'T HAVE TO MOVE. (Yes, I was torn because I would have loved to move closer to the kids, but as many of you know I have kids on the West Coast, East Coast, Midwest, and then those cute guys in UTAH. Thank goodness for phones, computers, and airplanes ; )

I really wanted to do this yesterday as a "What I Know Wednesday" post, but unfortunately it was not good to go, so no post yesterday--but then again judging by the blog traffic lately, it really doesn't matter ; )


Sidenote #1: We had a wonderful Stake Conference weekend. We had a great group over for dinner on Sunday including our Temple President and his wife--they have been in their calling for three years, so this was their last Conference with us (we will sure miss them), our new Mission President and his wife, and Allan's two counselors and their wives. We also had two of Pres. B's 3 children. It was our first Stake Conference without Kyle ; (

Sidenote #2: These are for sheri. I looked out the window on Sunday and saw a couple of deer in the yard and went and grabbed my camera. I had to laugh when I looked at this picture--IS THAT DEER JUST MIMICKING ME??? It sure looks like he has his eyes closed!!!

And then his friend decides to stick her tongue out at me--OF ALL THE NERVE!!!!

Sidenote #3: Now I can get started making reservations for a little trip. For our anniversary Allan is sending me to California to have Thanksgiving with Stephen and Daphne and their children. Heidi, Brent, and Kyle will drive in from Utah and hopefully Wendy and Tony will drive over the mountain. IT WILL BE SO FUN. I think Stephen and I are going to run a 5K together on Thanksgiving--how fun will that be!!!!





27 comments:

chellie said...

that is wonderful news! Prayers really do get answered.... sometimes we don't understand His timing... but He always listens.

love you!

Thorny Tree Lady said...

WOO HOO HOO!! Congratulations to you both! You are a wonderful support to your husband, and such an example to all of us. I'm so glad you two have received this gift!

txmommy said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Melissa said...

YVONNE!! That is SUPER fantastic news! How exciting :)
And I hope you're able to get your tickets and get to California where it will be nice and warm... ah.... ;)
HUGS!

Neal said...

Totally jealous about your California trip : ( I know you'll have a blast..

Corrine said...

I am so happy! 500 days is a really long time...so happy for you.

laughing at the deer pictures...maybe there is a little connection with the eye closed deer and you :) love it.

happy Thursday! so very happy for you!!

Sheri said...

Yvonne... I am sooo thrilled for you!! Congratulations! That is a huge relief - I am sure!!
Those deer pics are classic! Thanks for thinking of me!;) I enjoy them like that a lot better than in the pic I had!!

Klin said...

Yay!!!! That is such great news.

I am so excited for you to go to a warm place to spend Thanksgiving. The bonus is that Kyle will be there, too. It must be hard to not have him around daily. I missed mine at first, but got used to it. Now I love it.

If you get lonely call me. I can talk sometimes ;) It's not all about court and therapy. I do tons of driving, too.

PJ said...

YAY! Happy, Happy Day!!

Amanda said...

Oh I am so happy for you and Alan! I can't even imagine what a relief it must be!!!! Yay!!!!!

Connie said...

How exciting! What a great blessing! Things will change around your house now. Hope he loves his new job!

Nancy Face said...

HALLELUJAH! I'm so glad! What a bonus it is that you don't have to go through a move! :D

S said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you! I like having you above all of us watching over us! It wouldnt be right if you had to moved "down" here! My brother that lives with me just lost his job and I think I am more sad then he is:( I say we celebrate all week and far into next! YEA!!!!!!!!!

glittersmama said...

I am so happy for you and Allan. What a tremendous relief!

I love your deer pictures.

Tonya said...

HOORAY!!! I'm so happy for you guys.

Valerie said...

What a great day today was!! Congratulations on everything wonderful that is happening for you! You deserve it. :)

Suzanne said...

Yvonne, I'm SO SO glad that things have worked out for you guys! Thanks so much for sharing your good news! I hope all the changes that come with the new job will be good ones! :)

Chantel said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations to both of you.

Magirk said...

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!!! for a new job! :-D

I am soooo happy for you both. I'm sorry that you won't have Allan home every day, but I'm happy to hear the good news! ;-)

And good news about the trip to California as well. I'm sure it will be a wonderful time for you.

Yay!!!

(And LOL about those picture of the deer!) :-)

JustRandi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and your peace of mind. Or should I say the one piece of mind you have left. (don't worry, it's a big piece!)

Heffalump said...

Yay! I have been hoping for good news on that front!

ShEiLa said...

I am so happy for you.

My sister and her hubby have been out of work for a very long time. He has a part time job now... but it doesn't cover their bills.

I have seen so many people suffering with this recession and it hurts because I know I cannot help everybody... I just try to do what I can.

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

Sorry I was kind of away from bloggy land this week but I wanted to tell you how happy I am that everything worked out with the job. Bonus that you do not have to move!! whoo Hoo
I bet the relief is enormous - Life can now move on!!

mindyluwho said...

Congratulations Yvonne! You wouldn't be human if you didn't worry and cry about it. But you are a woman of GREAT FAITH. It shows through and through!

Tori said...

Oh Yvonne!! THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I am so so so so so so happy for you and Allan!!!! YAY!! Happy dance!!

Ok, you've given me some hope. ;)

Yvonne said...

After thinking about the post I wrote about gratitude, I realized I did not say thanks to all of you who commented. I appreciated the e-mails and the kindness you all have given us. Hugs to all of you.

chellie: You are so sweet to come and comment. I love you, too.

thorny: Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I appreciated it very much.

txmommy: Thanks.

melissa: We are very happy. I was able to get my tickets and am looking forward to my trip.

neal: It would be fun if you and your family could be there, too.

corrine: Thanks so much. It was a long time, but there were so many things that were great about the 500 days--I'm particularly glad Allan was able to have some wonderful times with his mom and was able to be there for his sisters.

sheri: I thought of you IMMEDIATELY when I saw the deer ; )

Thanks.

klin: You are always so kind. Thank you--we'll have to talk.

pj: Thanks--we are thrilled.

amanda: It is a HUGE relief.

connie: Yes, there will be lots of changes. I hope he loves the job, too.

nancy: It is a bonus that we get to stay. Thanks.

s: We couldn't get much further north ; )

I say we always celebrate, eh.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother--hope he finds something soon.

glittersmama: Thank you so much. Hope life is good for you--hugs.

tonya: Thank you, tonya.

valerie: You are so kind.

suzanne: I hope the changes are good, too. It will be interesting.

chantel: Thanks so much.

magirk: We are very happy. Yes, it will be different not having him here every day, but he's ready to be back working again.

Thanks.

justrandi: I'm not sure how big that piece of mind is ; ) Thanks for being there.

heffalump: Thanks, heff.

sheila: Thanks. I know many people are suffering. We have had several in our family who have not been able to find jobs in their fields. Times are very difficult.

mindylou: Thank you so much for your kindness.

tori: We must NEVER lose hope, tori. Hang in there.

Nobody said...

Wow. I'm sloooooooow to the draw.
Congratulations. I bet you're still very happy, so I'm not too late.
I'm so happy for you!